Art of the Deal: So Much Winning Edition

Imagine that, an American president actually negotiating on behalf of American workers. Do you see the contrast between president Trump and these other presidents who were bought and owned by special interests?

In order for Canada to join the U.S. Mexico deal they would need to:
  • (1) eliminate soft-wood subsidies in the lumber sector;
  • (2) eliminate protectionist tariffs in the AG (Dairy) sector;
  • (3) accept the 75% rules of origin, eliminating the NAFTA loophole;
  • (4) agree to the enforcement mechanisms for all the above;
  • (5) allow U.S. banks to operate in Canada (financial sector).
Each of these five issues, now locked-in and agreed by the U.S. and Mexico are “take-it-or-leave-it” terms for Canada to join. There’s almost no-way, given the politicization of the Canadian plan, for Justin and Chrystia to agree to those terms and keep their fragmented political support base appeased.

Therefore, absent total acquiescence, it is likely Canada will keep their soft-wood lumber subsidies, keep their protectionist Dairy tariffs, keep their banking rules blocking U.S. access, and face a 25% duty on U.S. auto imports – effectively destroying their auto manufacturing sector. Car companies (ex. Toyota) will simply leave Canada and return to building/assembling in the U.S.

Justin from Canada Painted His Country Into a Lose/Lose Trade Corner – More Details of U.S-Mexico Deal…

Still not tired. MAGA.

Except that Mexico has stated they will not do tweak to NAFTA without Canada onboard.

Also, if Canada lifts their tariffs on dairy products does that mean we will stop subsiding our dairy farmers to the tune of 70% of their income?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
No and no.

MAGA!

So why would Canada lift their protective tariffs if we will not end our protective subsidies

And yes, Mexico will not go it alone without Canada

In the minds of some, whatever Trump does can’t be good. It must be dumb and horrible.

Funny...when BO was POTUS, some Americans thought the same way about him.

I wonder why these Americans can’t see the game being played on them.
Name one thing you think I should be grateful for Obama’s doing that I condemned.
Having the most transparent administration since Idi Amin?

Each of these five issues, now locked-in and agreed by the U.S. and Mexico are “take-it-or-leave-it” terms for Canada to join. There’s almost no-way, given the politicization of the Canadian plan, for Justin and Chrystia to agree to those terms and keep their fragmented political support base appeased.

Therefore, absent total acquiescence, it is likely Canada will keep their soft-wood lumber subsidies, keep their protectionist Dairy tariffs, keep their banking rules blocking U.S. access, and face a 25% duty on U.S. auto imports – effectively destroying their auto manufacturing sector. Car companies (ex. Toyota) will simply leave Canada and return to building/assembling in the U.S.

Justin from Canada Painted His Country Into a Lose/Lose Trade Corner – More Details of U.S-Mexico Deal…

Still not tired. MAGA.

Except that Mexico has stated they will not do tweak to NAFTA without Canada onboard.

Also, if Canada lifts their tariffs on dairy products does that mean we will stop subsiding our dairy farmers to the tune of 70% of their income?

You don't seem to have an understanding of what is going on with TRUMP's trade deals. It's not surprising since the fake news has been so distracted with Russia, Stormy/Avenatti, Manafort and Cohen that few know what TRUMP is doing.

It is you that lacks any basic understanding economic issues including trade deals.

This tweak to NAFTA is a good thing if it happens, but to call it a new deal is like putting new tires on a car and saying it is a new car

Winning for the Trumpist is a very, very, very, very low bar.

Considering the fact Americans companies lose $4.7 billion to Canadian Subsidized Softwood Lumber annually, it really depends on where you want to set the low bar.

In the minds of some, whatever Trump does can’t be good. It must be dumb and horrible.

Funny...when BO was POTUS, some Americans thought the same way about him.

I wonder why these Americans can’t see the game being played on them.
Name one thing you think I should be grateful for Obama’s doing that I condemned.
My post was not aimed at you. Just an opinion I hold.

Still not tired. MAGA.

No and no.

MAGA!

So why would Canada lift their protective tariffs if we will not end our protective subsidies

“If for any reason the government of Canada and the United States do not reach an agreement, we already know that there will still be a deal between Mexico and the United States.”

~ Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray (link)

Still not tired. MAGA.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what is going on with TRUMP's trade deals. It's not surprising since the fake news has been so distracted with Russia, Stormy/Avenatti, Manafort and Cohen that few know what TRUMP is doing.

It is you that lacks any basic understanding economic issues including trade deals.

This tweak to NAFTA is a good thing if it happens, but to call it a new deal is like putting new tires on a car and saying it is a new car

Call it whatever you want the fact is Obama had 8 years and was to incompetent to accomplish what TRUMP has accomplished in less than 2 years.

Still not tired. MAGA.

No and no.

MAGA!

“If for any reason the government of Canada and the United States do not reach an agreement, we already know that there will still be a deal between Mexico and the United States.”

And there president elect said that this is just the first step and he wants Canada in any final agreement.

Also, will Congress approve the deal if it leaves out the biggest trading partner for 72% of the states?

Still not tired. MAGA.

No and no.

MAGA!

And there president elect said that this is just the first step and he wants Canada in any final agreement.

Also, will Congress approve the deal if it leaves out the biggest trading partner for 72% of the states?

Canada can join the deal, why do you think our congress has a right to force Canada to do anything?

Still not tired. MAGA.

The above moron gets ALL his "facts" from...........lol

The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse)

right061.png
RIGHT BIAS

Someday Trump and his idiot supporters may learn that inflicting pain on others doesn’t mean that you win.
Winning for the Trumpist is a very, very, very, very low bar.
how you figure that? give an example of being a low bar.

The trump myth that tariffs on Mexican products means Mexico is paying for the border wall for starters.
That somehow ripping kids away from their parents means you’re being “strong” when in reality, you’re just being cruel.

Someday Trump and his idiot supporters may learn that inflicting pain on others doesn’t mean that you win.
what's your pain?

side hurts…it’s from laughing at you guys.
so you can't answer, go figure.

Looks like I did answer. You responded to the answer. Perhaps you don’t know what the definition of an answer is or the context of what you originally replied to (I was talking about our trading partners dumbass).
Go figure.

No and no.

MAGA!

Canada can join the deal, why do you think our congress has a right to force Canada to do anything?

Our congress would not be forcing anyone to do anything. If Trump submits a trade agreement that leaves out the biggest trading partner for 72% of the states, will congress approve it? Seems unlikely

Forum List

Back