Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

And CalTech, just like every other decent university looked at more than just your grades and test scores.

There is more to being successful than just being able to do well on a test.
But it’s a great indicator as to who is likely to remain with the program, or who flunk out in the first year. Big waste of money (and lost opportunity cost to the person rejected) to admit people whose grades and scores show they are less likely to make it to their sophomore year.

But it’s a great indicator as to who is likely to remain with the program, or who flunk out in the first year. Big waste of money (and lost opportunity cost to the person rejected) to admit people who grades and scores show they are less likely to make it to their sophomore year.

But everyone applying has great test scores and GPAs. If they did not they would not be applying to an Ivy league school.

Thus there needs to be something after that to base the decisions on.

But it’s a great indicator as to who is likely to remain with the program, or who flunk out in the first year. Big waste of money (and lost opportunity cost to the person rejected) to admit people whose grades and scores show they are less likely to make it to their sophomore year.

But the college admissions love students who fail first year. They get big money for virtually no outlay on their part.

I'd love to see it, but I'm not holding my breath. Asians should have supported Trump but they didn't.
Don’t forget they got played by the Left when the shooter in Atlanta targeted massage parlors because he had issues with the sex trade and the Left media said it was Asian hate. If that had been Asian hate, he would have been targeting all Asian run businesses.

At the same time, see how many Asians have been attacked in NYC…. Many punched, beaten or even thrown onto the subway tracks. HIMT: none of the attackers were white.,

But the college admissions love students who fail first year. They get big money for virtually no outlay on their part.
And then the students who dropped out end up with a year of student debt with nothing to show for it, and with leftists clamoring to make other people pay off the loan.

Which is very different than going straight out of high school

No shit, Sherlock. Caltech up to recent times could care less what clubs you were in. Hell, I haven't checked their admissions policies in years.

My daughter wishes to go to my old college because she has an ultimate goal of working at JPL and the two have a close working relationship. So, because she is a little brainiac, she has a good shot to get in. She has already been offered a fully paid slot at RIT and she hasn't graduated high school yet. And guess what, no clubs. She spends her time studying robotics, EE, and computer design.

One does not need to be a genius to know that test scores and GPA are not the only factors for getting into a college. Anyone but a fucking moron would know this.
Gee that's funny, my son will be attending one of the best universities in the country this fall. I didn't have to help him, he got in on his own.

No shit, Sherlock. Caltech up to recent times could care less what clubs you were in. Hell, I haven't checked their admissions policies in years.

My daughter wishes to go to my old college because she has an ultimate goal of working at JPL and the two have a close working relationship. So, because she is a little brainiac, she has a good shot to get in. She has already been offered a fully paid slot at RIT and she hasn't graduated high school yet. And guess what, no clubs. She spends her time studying robotics, EE, and computer design.
Caltech is a good school. I worked there for many years. Gathering and processing satellite imagery. My job was to fill the robotic tape library fast enough. At the time HIPPI and fibre channel were considered "fast". However I solved the jitter problem on one of their cameras. Hard not to notice stuff like that when you're looking at all the data.

Except if you're a football player.

Then they put you on the Ten Year Plan.

Caltech is a good school. I worked there for many years. Gathering and processing satellite imagery. My job was to fill the robotic tape library fast enough. At the time HIPPI and fibre channel were considered "fast". However I solved the jitter problem on one of their cameras. Hard not to notice stuff like that when you're looking at all the data.

Depending on when you worked there you may have been processing some of my work.

Blacks are dumb and Asians are better than whites.....

No Asian kid should lose their spot in an Ivy League school to a black or a white....unless that white is a legacy admission, that is different....

I know what it would be for blacks - 3%.

If you have 100 students with the same basic GPAs and test scores fighting for 10 spots what should the college use to differentiate between them if not extracurricular activities?

Forum List

Back