As Biden threatens to increase inflation, what changes have you made?

To me necessary means you have $7 less to spend on eggs in your bank account this month because you spent $20 more on electricity of gas or whatever. You are free to do as you like with your planning, but it sounds like you really could splurge on at least a drive to see to the fall foliage in WV or PA if you decided to.

One of the great things about being in a gene pool where very few people live to be in the upper 80's is I don't have to plan for that long LOL.
My parents and their siblings all lived into mid-90s, and later. Uncle died a few months ago at 98. I need to plan for a LONG old age.

Anybody who says "none" is either lying or stupid, no third option

Why? We have not made any specific changes due to it.

There is not one thing we used to do that we are not now. There is not one thing we have said "well, can't do that due to inflation"

We made more changes to save a bit extra for when we move in our new house than we did for inflation.

The biggest thing inflation has cost us is an extra percent on my mortgage as we could just now lock it in

Trump opened the floodgates for hatred, racism, homophobia, sexism. No thank you.
/--------/ You seem confused. Your side promotes this.
1658933000852.png

1658933069793.png

1658933283477.png

I do not have any babies, but I know the shelves are full last time I was in the grocery store.

I am not going to whine about 3.50 gas.
Did you whine about $5.00 gas, because once Biden empties are reserves for China, guess what is going right back up after the midterms?

Inflation at almost 9% now. You had better start whining before they think 20% inflation is ok for us to bear too...

Why? We have not made any specific changes due to it.

There is not one thing we used to do that we are not now. There is not one thing we have said "well, can't do that due to inflation"

We made more changes to save a bit extra for when we move in our new house than we did for inflation.

The biggest thing inflation has cost us is an extra percent on my mortgage as we could just now lock it in
For how long? 30 years? lol... My daughter dodged that bullet by buying with a really low fixed rate under Trump. Biden can't screw her on that front...

Did you whine about $5.00 gas, because once Biden empties are reserves for China, guess what is going right back up after the midterms?

Inflation at almost 9% now. You had better start whining before they think 20% inflation is ok for us to bear too...

It never hit 5 bucks here. Biden is not emptying the SPR, quit with the hyperbole, it just makes you look silly.

Inflation is slowing down, the rate hikes are starting to do what they are designed to do.

For how long? 30 years? lol... My daughter dodged that bullet by buying with a really low fixed rate under Trump. Biden can't screw her on that front...

Till whenever they come down again. Won't be that long till they do. We started a new construction on March. Will be ready in Oct, so we could just now lock in a rate. Not the end of the world, we put down 20% and have excellent credit scores.

Many Americans have postponed retirement…millions more have been forced to take a second job

I heard today on average Americans are spending $500 more a month on basic needs then they did a year ago

Now that’s not a big deal to the Nancy P’s of the world…but means a lot to the working class

It never hit 5 bucks here. Biden is not emptying the SPR, quit with the hyperbole, it just makes you look silly.

Inflation is slowing down, the rate hikes are starting to do what they are designed to do.
:eusa_doh:so much bullshit to correct, so little time...

Department of Energy
DOE Issues Fifth Emergency Notice of Sale of Crude Oil From the Strategic Petroleum Reserve July 26, 2022

and:

CPI Inflation Highest Since 1981
Components of the report seemed to show that high inflation is becoming embedded in the U.S. economy. Food prices rose 1.0% month over month and 10.4% compared with a year ago. Energy prices were up 7.5% on a monthly basis and are up 41.6% over the past 12 months.

You trying to convince people that we are better off now than we were with Trump simply isn't going to work when faced with reality...

You are not wrong about the band circuit. A friend of mine is a bass player on a local band and they have more offers than they can do.

They are opening for The Calling in the fall. I was shocked to find out The Calling was still doing tours.
Thats awesome. Yeah we have been right out straight since Covid pretty much ended. Live music is something people can’t live without, it seems.

Did you know you can make baby formula?
Thats what people did before there was such a thing.
Follow me for more life tips.
I have tits. I don't need your tips. Save them for Buttigieg. He needs formula. Remember when we didn't have to resort to the 1800's to feed our babies under Trump. We could just go buy it.
I could spend 5 hours making Croissants for breakfast too, but...

Last edited:
:eusa_doh:so much bullshit to correct, so little time...

Department of Energy
DOE Issues Fifth Emergency Notice of Sale of Crude Oil From the Strategic Petroleum Reserve July 26, 2022

And it still will not be close to being empty. Even with this new sale they still have not even touched 20% of the SPR.

Again, hyperbole just makes you look silly.

CPI Inflation Highest Since 1981
Components of the report seemed to show that high inflation is becoming embedded in the U.S. economy. Food prices rose 1.0% month over month and 10.4% compared with a year ago. Energy prices were up 7.5% on a monthly basis and are up 41.6% over the past 12 months.

Yep. lets see where it is next month with gas prices having dropped the last 40 days.

Because he's not done yet...

I doubt there will be another round after this one.

Look, I am against him doing this. The point of the SPR is not to bring down prices so people will quit whining. This is just one more of his really bad decisions.

But to pretend it is going to be empty just makes you look silly

Forum List

Back