Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
In order for Canada to join the U.S. Mexico deal they would need to:
  • (1) eliminate soft-wood subsidies in the lumber sector;
  • (2) eliminate protectionist tariffs in the AG (Dairy) sector;
  • (3) accept the 75% rules of origin, eliminating the NAFTA loophole;
  • (4) agree to the enforcement mechanisms for all the above;
  • (5) allow U.S. banks to operate in Canada (financial sector).
Each of these five issues, now locked-in and agreed by the U.S. and Mexico are “take-it-or-leave-it” terms for Canada to join. There’s almost no-way, given the politicization of the Canadian plan, for Justin and Chrystia to agree to those terms and keep their fragmented political support base appeased.

Therefore, absent total acquiescence, it is likely Canada will keep their soft-wood lumber subsidies, keep their protectionist Dairy tariffs, keep their banking rules blocking U.S. access, and face a 25% duty on U.S. auto imports – effectively destroying their auto manufacturing sector. Car companies (ex. Toyota) will simply leave Canada and return to building/assembling in the U.S.

Justin from Canada Painted His Country Into a Lose/Lose Trade Corner – More Details of U.S-Mexico Deal…

Still not tired. MAGA.

Someday Trump and his idiot supporters may learn that inflicting pain on others doesn’t mean that you win.
Sobbing for Canada who used free will to not be part of the diplomatic negotiations with America and Mexico, how Leftard of you.

Not sobbing for Canada…sobbing for how little you understand but I do enjoy watching you flail stupidly every day. Goods the US imports from Canada will be more expensive for no other reason than we chose to make them more expensive. The “pain” we’re trying to inflict is both unnecessary and void of any domestic utility. Injuring foreigners does nothing to enrich natives. I’m sure you don’t understand.

Each of these five issues, now locked-in and agreed by the U.S. and Mexico are “take-it-or-leave-it” terms for Canada to join. There’s almost no-way, given the politicization of the Canadian plan, for Justin and Chrystia to agree to those terms and keep their fragmented political support base appeased.

Therefore, absent total acquiescence, it is likely Canada will keep their soft-wood lumber subsidies, keep their protectionist Dairy tariffs, keep their banking rules blocking U.S. access, and face a 25% duty on U.S. auto imports – effectively destroying their auto manufacturing sector. Car companies (ex. Toyota) will simply leave Canada and return to building/assembling in the U.S.

Justin from Canada Painted His Country Into a Lose/Lose Trade Corner – More Details of U.S-Mexico Deal…

Still not tired. MAGA.

I think Canada will very reluctantly bend on supply management some, we did so for TPP. They will not agree to everything. If Trump is serious on a BIG win, meaning two bilateral deals, he just has to wind down the clock and go forward as promised yesterday. At the 11th hour Canada will agree to everything and/or complain to the WTO, which will do nothing as the U.S will sign a deal with Mexico and not have NAFTA. It's within his purview to do this, Canada will lobby politicians hard so take note who is NOT pro-American during this time.

I warned Canada for over a decade about abuses in U.S corporations. Including offensive tactics that would floor you guys, and literally could place American lives in danger based on the spreading of hatred against America. This wasn't childs play, this was a serious attempt to potential harm Americans.

I believe Trump and his team have listened to voices. There was a broad campaign of asking for feedback by companies, and MANY U.S companies came out, identified themselves and spoke of abuses within NAFTA, it's all on video on youtube. I watched about 12 hour of this if I'm not mistaken. EVerything from farmer to the NFL getting unfair censoring of commercials during the Super Bowl.

Canada knows, as I know, that no NAFTA means the loss of 100's of thousands of jobs. Many in the white colar corporate word which we love to operate covertly in. The ball is entirely in Trumps hands, he just has to follow through now, the hard part is over, getting deal with Mexico. Now, he can simply operate on two bilateral deals if he chooses and enjoy MUCH better terms for America and her workers. Including in the realm of Intellectual Property theft.

Someday Trump and his idiot supporters may learn that inflicting pain on others doesn’t mean that you win.

According to the CNN/MSNBC media the deal TRUMP made with Mexico was Canada's plan. They said Canada chose to step back from negotiations so the US could work things out with Mexico.
They also said TRUMP's deal with Mexico is dependent on Canada coming on board...

:auiqs.jpg: They still haven't figured out NAFTA is dead and TRUMP is negotiating separate bilateral deals with Mexico and Canada.

Still not tired. MAGA.

Except that Mexico has stated they will not do tweak to NAFTA without Canada onboard.

Also, if Canada lifts their tariffs on dairy products does that mean we will stop subsiding our dairy farmers to the tune of 70% of their income?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Still not tired. MAGA.

Except that Mexico has stated they will not do tweak to NAFTA without Canada onboard.

Also, if Canada lifts their tariffs on dairy products does that mean we will stop subsiding our dairy farmers to the tune of 70% of their income?

No and no.

MAGA!

Sobbing for Canada who used free will to not be part of the diplomatic negotiations with America and Mexico, how Leftard of you.

Not sobbing for Canada…sobbing for how little you understand but I do enjoy watching you flail stupidly every day. Goods the US imports from Canada will be more expensive for no other reason than we chose to make them more expensive. The “pain” we’re trying to inflict is both unnecessary and void of any domestic utility. Injuring foreigners does nothing to enrich natives. I’m sure you don’t understand.
We don’t need Canada.

Still not tired. MAGA.
I think Michael Cohen is re-writing that book......art of the deal

We don’t need Canada.

Again…your idiocy is on full display. Congrats.

We don’t need Canada.

Tell us, abortion barbie, why we need Canada?

Still not tired. MAGA.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what is going on with TRUMP's trade deals. It's not surprising since the fake news has been so distracted with Russia, Stormy/Avenatti, Manafort and Cohen that few know what TRUMP is doing.

Still not tired. MAGA.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what is going on with TRUMP's trade deals. It's not surprising since the fake news has been so distracted with Russia, Stormy/Avenatti, Manafort and Cohen that few know what TRUMP is doing.
They don't care. They only want to hurt this country.

We don’t need Canada.

98% of Canada lives on our border because they want to be Americans

We don’t need Canada.

98% of Canada lives on our border because they want to be Americans
:icon_rolleyes:

In the minds of some, whatever Trump does can’t be good. It must be dumb and horrible.

Funny...when BO was POTUS, some Americans thought the same way about him.

I wonder why these Americans can’t see the game being played on them.

In the minds of some, whatever Trump does can’t be good. It must be dumb and horrible.

Funny...when BO was POTUS, some Americans thought the same way about him.

I wonder why these Americans can’t see the game being played on them.
Name one thing you think I should be grateful for Obama’s doing that I condemned.

Forum List

Back