Aroldis Chapman, 36 yrs old 15 years in the MLB and STILL hits 103 MPH!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
He's not the shutdown closer he used to be, but at 36 Chapman has perhaps the most amazing arm in MLB history. I can't think of another pitcher at his age who can still throw 103. Here he is striking out Shohei Ohtani.

He's not the shutdown closer he used to be, but at 36 Chapman has perhaps the most amazing arm in MLB history. I can't think of another pitcher at his age who can still throw 103. Here he is striking out Shohei Ohtani.

Wasn't he a Yankee?

Some guys are a lot like the Ever Ready Bunny as they just keep on going & going & going...

I can't remember the last time I saw so many people in the stands watching a Pirate game as last night, all the seats were full along both baselines until you got to the upper deck, and that looked about half full, they even showed Big Ben was in the stands watching (in a private box)

They got their money's worth, the Pirates were up 7-0 by the 2nd until Skenes gave up the 400 foot homer to dead center by Ohtani.

he had a no hitter going into the ninth inning against the w.sox and lost the game 1-0....
Pitching 9 innings and only giving up one run is pretty darn good

And to do it over an entire career is the reason Ryan is in the HOF

The thing that amazes me is that Chapman has not really done that well this year. As a set-up man, he has given away three or four games on his own. Apparently, hitting a 100+ fastball is not that difficult for an MLB hitter.

Forum List

Back