🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

"The district has apologized for any perception that individuals in uniform are not welcome in the school. The district does not have a policy excluding individuals in uniform and will be working with administration and the firm that handles our security to make sure district policies are understood and communicated accurately."

End of a non-story. A security personnel took it upon themselves to set policy.

You sound upset. Are you more upset that I disagree with you? Or over the FACT that this was one guy who was quickly overruled and the matter made right? Hard for you to work up a hard-on of outrage over this when the problem is solved quickly, isn't it?

Bingo.

Set her up? Ma'am I asked her questions about her opinions she gave answers that ANYONE who has served knows better than.

Until earlier today I thought she was misguided , but honest, her answers in this and another thread prove I was mistaken.

No Naval Officer in the history of the Navy would print/say/or imply something in conversation than when proven factually wrong refuse to simply say " I was wrong"

If pointing out that fact says more about me than her, than so be it.

Sir, sorry...but you already gave yourself away with the oh-so-innocent question you posed, then pounced on her with an AH HA.

I find questioning her service tacky. This is a message board. How the fuck do we know that all you are saying is truth? We don't. So stuff it.

You bring up an excellent point.

If I showed up to my daughter's HS in uniform and was turned away and before I left, the Admin came up and apologized and let me in......it would NEVER cross my mind to go running to the media to whine about something that was fixed and apologized for right away.

What kind of mentality does that?

Why, a fucked up Tea Party, beating one's chest as hard as one can type of mentality does that.

1.Security Guard told soldier in uniform that he could not wear his uniform to school
2. Security Guard was wrong
3. School apologized to the soldier

I see why conservatives are outraged

Why, yes, I can see it, too. Why, this newest outrage story will go right up there with the faux outrage over that newly elected black president having the gall to put his feet up on the oval office desk. Oh, the outrage!!

Myself, I joined in the Army 1988, I am currently on terminal leave. Will retire as a Lt Col.

That was probably the friend of a friend on Face Book that wrote that and you copied and pasted, dint ya?

I think her answer is full of shit, between this and another thread, there is noway this person is a retired naval officer.

And thank you for letting us all know that you are a sock.

Only a sock would suddenly be interested in Bodecea's personal life.

Damn. Another unhinged Rightie. Geez.

Ugh what? Why are you calling me an article of clothing exactly?

Oh, and I've asked MANY people about their military service.

Army officer is told not to enter his daughters high school beca - Fox 2 News Headlines
Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

rochester.jpg

Rochester Michigan – I have to wonder what people are thinking when someone in the Military is turned away from their own daughter’s school because they are in uniform! This is the United States of America, our Military personnel put their lives on the line to provide the freedoms we so enjoy, which includes the freedom to purse an education!

Well a security guard at one school in Rochester Michigan(Rochester Adams High School), turned away a father of a high school student, telling him he couldn’t enter the school because his uniform might offend some of the students! I am in shock that someone has actually said this to one of our service members, at a school in America!

He was told he could not wear a uniform cause "some students may be offended" by the uniform.
Yeah, pathetic fucking liberals. Just pathetic fucking liberals. Liberals are just fucking pathetic.

I smell BS.

Quit sniffing your fingers, bode.

Interesting, what year were you reborn gay?

And why in the fuck would that concern you, and what relevance does that have to this thread?

Damn, Righties just get more unhinged by the minute.

Geez.

It doesn't concern me, I was merely interested. Your sudden anger however concerns me.

Not anger. An assessment. You are a sock. You go on ignore immediately.

Bye, bye, asswipe!

Interesting, what year were you reborn gay?

And why in the fuck would that concern you, and what relevance does that have to this thread?

Damn, Righties just get more unhinged by the minute.

Geez.

It doesn't concern me, I was merely interested. Your sudden anger however concerns me.

Not anger. An assessment. You are a sock. You go on ignore immediately.

Bye, bye, asswipe!

Oh no, I go on ignore immediately? How ever will I cope?

Rochester Schools superintendent Robert Shaner who is a veteran himself quickly took care of the situation apologizing to the family for their troubles.

Shaner sent a letter to Fox 2 which says, "the district has apologized for any perception that individuals in uniform are not welcome in the school. The district does not have a policy excluding individuals in uniform and will be working with administration and the firm that handles our security to make sure district policies are understood and communicated accurately."
\

So why are Liberals denying it happened?

It did.

Yes, the Superintendent apologized, after the father was initially denied entry because he was in uniform.

The liberals are bothered and nitpicky because they see the manifestation of their idiocy bearing fruit. The guard had a reason, a motivation, to forbid entry - he internalized the left's messages about how awful the military is, how awful guns are, etc.

Flip the script. The Christian Right is always yakking about how diseased and sinful homosexuals are and a homosexual comes to a Christian School and the guard, having internalized those messages denies him entry.

I don't believe for one second that guys line Lone Laughter would be saying "I need to know more. Thinking people always need to know more. I don't believe that the school has a policy of turning away homosexuals because someone will be offended." He'd presume that it was school policy to deny entry to homosexuals.

That school guard was acting on liberal messages that military men are dangerous.

1.Security Guard told soldier in uniform that he could not wear his uniform to school
2. Security Guard was wrong
3. School apologized to the soldier

I see why conservatives are outraged

Why, yes, I can see it, too. Why, this newest outrage story will go right up there with the faux outrage over that newly elected black president having the gall to put his feet up on the oval office desk. Oh, the outrage!!

Stick to math.

Lieutenant Colonel Sherwood Baker

How did such a seemingly narcissitic whine get to be a lieutenant colonel?
Rochester Schools superintendent Robert Shaner who is a veteran himself quickly took care of the situation apologizing to the family for their troubles.

Shaner sent a letter to Fox 2 which says, "the district has apologized for any perception that individuals in uniform are not welcome in the school. The district does not have a policy excluding individuals in uniform and will be working with administration and the firm that handles our security to make sure district policies are understood and communicated accurately."
\

It did.

Yes, the Superintendent apologized, after the father was initially denied entry because he was in uniform.
Yes it did happen, and was apologized for and fixed right away. Makes one wonder what kind of person goes running to the media to cry about it when it was fixed right away.
I used to like your posts.

Now they are starting to make me sick.
Why, it's a valid question.

The school apologized and stated the security guard was wrong.

Why did this guy go to the media?

Leftists invent the script. Conservatives perfect the script. We're just learning and improving on the tactics you devise.

I still don't understand who thought it would be ok for ANY service member to go to events in his or her Cami's.

When I was in it was Class A uniforms or civies ONLY off base. Shoulda' stayed that way.

My guess is that Cami's, because they're untucked, cover fat better than the Class A's do.

Army routinely wore BDUs off base when I was in. It was always strange because Marines could never do that.

\

It did.

The liberals are bothered and nitpicky because they see the manifestation of their idiocy bearing fruit. The guard had a reason, a motivation, to forbid entry - he internalized the left's messages about how awful the military is, how awful guns are, etc.

[ TITLE: AMERICA 1967 ]

VO: But at the very moment when Sayyed Qutb's ideas seemed dead and buried, Leo Strauss' ideas about how to transform America were about to become powerful and influential, because the liberal political order that had dominated America since the war started to collapse.

[ TITLE: 11pm, JULY 25th 1967 ]

PRESIDENT LYNDON B. JOHNSON: Law and order have broken down in Detroit, Michigan. Pillage, looting, murder…

VO: Only a few years before, President Johnson had promised policies that would create a new and a better world in America. He had called it "the Great Society."

[ TITLE: President LYNDON JOHNSON, 1964 ]

JOHNSON: The Great Society is in place where every child can find knowledge to enrich his mind. It is a place where the City of Man…

VO: But now, in the wake of some of the worst riots ever seen in America, that dream seemed to have ended in violence and hatred. One prominent liberal journalist called Irving Kristol began to question whether it might actually be the policies themselves that were causing social breakdown.

IRVING KRISTOL: If you had asked any liberal in 1960, we are going to pass these laws, these laws, these laws, and these laws, mentioning all the laws that in fact were passed in the 1960s and ‘70s, would you say crime will go up, drug addiction will go up, illegitimacy will go up, or will they get down?

Obviously, everyone would have said, they will get down. And everyone would have been wrong.

Now, that's not something that the liberals have been able to face up to. They've had their reforms, and they have led to consequences that they did not expect and they don't know what to do about.

Power of Nightmares

Forum List

Back