Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Maybe he could have. With a kill order on me, I would not because there would be a good possibility that I could end up in the hands of those who had placed the kill order on me.

Maybe he wasn't interested in it. I don't know. I do know that the Executive Branch unilaterally suspended the Bill of Rights. No check. No balance.

The integrity of the Bill of Rights is more important to me than this POS.
:cuckoo: This was not done on the whim of one person. And there was no suspension of the Bill of Rights. No where in the bill of rights does it even imply that Americans can join the enemy and not be treated as the enemy.

I do believe your extreme hatred of Obama has clouded your mind.
Ummm, the right to due process is the 5th. That's smack dab in the middle of the Bill of Rights.

:cuckoo:

The Bill of Rights STILL has no applicability to this matter.

None.

"If an American is stupid enough to make cause with terrorists abroad, to frequent their camps and take part in their plans, he or she can't expect their citizenship to work as a magic shield," said another U.S. official. "If you join the enemy, you join your fate to his."
--   U.S. Citizen in CIA's Cross Hairs       : Information Clearing House -  ICH

It appears to be the CIA who executes the kill or capture order. Accordingly, if a person ON the list (assuming he even knew he was on the list) wished to surrender himself to the Americans, he COULD go the Embassy, consulate office or a marine base. It is a virtual certainty that as long as that surrendering individual complied FULLY with all orders from the marines, he would not be shot as Marines tend to comply with orders including the law. And there's no reason to presume that a Marine would even know who is or is not on the kill or capture list, anyway.

Pretty hilarious how I see posts from you splattered all over this board calling others IDIOT.
Why is that funny to you?

The Executive Branch did suspend his right to due process. Fact. The executive is the President. Fact. He is also the CiC. Fact. Marines are part of the military. Fact.

See if you can connect the dots. ;)

As I said, the integrity of the Bill of Rights is more important to me than this man. That's where I stand. I know many don't like it, but I like my position.

Yeah, as if those who disagree with you don't care about the Bill of Rights. :doubt:

Again, the executive order was "kill or capture".

Several people have explained here what that means, and how due process applies, so see if YOU can connect those dots, huh...?

Yeah, as if those who disagree with you don't care about the Bill of Rights

and they don't it doesn't matter that no warrant' were issued for him it doesn't matter that no charges were filed against him. It doesn't matter that he was placed on a hit list. It doesn't matter what he did or said he still had due process. No president has that much power. What people are doing is justifing the assissnation because obama placed him on the terrorist list.

Why is that funny to you?

The Executive Branch did suspend his right to due process. Fact. The executive is the President. Fact. He is also the CiC. Fact. Marines are part of the military. Fact.

See if you can connect the dots. ;)

As I said, the integrity of the Bill of Rights is more important to me than this man. That's where I stand. I know many don't like it, but I like my position.

Yeah, as if those who disagree with you don't care about the Bill of Rights. :doubt:

Several people have explained here what that means, and how due process applies, so see if YOU can connect those dots, huh...?

and they don't it doesn't matter that no warrant' were issued for him it doesn't matter that no charges were filed against him. It doesn't matter that he was placed on a hit list. It doesn't matter what he did or said he still had due process. No president has that much power. What people are doing is justifing the assissnation because obama placed him on the terrorist list.

We don't issue warrants for enemies. Not Nazis, not Vietcong, not AQ.

If he was interested in obtaining due process for himself (something his organization was not interested in as it was responsible for slaughtering thousands of innocent Americans BTW) - he could have walked up to the US Embassy in Yemen with his hands raised and tell the Marine he wasn't armed. They would have searched him and he'd have been just fine.

>>>>

Exactly, he could have turned himself in to the US Embassy in Yemen and he would have recieved due process, Anwar was not interested in due process he just wanted to kill Americans.

Okay ... I'm sucked in again and it's only 11:33 in the morning. Alright. Okay ... if I can stick with one post on this today, I'll be okay. :eusa_whistle: Here goes:

Why should he turn himself into the U.S. Embassy? There were no charges against him. On what grounds would he turn himself in?

And why would he want to turn himself in and commit his safety to a government which ordered him assassinated without so much as filing a charge?

Would YOU trust a country which put you on an assassination list without filing a single charge against you? Would you turn yourself into them - when they still hadn't said what crimes you committed but had already declared you worthy of death - and trust that you would be treated fairly?

I don't think the man ever had any intention of turning himself in or requesting due process, I am saying he could have gone that route rather than being blown up by a drone. Anwar was on the most wanted list so yes he could have turned himself in.

Most wanted: Anwar al-Awlaki – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

:cuckoo: This was not done on the whim of one person. And there was no suspension of the Bill of Rights. No where in the bill of rights does it even imply that Americans can join the enemy and not be treated as the enemy.

I do believe your extreme hatred of Obama has clouded your mind.
Ummm, the right to due process is the 5th. That's smack dab in the middle of the Bill of Rights.

None.

"If an American is stupid enough to make cause with terrorists abroad, to frequent their camps and take part in their plans, he or she can't expect their citizenship to work as a magic shield," said another U.S. official. "If you join the enemy, you join your fate to his."
-- * U.S. Citizen in CIA's Cross Hairs****** : Information Clearing House -* ICH

It appears to be the CIA who executes the kill or capture order. Accordingly, if a person ON the list (assuming he even knew he was on the list) wished to surrender himself to the Americans, he COULD go the Embassy, consulate office or a marine base. It is a virtual certainty that as long as that surrendering individual complied FULLY with all orders from the marines, he would not be shot as Marines tend to comply with orders including the law. And there's no reason to presume that a Marine would even know who is or is not on the kill or capture list, anyway.

A Marine won't shoot Anwar if he was unarmed because if he did he would face a US Military court martial.

If he was interested in obtaining due process for himself (something his organization was not interested in as it was responsible for slaughtering thousands of innocent Americans BTW) - he could have walked up to the US Embassy in Yemen with his hands raised and tell the Marine he wasn't armed. They would have searched him and he'd have been just fine.

>>>>

Exactly, he could have turned himself in to the US Embassy in Yemen and he would have recieved due process, Anwar was not interested in due process he just wanted to kill Americans.

Okay ... I'm sucked in again and it's only 11:33 in the morning. Alright. Okay ... if I can stick with one post on this today, I'll be okay. :eusa_whistle: Here goes:

Why should he turn himself into the U.S. Embassy? There were no charges against him. On what grounds would he turn himself in?

And why would he want to turn himself in and commit his safety to a government which ordered him assassinated without so much as filing a charge?

Would YOU trust a country which put you on an assassination list without filing a single charge against you? Would you turn yourself into them - when they still hadn't said what crimes you committed but had already declared you worthy of death - and trust that you would be treated fairly?

One more thing ... it was a secret that his name was on kill or capture list until someone leaked that Awlaki was on it.

Even with it public, why would someone turn themselves in to the embassy of a country who ordered their assassination without filing a single charge against them?

But as absurd as that is, you guys are saying he should have protected himself by turning himself in to the embassy because he was on a list he wouldn't even have known he was on if someone didn't leak it.

Incredible.

Last edited:

One more thing ... it was a secret that his name was on kill or capture list until someone leaked that Awlaki was on it.

Even with it public, why would someone turn themselves in to the embassy of a country who ordered their assassination without filing a single charge against them?

But as absurd as that is, you guys are saying he should have protected himself by turning himself in to the embassy because he was on a list he wouldn't even have known he was on if someone didn't leak it.

Incredible.

It wasn't a secret.

But we do for American citizens, still trying to justify this I see.

Incredible.

If he had turned himself in he would have recieved this due process you guys are ranting and raving about, its really that simple.

Incredible.:cuckoo:

Criminals, yes. Enemies, no.

Like I told you days ago, if an American had joined the Nazis he would be a legitimate military target.

Incredible.

If he had turned himself in he would have recieved this due process you guys are ranting and raving about, its really that simple.

You actually trust a governemt that places it's citizen on a hit list?

Incredible.

It wasn't a secret.

Even if it wasn't, it is absurd that he would turn himself into a country which ordered him killed without having enough evidence to file serious charges against him.

But reports say that it was secret. It was reported in January 2010 that he had been put on the list late in 2009.

Incredible.

Being in a leadership position in a terrorist organization responsible for the slaughter of thousands of American Citizens and not realizing the United States Military in persecuting a War on Terror the the United States Government would want to have a conversation with me.

Oh - wait that's why I was hiding in a forgien country.

Your right, that's "incredible".

>>>>

Incredible.

It wasn't a secret.

Even if it wasn't, it is absurd that he would turn himself into a country which ordered him killed without having enough evidence to file serious charges against him.

But reports say that it was secret. It was reported in January 2010 that he had been put on the list late in 2009.

He could have turned himself in to a third party country einstein.:cuckoo:

Incredible.

You actually trust a governemt that places it's citizen on a hit list?

He could have turned himself in to the Swiss or the French, if he was looking for this due process you guys are ranting and raving about.

None.

-- * U.S. Citizen in CIA's Cross Hairs****** : Information Clearing House -* ICH

A Marine won't shoot Anwar if he was unarmed because if he did he would face a US Military court martial.

True dat.

Now, maybe the schmuck shouldn't turn himself into a CIA base station ...

but it is the CIA, not the Marines, who execute that whole Kill of capture list thingie.

Absolutely.

I'd like to see a lockdown in every state and federal prison as soon as we could find and distribute enough cyanide gas to assassinate every convict therein.

Criminals, yes. Enemies, no.

Like I told you days ago, if an American had joined the Nazis he would be a legitimate military target.

Like I told you days ago, if an American had joined the Nazis he would be a legitimate military target

Like told you they never were placed on a hit list nor were the Japanese.

Criminals, yes. Enemies, no.[/QUOTE]

who put him on the list the man who also orde the assissination? Were their any charges filed?

Absolutely.

I'd like to see a lockdown in every state and federal prison as soon as we could find and distribute enough cyanide gas to assassinate every convict therein.

Thats fine they had their day in court but what about those who were placed ona hit list without charges?

Forum List

Back