As sinful as I am, why aren't I

What a disgusting quote, Hollie. It would be the equivalent of someone shoving you out of the path of a speeding car, then you going over to that dying person, bleeding out on the road, and riddling the person that saved you with bullets.

I am quite sure that you have sinned enough already to warrant the cross. Only an ingrate would try to keep Christ on that cross for as long as he possibly could.

This is earth. The rain falls. What you have is a Father that loves you enough to die for your sins, making you eligible for an eternal life with no sickness, no pain.
Pat Robertson isn't dead yet. Stop promoting yourself for his job.

I don't think any of us would want to trade places with Pat Robertson. For someone who wants to be scientifically accurate, you surely pick to use the strawman arguments because Pat Robertson does not represent people like myself who don't want to watch him. I've never given him any money. I've never promoted Pat Robertson and Pat Robertson would never make it on my list of sound Bible teachers. To use Robertson to represent me is dishonesty on your part.

To most of the country, Pat Robertson is the face of Christianity. That happened because the Christians who care more about behaving as Jesus taught than they do about politics allowed it to happen. It's past time that we demand that so called conservative Christians quit bastardizing the name for political purposes.

Please provide evidence that most of the country sees pat Robertson as the face of Christianity?

I know many Christians from many denominations. I don't know a single person that holds him up as the face of Christianity.

So why do you feel the need to perpetuate a stereotype which you know clearly isn't true?

What a disgusting quote, Hollie. It would be the equivalent of someone shoving you out of the path of a speeding car, then you going over to that dying person, bleeding out on the road, and riddling the person that saved you with bullets.

I am quite sure that you have sinned enough already to warrant the cross. Only an ingrate would try to keep Christ on that cross for as long as he possibly could.

This is earth. The rain falls. What you have is a Father that loves you enough to die for your sins, making you eligible for an eternal life with no sickness, no pain.
Pat Robertson isn't dead yet. Stop promoting yourself for his job.

I don't think any of us would want to trade places with Pat Robertson. For someone who wants to be scientifically accurate, you surely pick to use the strawman arguments because Pat Robertson does not represent people like myself who don't want to watch him. I've never given him any money. I've never promoted Pat Robertson and Pat Robertson would never make it on my list of sound Bible teachers. To use Robertson to represent me is dishonesty on your part.

To most of the country, Pat Robertson is the face of Christianity. That happened because the Christians who care more about behaving as Jesus taught than they do about politics allowed it to happen. It's past time that we demand that so called conservative Christians quit bastardizing the name for political purposes.

Please provide evidence that most of the country sees pat Robertson as the face of Christianity?

I know many Christians from many denominations. I don't know a single person that holds him up as the face of Christianity.

So why do you feel the need to perpetuate a stereotype which you know clearly isn't true?

Me! Me! Me! Call on Me!

Could it be because Pat is a multimillionaire, grown rich by selling Christianity? (You have heard of CBN, right?).

Pat Robertson - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I predict war, and rumors of war, and pestilence and famine, and death.

Please send your money to P.O. Box 284, Dogtrot Missouri. In return, I will touch the camera lense, and your sense of smell will be returned to you!

Why did you cherry pick a few, to make them seem mundane? List all of the predictions. Then when you see all of them happening at the same time, look up.

Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door

Let's start with a few that can't be linked to any other time but now:
Increase in knowledge - Until 200 years ago knowledge doubled once a century.
Now it doubles once a year and as technology improves it is expected to double every 12 hours.

People hurrying to and fro. A horse can hurry for about 3 minutes. My great grandmother was born in the horse and buggy era. In just her lifetime she went from seeing a man putting a saddle on a horse to a man walking on the moon.

The gospel preached in every corner of the world. That was only able to be accomplished with the advent of the satellite.

There are just a couple of examples that narrow your 5 down to a specific time frame. Go ahead and list the rest of them and we'll see if there is a time frame where they are all relevant.
Until a few hundred years ago, knowledge and exploration was squashed by the church. The Dark Ages lasted as long as they did because the church ruthlessly suppressed the advancement of exploration regarding the natural world.

The dark ages came from the fall of the Roman empire and the great apostasy. It was the church, in the form that w was left, that preserved knowledge of the classic age.

In fact it was the Irish monks converted shortly before rome fell that led the reeducation and stabilisation of europe
In fact, you're an apologist who had no issue with re-writing history to minimize the damage done to knowledge and exploration by the church. The Dark Ages is characterized by the suppression of exploration by the church and the ruthless oppression of the fledgling science of astronomy.

It was science which moved mankind forward. It was the church that tried to prevent that. The essence of belief as put forth by the church was to not question their authority. It wasn't prayers or miracles that helped mankind explore the natural world and so increase our knowledge of the solar system. It was human curiosity and ability to solve mysteries of nature; mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, psychology and many other areas of science.

No, I'm just a student of history who doesn't like people ignoring reality for propaganda.

No, I'm just a student of history who doesn't like people ignoring reality for propaganda.
Actually, you're a student of a version of history you skew and reinvent to placate your beliefs. You really should try and be honest with yourself and others about some of the best minds who were hounded relentlessly by the church for challenging such notions as heliocentrism. It's a simple matter to do a bit of research to find a roll call of men who were attempting to energize a young science and who were a direct threat to the church and its Medieval doctrines.

Not that you should explore that yourself. Ignorance is bliss.

As sinful as I am, why aren't I sick more often?
As sinful as I am, why aren't I hurt more often?

Everyone has it backwards. We think that God shouldn't allow it.
No we don't. Some of us don't go through life with our head up our ass and make shit up so we can excuse bad behavior.

Actually, you're a student of a version of history you skew and reinvent to placate your beliefs. You really should try and be honest with yourself and others about some of the best minds who were hounded relentlessly by the church for challenging such notions as heliocentrism. It's a simple matter to do a bit of research to find a roll call of men who were attempting to energize a young science and who were a direct threat to the church and its Medieval doctrines.

Not that you should explore that yourself. Ignorance is bliss.

Maybe you should study more.

Forum List

Back