Arkansas Ten Commandment Monument Destroyed in Terrorist Attack

:eek: Boy is you tarded? Jesus is God's son, dummy. Wizard my ass, they built this thing here.
I thought Joseph was the father of Jesus. How did God become Jesus's father? Was there some kind of adultery thing going on? Lots of folks say God is the Father of all, but are you claiming God is the literal father of Jesus?
If God is all-powerful, why couldn't he be a Wizard if he wanted to and why couldn't he make Jesus a Wizard?
Wow, were YOU ever sleeping in Sunday school. Holy cow.
Why should I or anyone else be required to believe in or have knowledge of someone else's religion? That is one of the obnoxious and offensive traits of Christian's. They think the whole world should be experts in their religion or even care about it and all of its indoctrinations.
Ya never heard of Christmas, Camp?
Maybe you didn't; I don't know you and no, you don't HAVE to know. But you opened a thread on the 10 Commandments getting mowed down AND you defended religious "monuments" on all government property.
And now you never heard of the virgin birth? Okay. Not a criticism, just surprised. Sorry if I offended you.
I have of course heard of the virgin birth and know xmas is about the birth of Jesus, but I do not understand the details of all the different Christian denominations or the details of their interpretations. I just get offended when people expect me to know and even believe the details of their personal beliefs or the details of their religion. It is offensive when people try to make political or moral judgments and expect me to agree with those conclusions. I am happy to respect the other guy's beliefs but respect has to be mutual. Believe what you want, but when you insist I adhere to your beliefs you have gone too far.
Well, I'm an aetheist.

what next? remove them from the supreme court building?
Where are they in the Supreme Court building? Hint: they are not.

They are, in fact, on the building. There are numerous friezes representing the law givers. Moses and the 10 Commandments are there. But so are Muhammad, Hammarabi, Confucious ect ect.

The problem is not a religious statue on public property, per se. It is that there is no other statue allowed. THAT is identifying one religion as that of the gov't.

The phoney Christians were really triggered on this weren't they? They tag their graffiti on buildings and then whine about it when someone cleans the graffiti off. Put up 20ft monuments in or around your church or your house, but how about stop trying to cram your religion down everyone else's throat. I don't see all the other religions doing this in the US, just the Kristians.

Jesus said in the bible go into a closet and worship so no one can see you do it. Kristians in the US though have some inborn need to urinate their religious mark on every building they see. How about just kneel to the cross in your church and your house and be happy. Why all the extracurricular activity? Erecting all these idols is opposite of what Jesus taught, but the fake Kristians worship these craven idols as they do Christ himself.

Edit: And you have to laugh at the OP's attempt to slip 'terrorist attack' in there because his argument wasn't quite inflammatory enough. Nice try.

A question for those who destroy other people's property: What makes you think that what you put your mark on will not be replaced later on?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A question for those who destroy other people's property: What makes you think that what you put your mark on will not be replaced later on?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Its not as if he destroyed private property. It may well be replaced, and then removed by federal court order.

It only took one day for the Ten Commandments Monument to be destroyed by what has become the latest kind of terrorist attack, running it over with a vehicle. Apparently, not everyone in the Hillbilly Confederate loving Trump brainwashed Red State is in favor of planting religious symbols at the state capital.

But it is obviously over-stocked with religion hating, Marxist libtard thugs.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Its not as if he destroyed private property. It may well be replaced, and then removed by federal court order.

Whats next, removing the crosses at Arlington National Cemetery?

They are, in fact, on the building. There are numerous friezes representing the law givers. Moses and the 10 Commandments are there. But so are Muhammad, Hammarabi, Confucious ect ect.

The problem is not a religious statue on public property, per se. It is that there is no other statue allowed. THAT is identifying one religion as that of the gov't.
The historical background of what an 'establishment of religion' actually is, has not one thing to do with statues on government property.

It has everything to do with the history of the Anglican Church, whose head is the monarch of England and Scotland and whose clergy are paid by UK citizen taxes.

This whole bruhaha about statues and crosses is just bullshit.

The historical background of what an 'establishment of religion' actually is, has not one thing to do with statues on government property.

It has everything to do with the history of the Anglican Church, whose head is the monarch of England and Scotland and whose clergy are paid by UK citizen taxes.

This whole bruhaha about statues and crosses is just bullshit.

It has everything to do with equality too. The instances in which the various religions are welcomed causes less flack. It is the "This is our religion, no one else's gets to be here" that starts the trouble.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh please. Can we stay with the topic? No one is want to remove all religion from everywhere. At least no one reasonable.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh please. Can we stay with the topic? No one is want to remove all religion from everywhere. At least no one reasonable.

lol, yeah, and no one supported gay marriage in 2008 election either and look where we are now; mired in a degenerate cesspool!

It has everything to do with equality too. The instances in which the various religions are welcomed causes less flack. It is the "This is our religion, no one else's gets to be here" that starts the trouble.

I totally agree with that much.

So I guess a statue of the Ten Commandments says "only Jews allowed"?

roflmao, do you see my point yet?

A statue is NOT an ESTABLISHMENT of a religion.

It only took one day for the Ten Commandments Monument to be destroyed by what has become the latest kind of terrorist attack, running it over with a vehicle. Apparently, not everyone in the Hillbilly Confederate loving Trump brainwashed Red State is in favor of planting religious symbols at the state capital.
leftards are so violent and so intolerant

I often end up calling myself an atheist because people cannot understand that I'm against organized religion rather than the possibility of a higher being. Folks are, in general, idiots. Expecting idiots to comprehend that a statue/plaque etc is not /CONGRESS/ establishing a religious bias is far, far to much.

Personally, I'd prefer that we generally kept religion and government separate (including not putting up the 10C's on public buildings) but I honestly don't care enough to say much of anything about it if they do.

Also, just because there's not a law on the books, does not mean it isn't used in the legal system. My (ex?)husband was tossed from the military for committing adultery (even while Clinton was dawdling interns in the oval office) and many courts and legal mediators do consider adultery and the like when they assess "character" and such. I've also seen many cases where someone was fired because they were cheating on their GF/BF/wife/husband.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

lol, yeah, and no one supported gay marriage in 2008 election either and look where we are now; mired in a degenerate cesspool!

Really? Degenerate cesspool? How so?

Oh, and as for the Arlington nonsense, the crosses represent the faith of the individual buried there. The 10 Commandments on the public square represents who?

I totally agree with that much.

So I guess a statue of the Ten Commandments says "only Jews allowed"?

roflmao, do you see my point yet?

A statue is NOT an ESTABLISHMENT of a religion.

In and of itself, a statue is not an establishment of a religion. This much is true.

But a statue representing one religion and not allowing any other religions to join in or put up statues IS establishing a religion. Or at least a preference for one over all others.

Forum List

Back