Arkansas becomes 35 state to pass "Stand Your Ground" protections for Americans...

Stand Your Ground” policy removes a duty to retreat before a would-be victim can use deadly force to defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

Translation: I was afraid of the black guy so I shot him

Actual translation: 2 men broke into my home and were heading toward my daughter's room. One was white. One was black. I shot them both before they got there...

The way Stand Your Ground works is

An unarmed black man is in front of your house. You are afraid of negroes.....you know how they are
So you shoot him, just to be sure

Stand your ground

So this means I can shoot a white man in Arkansas because he's a klan member and I feared for my life.
If you can PROOVE the you had a REASONABLE fear of imminent harm or death, yes. But from reading many of your posts, you don't have a REASONABLE thought in your head. A jury would lock you up forever for murder if you were foolish enough to make anything near the comments you make here on the stand.

To the racist any challenge to racism is unreasonable. I think that in some of the cases where white men shot blacks claiming to be standing their ground they did not have a reasonab.e fear, but they figured idiots like you would sit on the jury and agree that a person is a threat just because they are brown skinned. No jury would lock me up for presenting evidence of racism in America, nor would a jury lock me up under stand your ground laws if I proved the white man was a white supremacist and I acted because I feared for my life. Unless itd a jury of white supremacists and given this is America that is highly possibe.

We know why stand your ground is being passed especially is states like Arkansas.

‘Stand your ground’ laws encourage racially charged violence

In 2005, Florida was the first state to enact a “stand your ground” law, which allows people to fatally shoot others in public without attempting to escape if they feel threatened, all without fear of criminal prosecution. States across the country have passed their own versions of this law, but Florida’s arguably goes the furthest to protect the shooter.

Under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, not only does an individual have “no duty to retreat” when faced with “imminent death or great bodily harm,” but a recent change to the law made it even easier for defendants to get off by shifting the burden of proof to the state. In other words, the state must prove that the shooter was not acting in self-defense.

It should be no surprise, then, that “stand your ground” cases in Florida have come under the spotlight. Just last month, for instance, Michael Drejka, a white man, fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, an unarmed black man, in front of the victim’s loved ones in a dispute over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater. Invoking the “stand your ground” law, the Pinellas County sheriff did not arrest Drejka – claiming his hands were tied – a decision that even some NRA lobbyists and Republican sponsors of the legislation refute.

He was not covered by Stand Your Ground laws. I believe he was later convicted.
He tried using that law as an excuse, just like Zimmerman. That law needs to be rescinded every it's legal.

Zimmerman was a different case. Not Stand Your Ground. He broke off the stalk, but what's-his-name then stalked Zimmerman. From that point, it became his.

People try to hide behind insanity pleas as well. Those laws should be rescinded.
Zimmerman was never stalked.

Stand Your Ground” policy removes a duty to retreat before a would-be victim can use deadly force to defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

Actual translation: 2 men broke into my home and were heading toward my daughter's room. One was white. One was black. I shot them both before they got there...

An unarmed black man is in front of your house. You are afraid of negroes.....you know how they are

Stand your ground

Nope. That's now how it works at all. If he comes into your house then you can shoot his ass.

What are your thoughts about what our resident negro had to say about killing a white guy because he was afraid?

That is stupid
We all know Stand Your Ground Laws only apply to white people

What are your thoughts about what our resident negro had to say about killing a white guy because he was afraid?

That is stupid
We all know Stand Your Ground Laws only apply to white people

Only in your lefty loon mind.

Loads of blacks here in Florida have used Stand your ground as they should.

So this means I can shoot a white man in Arkansas because he's a klan member and I feared for my life.
If you can PROOVE the you had a REASONABLE fear of imminent harm or death, yes. But from reading many of your posts, you don't have a REASONABLE thought in your head. A jury would lock you up forever for murder if you were foolish enough to make anything near the comments you make here on the stand.

To the racist any challenge to racism is unreasonable. I think that in some of the cases where white men shot blacks claiming to be standing their ground they did not have a reasonab.e fear, but they figured idiots like you would sit on the jury and agree that a person is a threat just because they are brown skinned. No jury would lock me up for presenting evidence of racism in America, nor would a jury lock me up under stand your ground laws if I proved the white man was a white supremacist and I acted because I feared for my life. Unless itd a jury of white supremacists and given this is America that is highly possibe.

We know why stand your ground is being passed especially is states like Arkansas.

‘Stand your ground’ laws encourage racially charged violence

In 2005, Florida was the first state to enact a “stand your ground” law, which allows people to fatally shoot others in public without attempting to escape if they feel threatened, all without fear of criminal prosecution. States across the country have passed their own versions of this law, but Florida’s arguably goes the furthest to protect the shooter.

Under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, not only does an individual have “no duty to retreat” when faced with “imminent death or great bodily harm,” but a recent change to the law made it even easier for defendants to get off by shifting the burden of proof to the state. In other words, the state must prove that the shooter was not acting in self-defense.

It should be no surprise, then, that “stand your ground” cases in Florida have come under the spotlight. Just last month, for instance, Michael Drejka, a white man, fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, an unarmed black man, in front of the victim’s loved ones in a dispute over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater. Invoking the “stand your ground” law, the Pinellas County sheriff did not arrest Drejka – claiming his hands were tied – a decision that even some NRA lobbyists and Republican sponsors of the legislation refute.

He was not covered by Stand Your Ground laws. I believe he was later convicted.
He tried using that law as an excuse, just like Zimmerman. That law needs to be rescinded every it's legal.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The defense that Zimmerman used was self defense because it was the shithead Negro thug that attacked him.

Stand your ground was never discussed at the trial.

He was found innocent by the way.

It was probably his fat ass Negro girlfriend telling the jurors that the asshole was making racial slurs against Zimmerman before attacking him that did it.

If somebody breaks into my home I am not going to ask him about his race before I shoot him.

Of course chances are it will be Black or Brown.

If somebody doesn't want me to shoot them because they are Black or Hispanic then don't break into my home. Problem solved.
Stand your ground doesn't have anything to do with your home.

If somebody breaks into my home I am not going to ask him about his race before I shoot him.

Of course chances are it will be Black or Brown.

If somebody doesn't want me to shoot them because they are Black or Hispanic then don't break into my home. Problem solved.
Stand your ground doesn't have anything to do with your home.

It does here in Florida. It is tied to the Castle Doctrine that says I don't have to run away if a Negro or one of China Joe's Illegals broke into my home.

I can shoot the sonofabitch.

In the Commie states you have to run away or give the thug whatever his little vile heart's desire lest you be charged with a crime and then be sued by the family.

Stand your ground

:eusa_doh: I'm not afraid of anyone. Break into my home where my children are sleeping in their beds, at night, in the dark, I promise you I am not going to turn the lights on to determine which one to shoot. They will both be shot. Color is moot. If that needs translating, here is the meaning:
To Blacks who do NOT want shot, don't break into my home. I am not afraid to shoot you and consider it your fault if you get shot in my home.
To Whites who do NOT want shot, don't break into my home. I am not afraid to shoot you and consider it your fault if you get shot in my home.
There ya go...

Stand your ground encourages “Shoot first and ask questions later”
It also allows a person who initiated a conflict to use lethal force.....Because he felt threatened

Stand your ground

:eusa_doh: I'm not afraid of anyone. Break into my home where my children are sleeping in their beds, at night, in the dark, I promise you I am not going to turn the lights on to determine which one to shoot. They will both be shot. Color is moot. If that needs translating, here is the meaning:
To Blacks who do NOT want shot, don't break into my home. I am not afraid to shoot you and consider it your fault if you get shot in my home.
To Whites who do NOT want shot, don't break into my home. I am not afraid to shoot you and consider it your fault if you get shot in my home.
There ya go...
Unfortunately, you do not have to be in your house. Castle Doctrine already covers that.

It applies to any confrontation where one person has a gun and the other doesn’t. All you have to do is claim you felt your life was threatened

Might makes right and Dead Men tell no tales

I do not support SYG, but if the people of Arkansas want such a law on the books, that’s up to them...

It does here in Florida. It is tied to the Castle Doctrine that says I don't have to run away if a Negro or one of China Joe's Illegals broke into my home.

In the Commie states you have to run away or give the thug whatever his little vile heart's desire lest you be charged with a crime and then be sued by the family.
You can shoot someone breaking into your home in every state in the union.

You can shoot someone breaking into your home in every state in the union.

Yes you can. But you can also be arrested for doing so. Not so with Stand Your Ground.

True, because the law is written for and by white men.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
So much confusion over stand your ground laws because of the msm constantly misleading people on it.

First of all the Zimmerman team did not use the stand your ground law because their client had no opportunity to retreat after he was attacked....aka pinned to the ground.

His defense team simply used the Self-Defense law which is similar in most states....the jury rightfully declared him not guilty.

Another Florida Case Michael Drejka.....who did try and use the Florida Stand your ground law was convicted......in a case where once again the great majority of people were mis-informed by the msm.

Even worse than that the very strong prosecutor misled a weak jury....and got a conviction....which is being appealed. It was a terrible miscarrage of jusitice.....the jury obviously did not even consider whether Drejka was in reasonable fear of his life....at the insistence of an incredibly strong and persuasive prosecutor...who insisted all the jury had to do was to watch the video...and that was all they did....a video in slow moition which should not have been allowed because it altered the reality of the confrontation....making it appear drejka had a lot of time to consider whether or not his attacker was retreating....using the slow motion video the prosecutor was able to convince the jury the attacker was retreating.

Forum List

Back