🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Army dad not allowed to visit daughter's school in uniform

When I was in....the military was made of sterner stuff.....not that I'm saying this soldier whined personally....but geesh!

You were in the military?

Age? When were you in.Terminating rank?

Interesting to find out about fellow posters.

Myself, I joined in the Army 1988, I am currently on terminal leave. Will retire as a Lt Col.

@bodecea

Boy are you opening a can of worms

When I was in....the military was made of sterner stuff.....not that I'm saying this soldier whined personally....but geesh!

Myself, I joined in the Army 1988, I am currently on terminal leave. Will retire as a Lt Col.

Terminal lave,[sic] now often referred to as transitional leave, is the type of leave servicemembers accrue before they transition out of the military. It's tempting to use your leave liberally while in the service, but saving terminal leave can make your transition smooth and even enjoyable.

Maximizing Military Terminal Leave Military.com

Glad to know the term, "Terminal" does not refer to your physical health or well-being.

:)

Thank you for that. I was feeling bad for him.

I know, RIGHT!???!

LOLOL

USN Navy Retired...joined in 1977, retired in 1999. Retired Rank Commander (O-5), Naval Aviator.

Finally played the video in the OP.
The wife said, "he served in the army for 24 years," NOT he's been serving in the army for 24 years.

Is he active duty and if not, why is he prancing around in his uniform?

The past tense doesn't preclude the present.

Also, a former _______ can certainly wear their former uniform under certain conditions. Neither you nor I have any way of knowing if any of those conditions apply here.
Watch the video. It sounds past tense.

USN Navy Retired...joined in 1977, retired in 1999. Retired Rank Commander (O-5), Naval Aviator.

Interesting, what year were you reborn gay?

@bodecea

I'm pretty sure he knows that.

@bodecea

Why? Is it verboten to ask people where and when they served on this board? My bad

So a school security guard overstepped his authority and turned away a man in uniform.

Should we fire him?

Yes we should. Morons should not be security guards!

These are strange, sad times we are living folks. :(

Well..until that crack, I was thinking you were really interested in her answer.

Well..until that crack, I was thinking you were really interested in her answer.

I think her answer is full of shit, between this and another thread, there is noway this person is a retired naval officer.

What's the rest of the story?

You sticking your thumb up your pathetic liberal ass.

No asshole. What is the full story? Who is the guard? What does he say about the matter? Is there any indication that liberals at the school have such a policy? Does the school have an ROTC program? Does the school invite military recruiters on campus several times per year like most high schools? Is this entire thing just a misunderstanding?

You fucking intellectual lightweights who think you have more respect for our military than liberals are a fucking blemish on society.

Your outrage is fake......just like your patriotism.

Let's face it; nothing you listed in any way should affect a final judgment of this matter without any more information.

A member of the US Army, indeed, an Army Officer, should ALWAYS, be given AT LEAST the same protections as any other U.S. Citizen wanting to visit his child's school in his work apparel.

And because his job entails keeping US safe from attack, the idea of barring someone in uniform of the nation's Army from visiting his child's school is more than bizarre.

It borders on the criminal, IMO.

Holy shit. Just stop. You're going to create a cat 5 "pandercane".

sock-puppet.jpeg

I think her answer is full of shit, between this and another thread, there is noway this person is a retired naval officer.

Explain.

So..you set her up? Tells more about you than it might about her. Shame on you.

No asshole. What is the full story? Who is the guard? What does he say about the matter? Is there any indication that liberals at the school have such a policy? Does the school have an ROTC program? Does the school invite military recruiters on campus several times per year like most high schools? Is this entire thing just a misunderstanding?

You fucking intellectual lightweights who think you have more respect for our military than liberals are a fucking blemish on society.

Your outrage is fake......just like your patriotism.

:thup:

Set her up? Ma'am I asked her questions about her opinions she gave answers that ANYONE who has served knows better than.

Until earlier today I thought she was misguided , but honest, her answers in this and another thread prove I was mistaken.

No Naval Officer in the history of the Navy would print/say/or imply something in conversation than when proven factually wrong refuse to simply say " I was wrong"

If pointing out that fact says more about me than her, than so be it.

It was not JUST the security guard. According to the news report, there are 4 people that turned him away.

I am wondering who they thought he would offend with the school uniform.

Either way, we know what types turned him away right?

No, we don't.

Unless you have bios on those people and know their party affiliation, you have not a fucking clue.

As usual.

Set her up? Ma'am I asked her questions about her opinions she gave answers that ANYONE who has served knows better than.

Until earlier today I thought she was misguided , but honest, her answers in this and another thread prove I was mistaken.

No Naval Officer in the history of the Navy would print/say/or imply something in conversation than when proven factually wrong refuse to simply say " I was wrong"

If pointing out that fact says more about me than her, than so be it.

You are being vague. Spit it out. What has she said EXACTLY that signals to you that she was not in the Navy?

Forum List

Back