Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

No Lisa, I referenced things you said. Try and keep up dear.

Coyote said whites (with better metrics) who are rejected in favor of blacks (with lower metrics) can go to a lesser school and still have a successful life. So I asked the obvious: why not the black with the lesser metrics go to the lesser school?

You racists are fine with whitey with top scores going to lesser schools to make room in better schools for weaker blacks, but you sure aren’t OK with blacks going to a lesser school.
Yes, because I'm not operating under the assumption that GPAs and SAT scores are objective measurements of intellectual capability or aptitude.

That’s because you’re ignorant. The combination of GPA and SAT score is a strong predictor of academic success.
I'm not ignoring it, I just don't care about it. I don't see why slightly higher scores are the be all end all of who should be accepted into Ivy league schools.
So you don’t care that a bright, white, Jewish boy living in a cold-water tenement with top grades and score has to go to a lesser school than he qualifies for. But you scream racist at anyone who says it’s OK -makes sense, really - for a black kid with worse metrics to be the one to go to the lesser school.

No one said All. So, you are putting the emphasis on IQs. Do you have a scientific source ranking the IQs by ethnicity and race??

I don’t believe it is because of IQs…I believe the higher the premium a race or ethnicity places on academics, the better the performance.
The truth it that is a combination of both - inherited intelligence and a culture that emphasizes excellence in scholastics.

Why?

Just because you are trapped in the antebellum south you think everyone else is also?
You post show
Stop making stuff up about what it is you imagine I want. My big “crime” is wanting whites and blacks to compete equally.
That is definitely not what you want, your posts prove that.
Because the legacies don’t involve race. I am opposed to racism.
Can't tell that from your posts.
And there has been tons of studies showing how much easier it is for blacks with worse metrics to get accepted over whites with better. Your denial of what everyone knows doesn’t make it any less true.
What studies? I posted the statistics on college enrollment and it shows just the opposite of what you claim. Whites have more advantages of getting into college than anyone in this country and it is a proven fact. I have shown it time and time again

RACE, INTELLIGENCE, AND THE BRAIN: THE ERRORS AND OMISSIONS OF THE 'REVISED' EDITION OF S. J. GOULD'S THE MISMEASURE OF MAN (1996) J. Philippe Rushton Department of Psychology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C2, Canada

Gould withholds from his readers that The Bell Curve is mainly an empirical work about the causes of social stratification and that it reached its conclusions only after fully analyzing a 12-year longitudinal study of 12,486 youths (3022 of whom were African-American), which showed that most 17-year-olds with high IQs (Blacks as well as Whites) went on to occupational success by their late 20s and early 30s whereas many of those with low IQs (both Black and White) went on to welfare dependency. The average IQ for African-Americans was found to be lower than those for Latino-, White-, Asian-, and Jewish-Americans (85, 89, 103, 106, and 115, respectively, pp. 273-278). Failure to mention these data fosters the false belief that IQ tests are not predictive and are biased in favor of North Europeans.

Care to try to add any context to this post?

I believe in rewarding merit

Whereas you want to reward based on skin color
And then he accuses people who believe in rewarding merit rather than skin color as wanting all the blacks to go back to HBCUs.

What a racist that Superbro and Curry are. He’s basically saying that if merit was what counted, no blacks would get it.

This kid wasn't rejected because of minorities.

He was rejected because white kids from rich families get in as legacies.

And conservatives _love_ that. They need that kind of affirmative action.

Plus, the moustache was an admission-killer.

And as others have pointed out, at the most competitive schools, it's the non-scholastic stuff that makes a candidate stand out.

Coyote said whites (with better metrics) who are rejected in favor of blacks (with lower metrics) can go to a lesser school and still have a successful life. So I asked the obvious: why not the black with the lesser metrics go to the lesser school?
I don't really care about the argument you have going with Coyote but I will say there are benefits to being exposed to diverse perspectives.
You racists are fine with whitey with top scores going to lesser schools to make room in better schools for weaker blacks, but you sure aren’t OK with blacks going to a lesser school.
1. Because I don't think top scores are objective measurements of intelligence or aptitude.

2. Not believing number 1 is in no way racist.
That’s because you’re ignorant. The combination of GPA and SAT score is a strong predictor of academic success.
So is socioeconomic status. Wealth is also a great correlator to educational, occupational and economic success but you wouldn't suggest wealthier people get preference over poorer people just because those wealthier people are more likely to succeed in college would you?

We don't live in a meritocracy. White families do not have ten times the wealth of black families because of merit.
So you don’t care that a bright, white, Jewish boy living in a cold-water tenement with top grades and score has to go to a lesser school than he qualifies for. But you scream racist at anyone who says it’s OK -makes sense, really - for a black kid with worse metrics to be the one to go to the lesser school.
I don't care about your made up scenarios. I care much more about addressing real and systemic inequities.

I was asked to supply IQ averages for different races and I did.
I didn't ask you to provide anything. I pointed out to you that Orientals have higher IQs on average than Indians but that Indians in America have better educational and financial success than Orientals do.

Last edited:
And then he accuses people who believe in rewarding merit rather than skin color as wanting all the blacks to go back to HBCUs.

What a racist that Superbro and Curry are. He’s basically saying that if merit was what counted, no blacks would get it.
You are full of it and your weak ass post prove it. I have asked you the question and you run like a scolded dog. I have posted the statistics and you run. Do all white kids get into college based on merit?

Forum List

Back