Art of the Deal: So Much Winning Edition

QUOTE="candycorn, post: 20672286, member: 20614"]
Perhaps I missed it. Where was the part about the American Auto industry hiring more workers? All I saw in reference to that was that the wages must be $16 an hour; not what nation they are going to be in. Seems like this would raise the price of cars.
you know, i thought people were against sweatshops?
I am.

I guess you’re for em.
Well, you’re known to all as a fucking idiot so you guessed wrong.

Is there anything that brings the automobile manufacturing jobs back to the US in this agreement?[/QUOTE]
sure there is. it's called percentages.

It's also about the steel business and many other parts manufacturing jobs. Like engines and transmissions and all that kind of neat stuff.

In order for Canada to join the U.S. Mexico deal they would need to:
  • (1) eliminate soft-wood subsidies in the lumber sector;
  • (2) eliminate protectionist tariffs in the AG (Dairy) sector;
  • (3) accept the 75% rules of origin, eliminating the NAFTA loophole;
  • (4) agree to the enforcement mechanisms for all the above;
  • (5) allow U.S. banks to operate in Canada (financial sector).
Each of these five issues, now locked-in and agreed by the U.S. and Mexico are “take-it-or-leave-it” terms for Canada to join. There’s almost no-way, given the politicization of the Canadian plan, for Justin and Chrystia to agree to those terms and keep their fragmented political support base appeased.

Therefore, absent total acquiescence, it is likely Canada will keep their soft-wood lumber subsidies, keep their protectionist Dairy tariffs, keep their banking rules blocking U.S. access, and face a 25% duty on U.S. auto imports – effectively destroying their auto manufacturing sector. Car companies (ex. Toyota) will simply leave Canada and return to building/assembling in the U.S.

Justin from Canada Painted His Country Into a Lose/Lose Trade Corner – More Details of U.S-Mexico Deal…

Still not tired. MAGA.
You left out that many US car companies have manufacturing plants in Canada that do not make cars. The make the parts for them. engines, seats, e,t,c. These will hurt more when they leave the Nation. Canada is a Progressive Nation in any way you look at them. I will say they love Fla in Dec to March.

Is there anything that brings the automobile manufacturing jobs back to the US in this agreement?
[/quote]

:link::link::link::link:

It's also about the steel business and many other parts manufacturing jobs. Like engines and transmissions and all that kind of neat stuff.[/QUOTE]

I did see where it says that now 75% of a car must be made in North America so that means that the engines and transmissions and all that kind of neat stuff can be made in the Yucatan or the Yukon.

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 2.18.20 PM.png

Whoa…12.5% increase. Better than nothing I guess but nothing seems to indicate that it means more US jobs.

I thought Trump was supposed to be some sort of good negotiator. I guess that only applies to paying off whores he banged
:dunno::dunno:

Is there anything that brings the automobile manufacturing jobs back to the US in this agreement?

:link::link::link::link:

It's also about the steel business and many other parts manufacturing jobs. Like engines and transmissions and all that kind of neat stuff.[/QUOTE]

I did see where it says that now 75% of a car must be made in North America so that means that the engines and transmissions and all that kind of neat stuff can be made in the Yucatan or the Yukon.

View attachment 213448

Whoa…12.5% increase. Better than nothing I guess but nothing seems to indicate that it means more US jobs.

I thought Trump was supposed to be some sort of good negotiator. I guess that only applies to paying off whores he banged
:dunno::dunno:[/QUOTE]
so increases in percentages isn't about jobs? ok francis.

Someday Trump and his idiot supporters may learn that inflicting pain on others doesn’t mean that you win.
Winning for the Trumpist is a very, very, very, very low bar.
Hilarious how you Leftards get so pissy whenever America succeeds.
Notice how a frame work for a deal is considered a deal by the likes of you idiots! No deal just a framework! Hand him the nobel just like his deal with Korea! You coun t your chickens before they hatch big time!

Someday Trump and his idiot supporters may learn that inflicting pain on others doesn’t mean that you win.
Notice how a frame work for a deal is considered a deal by the likes of you idiots! No deal just a framework! Hand him the nobel just like his deal with Korea! You coun t your chickens before they hatch big time!
it's still a deal right?

it's still a deal right?

So was NAFTA. This seems a lot like NAFTA

it's still a deal right?

So was NAFTA. This seems a lot like NAFTA
and what?

it's still a deal right?
Not till it is binding, then it is a deal!

it's still a deal right?
it's still a deal. people agree on the deal. it's a deal.

it's still a deal right?
it can all piss backward at this point noting is binding, it is not a deal!

it's still a deal right?
you'r right, nothing is binding, but it's a deal that is on the table. it's what it's called.

it's still a deal right?
Hilarious how the Leftards are so pissy because America is succeeding.

Forum List

Back