Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

But it’s a great indicator as to who is likely to remain with the program, or who flunk out in the first year. Big waste of money (and lost opportunity cost to the person rejected) to admit people whose grades and scores show they are less likely to make it to their sophomore year.

Why are you worried? It's not like anyone in your life (or any of the other wingnuts) is going to get into an elite school.

Good point. Given how Harvard has turned into a liberal indoctrination camp, he’d be better off elsewhere.
Well this is where your racism becomes apparent despite your sarcasm. It's okay if Black students go to a lesser school, they'll be fine, yet you act like a white or Asian kid not getting into the Ivy league school of their choice is a crime against humanity.

Last edited:
BECAUSE it is coming at the cost to a white student who loses out on a fine opportunity - and all because he was the “wrong” color - even though he was the superior
But he isn’t the “superior student” if he is lacking in the other categories they look for.

And they are NOT all “highly qualified.” Those admitted under the lower standards for blacks often fall behind their better classmates, and the schools invest a lot in tutoring to get them through the program.
Yes they are or they wouldn’t be considered in the first place. These are not going to be B or C students.

Also, what is WRONG with needing extra help? It is not unique to Black students. When Texas changed it’s admissions policy to automatically accepting the top percent of every highschool, those that came from underperforming schools did struggle in their first year, but they found if they provided the extra help in the beginning the students quickly caught up to their peers and did fine.

Soooo, two.

That is called an epic fail.

You went to CalTech and cannot even count to 3?

1686738816532.png

But he isn’t the “superior student” if he is lacking in the other categories they look for.
And one of those other categories is “being black.” The SCOTUS is about to rule that out. So yes, a white kid with a 4.0 average and a 1560 SAT is a superior student to a black kid with a 3.6 average and a 1410 SAT.
Yes they are or they wouldn’t be considered in the first place. These are not going to be B or C students.

What do you know about it? These students definitely get Bs and Cs, and it takes a lot of tutoring to help them keep up with the class.
Also, what is WRONG with needing extra help? It is not unique to Black students. When Texas changed it’s admissions policy to automatically accepting the top percent of every highschool, those that came from underperforming schools did struggle in their first year, but they found if they provided the extra help in the beginning the students quickly caught up to their peers and did fine.

Because of the inherent racism in rejecting a superior white student in order to give a place to an (academically) inferior black student who will need tutoring to keep up. It is racist against the white student.

Because I worked in admissions, you racist POS. Two out of every three blacks in their prestigious college would NOT have gotten in if white.

And yet, your are fine with admissions policies that disfavor whites and Asians and give racial preferences to blacks. That makes YOU the racist.

Could anyone imagine working in an admissions office with Lisa, listening to her racist rants about which students got in?
If I actually thought there was a Hell, that's what it would be like.

And one of those other categories is “being black.” The SCOTUS is about to rule that out. So yes, a white kid with a 4.0 average and a 1560 SAT is a superior student to a black kid with a 3.6 average and a 1410 SAT.

What do you know about it? These students definitely get Bs and Cs, and it takes a lot of tutoring to help them keep up with the class.

Because of the inherent racism in rejecting a superior white student in order to give a place to an (academically) inferior black student who will need tutoring to keep up. It is racist against the white student.
No Lisa. That's not what racism is. 😄

But Congress should act and stop ALL of the affirmative action insanity. There are laws in place to deal with reported cases in which any person is deliberately denied opportunity to be the best he/she can be. But in a more perfect world, those who most qualify for top colleges, jobs, appointments etc. should get in ahead of everybody else. Anything else forces us into mediocrity.

Okay.

As long as we also get rid of the insanity of white privilege as well. No more hiring your drinking buddy, the lady you are sleeping with on the side, or your idiot nephew. Nope, you will have to be able to show that you hired the most qualified candidate, period, and be able to show your work.

Now, here's the reality. Two of the last three jobs I got, not because I had the most impressive resume (although my resumes are very well written, it's almost like l do that as a side business) or was probably even the most qualified. I got them because people who already worked there knew me and recommended me. (One of them I wish they hadn't, because it was a toxic work environment.) So until you can eliminate all unfairness in the process, you should probably tolerate Affirmative Action so everyone gets at least something of a shot.

Correct. Because that gives them wiggle room.

Doesn't make their education better, in fact, evidence shows their degree programs are falling.
Not at all.

You think success begins and ends with GPA and test scores. Universities also have broader missions and often also serve specific communities or seek students who want to make a difference in certain areas. That potential is not reflected in test scores.

I’ve mentioned before problems in areas such as the medical field. There are large underserved communities with big healthcare disparities because hospitals and clinics have left, or the population distrusts doctors or doctors can’t relate to them on a cultural level. When they look at their pool of students they might look to see who comes from certain areas, such as rural (which has seen a huge loss in medical care), and in the essay and interview gauge their desire to return and work in their communities. It can be other communities with health and access disparities such as immigrant, ethnic or racial. That would be part of the metric they used.

Do they want someone who is going to specialize in cancer research or someone who is going to open a primary care clinic on the Navajo reservation? Both are EQUALLY good choices even if the academic metrics aren’t totally equal because it isn’t tbe only important metric.

SCOTUS can not Constitutionally force a university to accept students on grades/test scores alone.

Show me the data where Harvard accepts C students.

None of these elite universities has ever accepted students based on gpa/test scores only.

Not at all.

You think success begins and ends with GPA and test scores. Universities also have broader missions and often also serve specific communities or seek students who want to make a difference in certain areas. That potential is not reflected in test scores.

I’ve mentioned before problems in areas such as the medical field. There are large underserved communities with big healthcare disparities because hospitals and clinics have left, or the population distrusts doctors or doctors can’t relate to them on a cultural level. When they look at their pool of students they might look to see who comes from certain areas, such as rural (which has seen a huge loss in medical care), and in the essay and interview gauge their desire to return and work in their communities. It can be other communities with health and access disparities such as immigrant, ethnic or racial. That would be part of the metric they used.

Do they want someone who is going to specialize in cancer research or someone who is going to open a primary care clinic on the Navajo reservation? Both are EQUALLY good choices even if the academic metrics aren’t totally equal because it isn’t tbe only important metric.
What’s to stop a person applying to med school from CLAIMING he plans to serve in an underserved area in order to get in with lower scores and grades, and then “change his mind” upon graduation.

And we are not talking about “”not totally equal.” We are talking about how blacks with a 3.4 have a 50% chance of getting in to med school and whites have less than a 10% chance. And a GPA that virtually GUARANTEES a black will get into med school, like a 3.6- 3.7, still has half of whites rejected.

What’s to stop a person applying to med school from CLAIMING he plans to serve in an underserved area in order to get in with lower scores and grades, and then “change his mind” upon graduation.

Not a thing. What's your point? Of course, you could make that a condition of his scholarship or something of that nature, but it's more likely that if you take someone from that community, they'll want to serve that community, thus why AA is a good idea.

And we are not talking about “”not totally equal.” We are talking about how blacks with a 3.4 have a 50% chance of getting in to med school and whites have less than a 10% chance. And a GPA that virtually GUARANTEES a black will get into med school, like a 3.6- 3.7, still has half of whites rejected.

So what? A .2 GPA difference isn't really that much.

Final note, Lisa.

you get on here and complain every day about those evil blacks who have kids out of wedlock and drop out of school being the root of all evil.

but when a kid doesn't do that, and does all the things you say are virtues, you'd still want to reject him in favor of a white kid on a legacy, because that makes good economic sense to a university.

SCOTUS can not Constitutionally force a university to accept students on grades/test scores alone.
No, but they can force them to exclude race as a factor, or, as is happening, coming up with subjective tests upon which they score blacks higher to attain their racial objectives.
Show me the data where Harvard accepts C students.
I didn’t say they accept C students. I said that the less academically successful often struggle once in Harvard, and in competition with the better students. They need a lot of tutoring and do get Cs.
None of these elite universities has ever accepted students based on gpa/test scores only.
Nobody ever said the admissions decision should be based on GPA and scores alone. Other things can be considered to “break the tie” such as volunteer activities and “first in family” status. What CANNOT be used are racist benchmarks, in which someone whose skin color is deeper on the PMS scale gets the nod because of that.

I am incredulous that liberals, who portend to be against racism, are fighting tooth-and-nail to keep in racist admission policies that penalize white individuals, and to an even greater extent, Asian individuals.

Not at all.

Here is the problem. This "broader mission" business. Speaking of the medical field, I'll take the doctor who got into med school because of his grades and test scores; and you take the doctor who got in because of his race, extracurriculars, and where he's from.

Harvard got 56,937 applications for the class of 2027. They accepted only 3.4%. All of them would have been highly qualified, so how do you select when you can only admit a tiny fraction? None of these schools admit solely on gpa/test scores nor should they.
They should not lower objective standards of excellence for Negroes. That is what they do.

Forum List

Back