🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

i guess my question would be 'why?'
why is he going to the school in uniform to begin with?

Do you have a problem with that?
i just find it odd. judging by the picture I'm assuming he works for the guard, probably out of an armory in the same town as the school. perhaps he was there over lunch, that certainly seems possible, and since he'd be returning to work the uniform was still necessary.
but if that wasn't the case why would he choose to wear his uniform?

If he's guard or reserve, perhaps he's on drill or doing his annual tour. He might also be active duty & head up a recruiting station or teach ROTC. There's a thousand different possibilities but it doesn't matter. The security guard is a mental midget for refusing entry to the LTC...
nobody is doing at this september, the national guard bureau ran out of money. a lot of units aren't even drilling.
again, his picture in front of the guard seal with his family leaves me to believe he is a guard soldier, likely working full time for the guard, and that he likely works out of an armory in the area.
regardless, going to the school in uniform for what i can only assume had to be a scheduled meeting with the counselor runs counter to the behavior of those that i know.

Then PC has hit your area bigtime. All my life servicemen have been in uniform on days they are on duty. All my life, I've seen them in stores, airports, the post office, driving down main street in their camo vehicles on the way to/from the armory, etc. All my life (and to this day around here), servicemen didn't have to buy a suit and tie because their dress uniform IS a dress suit, so worn out to dinner, functions, church, weddings, TV appearances, etc. We've generally stopped and said thank you when we encounter them or at least smiled, waved and mouthed thank you as they pass.

Now, apparently, they need to change clothes to run errands because they should be ashamed of themselves for serving? This mentality honestly makes me sick. The US has gone through the looking glass ... so sad.
Sounds to me that they can only wear them on active duty, except for a few exceptions.

Being at your kid's school isn't on active duty.

Wearing Military Uniforms

alright, here's how this really works. Each service has its own policies, but Air Force & Army are largely the same. Unless told otherwise, you are authorized to wear your uniform to/from work. You are also authorized to wear your uniform to a public place as long as it is not on the banned list (usually those places are a result of selling a prohibited substance or questionable/unethical business practices) such as a school or to the store. You can't be in uniform at a political event or some event that would discredit the armed forces. This guy going to his daughter's school in uniform is no big deal assuming that he is AGR & was doing so as part of his daily errands. There is nothing in the regs to prohibit it. The school guard acted stupidly for which he is hopefully corrected.
just an fyi, he doesn't have to be agr. he could be a technician.

he could, but that is just a status. Point is, by what ever status he's under (man days, AGR, etc.), wearing a uniform off-base is not prohibited unless the commander says so. There used to be a time when service members had to change out uniform to go to/from home but that was because of the local operating location (usually overseas).

also, why he was wearing his uniform is irrelevant unless you believe the military contacted this security guard and empowered him to enforce military uniform policy.

One of the program directors at one of the after school programs here is virulently anti-military. Which is difficult for her since her SON is currently serving.

I have her on my fb and had to un-follow her because of the garbage she posted on there. We're still friends though...I just don't look at her stuff.

She also chewed my daughter out for asking an older girl, who is KNOWN to embrace Satanism or wicca shit, I don't know which and I don't think she does either, why she isn't Christian.

also, why he was wearing his uniform is irrelevant unless you believe the military contacted this security guard and empowered him to enforce military uniform policy.
it's not irrelevant. again, i wouldn't have this thought in my head if it weren't for the media grubbing, but there is the possibility that he thought going there in uniform would help his daughter's situation.

not saying it's the case for sure, but i am saying that by choosing to contact the media (likely), or at the very least discuss the situation with them leads me to believe that he is not above using his uniform to his advantage.

Public Schools have become Public Toilets. It's a mess. The Communist/Progressive assholes have been allowed to take complete control. Now it's just Left Wing nutter indoctrination. More & more Americans are choosing Private Schooling and Homeschooling. Can't really blame them.

i just find it odd. judging by the picture I'm assuming he works for the guard, probably out of an armory in the same town as the school. perhaps he was there over lunch, that certainly seems possible, and since he'd be returning to work the uniform was still necessary.

If he's guard or reserve, perhaps he's on drill or doing his annual tour. He might also be active duty & head up a recruiting station or teach ROTC. There's a thousand different possibilities but it doesn't matter. The security guard is a mental midget for refusing entry to the LTC...
nobody is doing at this september, the national guard bureau ran out of money. a lot of units aren't even drilling.
again, his picture in front of the guard seal with his family leaves me to believe he is a guard soldier, likely working full time for the guard, and that he likely works out of an armory in the area.
regardless, going to the school in uniform for what i can only assume had to be a scheduled meeting with the counselor runs counter to the behavior of those that i know.

Then PC has hit your area bigtime. All my life servicemen have been in uniform on days they are on duty. All my life, I've seen them in stores, airports, the post office, driving down main street in their camo vehicles on the way to/from the armory, etc. All my life (and to this day around here), servicemen didn't have to buy a suit and tie because their dress uniform IS a dress suit, so worn out to dinner, functions, church, weddings, TV appearances, etc. We've generally stopped and said thank you when we encounter them or at least smiled, waved and mouthed thank you as they pass.

Now, apparently, they need to change clothes to run errands because they should be ashamed of themselves for serving? This mentality honestly makes me sick. The US has gone through the looking glass ... so sad.
Sounds to me that they can only wear them on active duty, except for a few exceptions.

alright, here's how this really works. Each service has its own policies, but Air Force & Army are largely the same. Unless told otherwise, you are authorized to wear your uniform to/from work. You are also authorized to wear your uniform to a public place as long as it is not on the banned list (usually those places are a result of selling a prohibited substance or questionable/unethical business practices) such as a school or to the store. You can't be in uniform at a political event or some event that would discredit the armed forces. This guy going to his daughter's school in uniform is no big deal assuming that he is AGR & was doing so as part of his daily errands. There is nothing in the regs to prohibit it. The school guard acted stupidly for which he is hopefully corrected.
You post first says wearing the uniform to a school is banned and second says it is no big deal to wear it to a school??

it's not irrelevant. again, i wouldn't have this thought in my head if it weren't for the media grubbing, but there is the possibility that he thought going there in uniform would help his daughter's situation.

not saying it's the case for sure, but i am saying that by choosing to contact the media (likely), or at the very least discuss the situation with them leads me to believe that he is not above using his uniform to his advantage.
Bingo, therefore not acting like an officer and a gentleman.

You post first says wearing the uniform to a school is banned and second says it is no big deal to wear it to a school??
Reading comprehension is not one of your finer qualities.

Bingo, therefore not acting like an officer and a gentleman.
So one mans theory is enough for you to say he did not act like an officer and a gentleman.

You are a pathetic ****

He is saying schools and stores are not on the banned list. Those in parentheses are on the banned list. Those out of parentheses are not.

He is pointing out wrong behavior by a so called educator. That's all.

He is saying schools and stores are not on the banned list. Those in parentheses are on the banned list. Those out of parentheses are not.
I see that now. His sentence was poorly written.

Only b/c you jumped to that conclusion in your head.

How many Americans daily go to a job that requires a uniform, and then have to take some personal time for errands and run those errands in their uniform? If the guy were a UPS delivery man would you think anything of him showing up in his brown shorts? Would you say "hey should have went home and changed first?"

It is what it is.

sorry guys, slight editing problem....this is what I meant to write....

basically, as long as a place is not on the commander's ban list, you are good to go. Places like schools & grocery stores don't generally show up on those lists. Those that do are usually places that have questionable/unethical business practices or sell prohibited substances.

Shitstain....if some cocksucker like you told me to leave when I wore the uniform, I would've walked past your ass and kicked your ass as soon as you laid one finger on me. You would have no teeth left.

Shitstain....if some cocksucker like you told me to leave when I wore the uniform, I would've walked past your ass and kicked your ass as soon as you laid one finger on me. You would have no teeth left.

so you would assault someone trying to do their job? while in uniform? (mcdonald's or hardees?)

and i never said i'd stop anyone.

you sir, are a pleasant person and i'm absolutely convinced that you are as big a badass as you claim to be on the internet.

it has nothing to do with shame and everything to do with not drawing attention to oneself.

Pardon me?

On what basis would a school ban parents who "draw attention the themselves?" I mean seriously
i didn't say that. i said that my experience has been that those that wear their uniforms every day typically change out of them when they do things like go to the grocery store, visit the doctor, or whatever other errand they need to run because they don't want to draw attention to themselves.

That doesn't even make sense.

Especially if this guy worked at a nearby armory as you suggest and had to run to the school for a meeting in the middle of his shift.

I went off base in my uniform ALL the time, not to draw attention to myself, but for convenience , who has time to change into civvies , run their errands, and then change back into their uniform to return to work?

And besides an attention whore would have shown up in his dress uniform with full salad bar on display.
and again, i'm not saying that he would choose to wear his uniform in order to draw attention to himself, just that people i know choose not to wear it when they don't have to in order to avoid drawing attention.
hell, i wouldn't even be questioning it if they hadn't gone to the media.

Prove they went to the media.

Forum List

Back