Arpaio GUILTY of targeting Latinos

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Arpaio Guilty as charged!

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was accused of targeting Latino drivers based on their race.

"Critics of Arpaio's immigration enforcement efforts, many of whom have for years accused the Sheriff's Office of discriminating against Latinos, said they felt vindicated by the ruling.

"It seems like what we have always known, that racial profiling was being done was brought out by Judge Snow, now I think we all need to look at the remedies," said Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox, a longtime critic of the sheriff's immigration policies.

"In my mind, people have been very abused in our communities," she said. We knew racial profiling was taking place and it was very hard to prove it.""

Excelente'! :clap2:

This is a big victory for Corporate America! Illegal Aliens are here to drive down wages so they should never be messed with!

In LA when admin wants to give a patrol cop a hard time the cop is transferred to south central or Boyle Heights then charged with giving tickets to blacks or latinos disproportionately.

Arpaio Guilty as charged!

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was accused of targeting Latino drivers based on their race.

"Critics of Arpaio's immigration enforcement efforts, many of whom have for years accused the Sheriff's Office of discriminating against Latinos, said they felt vindicated by the ruling.

"It seems like what we have always known, that racial profiling was being done was brought out by Judge Snow, now I think we all need to look at the remedies," said Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox, a longtime critic of the sheriff's immigration policies.

"In my mind, people have been very abused in our communities," she said. We knew racial profiling was taking place and it was very hard to prove it.""

Guilty?

Where's the verdict? An accusation is not guilt, it's an accusation.

That said, it does look like he was incorrect and in violation of the law he supported.

OMG someone is doing their job

color me shocked.

Are you saying it's OK for a Republican Sheriff to target a group of Americans that vote for Democrats 71% of the time?

Hey idiot..

ALL SHERIFFS SHOULD BE DOING THEIR JOBS AND ENFORCING THE LAW.

You bed wetters were delighted that Arizona was blocked from enforcing federal immigration law, how about the states stop enforcing federal gun laws hmmm?

OMG someone is doing their job

color me shocked.

Are you saying it's OK for a Republican Sheriff to target a group of Americans that vote for Democrats 71% of the time?

No, it's ok for a Republican Sheriff to target illegals and send them back..Since they are not legal in the first place, they can't vote.

The problem is that they are harassing legal Hispanics in droves, hence the class action suit.

No, it's ok for a Republican Sheriff to target illegals and send them back..Since they are not legal in the first place, they can't vote.

The problem is that they are harassing legal Hispanics in droves, hence the class action suit.

Define "droves." I don't support profiling, and this law was supposed to not be an excuse for that. But define "droves."

Phoenix latinos vote Democratic 71% of the time?

Where did you get that?

Illegals vote in Arizona?

There are more than a million legal Hispanic citizens living in Maricopa county.

Seems to me that since the Sheriff Office is an elected office in Arizona and that Sheriff Joe has been re-elected numerous times and that he has not changed positions from day one that a majority those who vote in Maricopa County have liked how he has been doing business.

Forum List

Back