🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

When I was in....the military was made of sterner stuff.....not that I'm saying this soldier whined personally....but geesh!

When I was in....the military was made of sterner stuff.....not that I'm saying this soldier whined personally....but geesh!
there were two parties that knew what happened, and one of them went to the media.
hint: it wasn't the school.

Finally played the video in the OP.
The wife said, "he served in the army for 24 years," NOT he's been serving in the army for 24 years.

Is he active duty and if not, why is he prancing around in his uniform?

The man does have a little bit of a pussy on him.....allowing his wife to whine to the media for an admitted mistake

there were two parties that knew what happened, and one of them went to the media.
Hint...

There were many more than 2 parties that knew about it.

But you still insist on going after the character of the guy himself.

I wonder why that is.

You were in the military?

Age? When were you in.Terminating rank?

Interesting to find out about fellow posters.

Myself, I joined in the Army 1988, I am currently on terminal leave. Will retire as a Lt Col.

What's the rest of the story?

You sticking your thumb up your pathetic liberal ass.

No asshole. What is the full story? Who is the guard? What does he say about the matter? Is there any indication that liberals at the school have such a policy? Does the school have an ROTC program? Does the school invite military recruiters on campus several times per year like most high schools? Is this entire thing just a misunderstanding?

You fucking intellectual lightweights who think you have more respect for our military than liberals are a fucking blemish on society.

Your outrage is fake......just like your patriotism.

Let's face it; nothing you listed in any way should affect a final judgment of this matter without any more information.

A member of the US Army, indeed, an Army Officer, should ALWAYS, be given AT LEAST the same protections as any other U.S. Citizen wanting to visit his child's school in his work apparel.

And because his job entails keeping US safe from attack, the idea of barring someone in uniform of the nation's Army from visiting his child's school is more than bizarre.

It borders on the criminal, IMO.

Sure....not that you are saying this soldier whined personally....

Then why the comparison to your military service?

I know...I know...."show me where I said it was he that reported it"..

I get it. Drop the hint then deny it is what you meant.

Childs play.

It was a school and at the door. It could have been any number of people. I go to various schools all the time in my line of work. This was not done in private. It was a high school, apparently. Those are filled with drama queens (both genders) who love to make school staff like idiots and meanies. Kids talk, they tell other kids and parents, often exaggerating. Why would you assume it was the Lt Col rather than school drama snowballing.

It was a misunderstanding, handled promptly. Neither side should be demonized, IMO. One side assuming a muslim or liberal academia and the other side questioning a serviceman for wearing his uniform at all or "prancing around in it."

FFS, I'm glad most of the country isnt like the people here.

I still don't understand who thought it would be ok for ANY service member to go to events in his or her Cami's.

When I was in it was Class A uniforms or civies ONLY off base. Shoulda' stayed that way.

My guess is that Cami's, because they're untucked, cover fat better than the Class A's do.

Myself, I joined in the Army 1988, I am currently on terminal leave. Will retire as a Lt Col.
I have not heard transitional leave referred to as terminal leave in over 20 years. You just showed your age! Congratulations on a great and rewarding career! And thank you and your family for your service.

Terminal lave,[sic] now often referred to as transitional leave, is the type of leave servicemembers accrue before they transition out of the military. It's tempting to use your leave liberally while in the service, but saving terminal leave can make your transition smooth and even enjoyable.

Maximizing Military Terminal Leave Military.com

Glad to know the term, "Terminal" does not refer to your physical health or well-being.

:)

I have not heard transitional leave referred to as terminal leave in over 20 years. You just showed your age! Congratulations on a great and rewarding career! And thank you and your family for your service.

Yes I'm old fart now, hard to believe....

Terminal lave,[sic] now often referred to as transitional leave, is the type of leave servicemembers accrue before they transition out of the military. It's tempting to use your leave liberally while in the service, but saving terminal leave can make your transition smooth and even enjoyable.

Maximizing Military Terminal Leave Military.com

Glad to know the term, "Terminal" does not refer to your physical health or well-being.

:)

Thank you for that. I was feeling bad for him.

It was a school and at the door. It could have been any number of people. I go to various schools all the time in my line of work. This was not done in private. It was a high school, apparently. Those are filled with drama queens (both genders) who love to make school staff like idiots and meanies. Kids talk, they tell other kids and parents, often exaggerating. Why would you assume it was the Lt Col rather than school drama snowballing.

It was a misunderstanding, handled promptly. Neither side should be demonized, IMO. One side assuming a muslim or liberal academia and the other side questioning a serviceman for wearing his uniform at all or "prancing around in it."

FFS, I'm glad most of the country isnt like the people here.
My first post in this thread was to point out that the situation had been rectified; the parents are fine with it; the chool apologized; the superintendent offered a meeting for closure and it was a non story.

I then found myself having to defend the Lt. Col. against posters who, without proof, found it appropriate to blame the soldier for doing certain things wrong...and questioning what his motives were.

Very sad.

The wife said, "he served in the army for 24 years," NOT he's been serving in the army for 24 years.

The past tense doesn't preclude the present.

Also, a former _______ can certainly wear their former uniform under certain conditions. Neither you nor I have any way of knowing if any of those conditions apply here.

Also, a former _______ can certainly wear their former uniform under certain conditions. Neither you nor I have any way of knowing if any of those conditions apply here.
I tired to explain that to her but to no avail.

One will ALWAYS say 'I have SERVED for 24 years" even if they are still serving.

She is hell bent on finding dirt on the guy.....no talking sense to her.

Just to get in all in one, thank you 4 for your service. I appreciate it.

ETA: And any other I missed (counting is hard)

I tired to explain that to her but to no avail.

One will ALWAYS say 'I have SERVED for 24 years" even if they are still serving.

She is hell bent on finding dirt on the guy.....no talking sense to her.

Of course one would say it that way. The 24 years are in the past.

Wouldn't make sense t say " I have serve for 24 years"

Some conclusion-jumping was done here, based upon stereotypes, and, for once, it turned out to be a false alarm.

Bullshit.

This is not the first time a hack media outlet has fucked up. I've debunked dozens of these pieces of shit journalism and commented you would think the rubes would learn to stop drinking their piss so unquestioningly. But have they? Noooooo...
Are you trying to say that (a) such stereotyping of Academia does not exist or (2) reporters may not have jumped to the wrong conclusion or (3) it turned out to be a false alarm?

Where is the 'bullshit' in any of that?

Forum List

Back