Armed BLM "Protester" Shot Dead in Austin, TX

What do you know of Richard Spencer?
As I understand it he is a neo-nazi and white supremacist

but what does that have to with his right to express his opinions?
It was a white supremacist rally.

dishonestly advertised as being about the statutes.

you knew that of course. you though had a motive to support the lies of the ws, to dishonestly lie about the numbers of ws there to give them the illusion of relevance.

you and the ws are on the same side of this lie. both telling the same lie. working together to commit the same lie on the american people.

how do you like working with richard spencer and helping him achieve his goal(s)?

The seat of power they were fighting for was demanding the ability to own slaves, so whether you like it or not, that’s the cause.
That was not the only issue

you are trying to judge 19th century men by 21 st standard

The men fighting for abolition were also 19th century men. There would have been no civil war without slavery.

The men fighting for abolition were also 19th century men. There would have been no civil war without slavery.
You don’t know that

besides the issue of slavery has been settled

but libs like you will not let it die

The seat of power they were fighting for was demanding the ability to own slaves, so whether you like it or not, that’s the cause.
That was not the only issue

you are trying to judge 19th century men by 21 st standard
Give me one good reason why we should honor a man who lead an army in rebellion to the country, killed many thousands of Americans for the purposes of maintaining chattel slavery?

If slavery weren’t an issue, the civil war never would have happened. Don’t try to rewrite history.

because he was doing so in defense of his homeland and his people. and he did so fairly well and bravely.
In defense of his homeland? You must be confused at who started the war.

nothing in my post was about who started it.

you asked a question as to why honor lee. i gave you my answer. imo, it is close to what most who support the statue would say.

when you are asking about my motive, and then when you hear it, you express disagreement with me, that does not make sense.

my feeling that way, does not require you to agree with me.

i have given you an explanation for my action, that does not require my being the evul person that YOUR BEHAVIOR requires.

are you prepared to change your behavior?

What were they trying to rewrite?
that the confederates were evil when most of them were not

they fought bravely for the union before and after the civil war and deserve to be remembered respectfully

What they are trying to do is counter your rewriting of history that puts slavery down as a footnote in American History and renames slavery as "immigration". The soldiers themselves fought for a variety of reasons but there was nothing "noble" about their cause - it was straight up about the right to keep slaves and that cause was evil.

what do you think about the russian soliders that fought at stalingrad

You don’t know that

We can feel pretty confident that it wouldn't have - what with the political maneuvering to keep slave holding vs free states balanced.

When you re-write history, to inflate the nobility of the southern cause and marginalize the role of slavery...it's you who isn't letting it "die". Add to that the fight over the flag, the mass produced confederate monuments...who's not letting it "die"?

they fought bravely for the union before and after the civil war and deserve to be remembered respectfully

What they are trying to do is counter your rewriting of history that puts slavery down as a footnote in American History and renames slavery as "immigration". The soldiers themselves fought for a variety of reasons but there was nothing "noble" about their cause - it was straight up about the right to keep slaves and that cause was evil.

Nothing.

If the anarchist shot first then I’m glad he’s dead

But this will not be the last escalation of violence to come out of the radical lefts attempts to tear down this country

I wish someone in the news would dissect this guys personal life and background to see what was troubling him so deeply

For instance was he the product of a broken home who grew up without a steady male influence in his life?

Was he a bad student who may have graduated high school but was barely literate?

was he a failure with women and frustrated sexually?

More likely a radical queer looking for black with a fresh supply of young black males around.

Jo

So fucking what? Does the First Amendment not apply to white supremacists, as well as black supremacists, atheists, radical Hispanic groups, Islamic groups, and radical leftist organizations?

BFD.

You don’t know that

We can feel pretty confident that it wouldn't have - what with the political maneuvering to keep slave holding vs free states balanced.

When you re-write history, to inflate the nobility of the southern cause and marginalize the role of slavery...it's you who isn't letting it "die". Add to that the fight over the flag, the mass produced confederate monuments...who's not letting it "die"?

the issue was completely dead, until you people started bringing it up again.

do you know how little impact a statue in the park has on people?

i was at the park last year and found a statue dedicated to a long dead industrialist.

i guess some hard core union guy could find it offensive. i lived in walking distance of that statue for decades and did not know it was there.

you people are doing this. you people are choosing to tear this nation apart.

Nothing.

give it some though. do you respect them or revile them?

Nothing.

give it some though. do you respect them or revile them?

Neither. I don't know enough about that history to comment much. In addition - it's not my country.

You don’t know that

i was at the park last year and found a statue dedicated to a long dead industrialist.

i guess some hard core union guy could find it offensive. i lived in walking distance of that statue for decades and did not know it was there.

If that was true then WHY would anyone care if it was removed?

So fucking what? Does the First Amendment not apply to white supremacists, as well as black supremacists, atheists, radical Hispanic groups, Islamic groups, and radical leftist organizations?

BFD.
It seems you might have not been paying attention, because the big deal is that saying the white supremacist rally had some very fine people might logically be interpreted as an endorsement of white supremacy.

You don’t know that

To this very day, there's a statue of Vladimir Lenin in a park in Seattle. The same Lenin who was responsible for the murder of millions of people, far more than the number of blacks murdered and the number who died in the Civil War.

And yet, where is the outcry to have that removed?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia

You don’t know that

To this very day, there's a statue of Vladimir Lenin in a park in Seattle. The same Lenin who was responsible for the murder of millions of people, far more than the number of blacks murdered and the number who died in the Civil War.

And yet, where is the outcry to have that removed?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia
That statue is on private ground of a person who has it there because of its artistic value.

Forum List

Back