Armed Patriots In Idaho Protect Library From Fascist Books

Were any of them Uncle Remus? How about "Little black Sambo"?

Huckleberry Finn? Tom Sawyer?
Nah..the Right loves those books. they reflect a reality that they like to refer to as, 'the good old days'.

Last edited:
Where text can be changed with the stroke of a keyboard. That's not a good idea.
Totally agree...the lesson of Animal Farm...another book that many wanted banned. Everyday the Rules were clear as can be on the barn wall..and every night the PIgs snuck out and changed just little bit..Like starting out with "all animals are equal"..and secretly adding.."but some are more equal that others"

the real lesson is that the animals bought it..grumbled complained..and bought it.

Thus with censorship...once you start..freedom of information and ideas is gone.

here text can be changed with the stroke of a keyboard. That's not a good idea.
It's where the kids are. And they talk to each other.

At the speed of light.

These people may not believe it, but the kids have already read the material, had several thousand discussions among their peers, have laughed their asses off about it, and have already moved on to the next thing.

They won't be becoming redoubt members.

That's why Uncle Remus has been banned, amirite?
An American institution for well over a century.

Out with the four olds, aye, American Redguard?
Dunno..just scrolled through the Public Library database..found over 100 references to Uncle Remus..including 3 omnibus editions of collected stories

That's why Uncle Remus has been banned, amirite?
An American institution for well over a century.

Out with the four olds, aye, American Redguard?

Perhaps unintentionally ironic..given the topic? Referring to the Red Guard in a thread about censorship?
It is the free flow of information the guarantees freedom..not censorship>I thought this one deserved two answers~

At the speed of light.

These people may not believe it, but the kids have already read the material, had several thousand discussions among their peers, have laughed their asses off about it, and have already moved on to the next thing.

No the future redoubt kidz are somewhere else on the net. Stormfront, infowars, Redit--a lot on Redit. They are on You-tube..scrolling through Portland street scenes.

Sadly, the net promulgates hate just as well as understanding and knowledge.

Kyle Rittenhouse knows

Dunno..just scrolled through the Public Library database..found over 100 references to Uncle Remus..including 3 omnibus editions of collected stories
It's not even mentioned in public schools anymore, though. Uncle Remus takes a back burner to Drag Queen Story hour in public libraries.
I bet the youngers have no idea who he is, even.

It's not even mentioned in public schools anymore, though. Uncle Remus takes a back burner to Drag Queen Story hour in public libraries.
You know how rare the Drag Queen thing actually is?

So, here it is..the schools are not obligated to teach it. But the libraries are obligated to have it in their collection.

Freedom right? Synonymous with choice.

What is ironic is that the books that the RWNJ's want banned..are not even in the library's collection!

So, here it is..the schools are not obligated to teach it. But the libraries are obligated to have it in their collection.

What is ironic is that the books that the RWNJ's want banned..are not even in the library's collection!
Books like what?

The social contract does not create an obligation for the state to distribute filth, seen as too obscene to be read aloud amongst adults, to children.

Books are not being banned, this is about limiting the distribution in a responsible manner. Then again 'banning' is your buzzword, you freaking tool.

At the speed of light.

But did they read the original material, though?

Not rare enough. It's something that shouldn't be.
In the days of the Founders they would have been hanged or castrated by law.
I'm ok with giving them some freedom and not castrating or hanging them, but not freedom to proselytize to young children.
Children don't need to be involved with sexuality in any kind of way.
:nono:

Last edited:
Books like what?
I expect your question is rhetorical..but I'll play along.

I assume, not having seen a list..that they are young adult books on gender equality and choice.
Books that say that you're OK if you are different or have different feelings.
Books that teach that acceptance of those folks is OK..and healthy.

Probaby some that you erroneously call CRT.

Very few are for grades below 6th--most are targeted at teens.

You know..everything you hate about America today.

The social contract does not create an obligation for the state to distribute filth, seen as too obscene to be read aloud amongst adults, to children.

Books are not being banned, this is about limiting the distribution in a responsible manner. Then again 'banning' is your buzzword, you freaking tool.
No it is not..dumbass, or else they would be proposing limiting check out privileges--parental permission required..or placing the books in the Adult Only section.

But they wish to ban, yes ban, them from being in the collection at any time in the future. since none of the books in question are even in the Library!

Smacks of political theater, now that i reflect on it~

I expect your question is rhetorical..but I'll play along.

I assume, not having seen a list..that they are young adult books on gender equality and choice.
Books that say that you're OK if you are different or have different feelings.
Books that teach that acceptance of those folks is OK..and healthy.

Probaby some that you erroneously call CRT.

Very few are for grades below 6th--most are targeted at teens.

You know..everything you hate about America today.
So you don't have a list? Wtf, dude? No list=You're just talking shit blind.

But did they read the original material, though?
The ones that had any interest.

This isn't an issue for the kids. it's only an issue for the dipshits that spend all their money and time preparing for the end times, that have been for centuries.

New century. Same dipshits.

I read everything, assume that banned books will get more attention,. Reading is both learning and adventure.

No it is not..dumbass, or else they would be proposing limiting check out privileges--parental permission required..or placing the books in the Adult Only section.

But they wish to ban, yes ban, them from being in the collection at any time in the future. since none of the books in question are even in the Library!

Smacks of political theater, now that i reflect on it~
Banning would include ceasing publication and printing, that isn't happening. There is no obligation to distribute filth to children on the public dime. Wallow in your buzzwords somewhere else.

Forum List

Back