Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
The Bill of Rights STILL has no applicability to this matter.

None.

-- * U.S. Citizen in CIA's Cross Hairs****** : Information Clearing House -* ICH

It appears to be the CIA who executes the kill or capture order. Accordingly, if a person ON the list (assuming he even knew he was on the list) wished to surrender himself to the Americans, he COULD go the Embassy, consulate office or a marine base. It is a virtual certainty that as long as that surrendering individual complied FULLY with all orders from the marines, he would not be shot as Marines tend to comply with orders including the law. And there's no reason to presume that a Marine would even know who is or is not on the kill or capture list, anyway.

A Marine won't shoot Anwar if he was unarmed because if he did he would face a US Military court martial.

True dat.

Now, maybe the schmuck shouldn't turn himself into a CIA base station ...

but it is the CIA, not the Marines, who execute that whole Kill of capture list thingie.

Anwar could have turned himself in to a third party country like Switzerland if he was really interested in recieving due process, but he wasn't interested in that, just killing Americans.

If he had turned himself in he would have recieved this due process you guys are ranting and raving about, its really that simple.

Incredible.:cuckoo:

You actually trust a governemt that places it's citizen on a hit list?

He could have turned himself in to the Swiss or the French, if he was looking for this due process you guys are ranting and raving about.

Why would he turn himself in? That would be like you turning yourself in for possibly running a red light and you think a cop might have saw you run it.

Absolutely.

I'd like to see a lockdown in every state and federal prison as soon as we could find and distribute enough cyanide gas to assassinate every convict therein.

Thats fine they had their day in court but what about those who were placed ona hit list without charges?
You really are fucked in the head.

You actually trust a governemt that places it's citizen on a hit list?

He could have turned himself in to the Swiss or the French, if he was looking for this due process you guys are ranting and raving about.

Why would he turn himself in? That would be like you turning yourself in for possibly running a red light and you think a cop might have saw you run it.

If I thought I might be assasinated for running a redlight, I'd turn myself in for due process.

It wasn't a secret.

Even if it wasn't, it is absurd that he would turn himself into a country which ordered him killed without having enough evidence to file serious charges against him.

But reports say that it was secret. It was reported in January 2010 that he had been put on the list late in 2009.

He could have turned himself in to a third party country einstein.:cuckoo:

If someone in the press hadn't leaked it, the list might still be secret. What would have led him to believe he should turn himself in to any party, U.S., "third party", or otherwise while the list was still secret?

You guys are making pretzels out of yourselves to justify our country putting a citizen on a kill list without having enough evidence to file charges against him.

My position is simple. He was a fair target if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and our military made a legitimate strike on that place. But he shouldn't have been explicitly ordered killed until we knew we had charges which would back up that order if he were ever caught. We should have been looking for him, and executing the war, and working on those charges. We could have been doing all at once. And if he were killed during that process, that would have been fair. But we shouldn't have explicitly ordered a citizen's death, regardless of whether the list was secret or not, without even having filed charges against him.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

I'd like to see a lockdown in every state and federal prison as soon as we could find and distribute enough cyanide gas to assassinate every convict therein.

Thats fine they had their day in court but what about those who were placed ona hit list without charges?

Really you stupid bitch samson posted it I commented so you said nothing to samson?

If I thought I might be assasinated for running a redlight, I'd turn myself in for due process.

BINGO.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Even if it wasn't, it is absurd that he would turn himself into a country which ordered him killed without having enough evidence to file serious charges against him.

But reports say that it was secret. It was reported in January 2010 that he had been put on the list late in 2009.

If someone in the press hadn't leaked it, the list might still be secret. What would have led him to believe he should turn himself in to any party, U.S., "third party", or otherwise while the list was still secret?

You guys are making pretzels out of yourselves to justify our country putting a citizen on a kill list without having enough evidence to file charges against him.

I don't have to justify anything, Anwar was on the most wanted list and did not turn himself in and was killed in an Al Qaeda hide out, end of story. Grab some tissues and wipe your fuckin face, he's dead.

Not really because you would never thinbk twice about turn yourself in for a supposed violation.

My position is simple. He was a fair target if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and our military made a legitimate strike on that place. But he shouldn't have been explicitly ordered killed until we knew we had charges which would back up that order if he were ever caught. We should have been looking for him, and executing the war, and working on those charges. We could have been doing all at once. And if he were killed during that process, that would have been fair. But we shouldn't have explicitly ordered a citizen's death, regardless of whether the list was secret or not, without even having filed charges against him.

Most wanted: Anwar al-Awlaki – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

He was on the most wanted list, and he was taken out. Case closed, on to the next.

Anyone know the names of the other Americans on our government's hit list(s)? We have more than one list. There is the CIA list and JSOC at least. I don't know how many others.

Last edited:

Not really because you would never thinbk twice about turn yourself in for a supposed violation.

How are you going to tell Samson what he would or wouldn't do?:confused:

A Marine won't shoot Anwar if he was unarmed because if he did he would face a US Military court martial.

True dat.

but it is the CIA, not the Marines, who execute that whole Kill of capture list thingie.

Anwar could have turned himself in to a third party country like Switzerland if he was really interested in recieving due process, but he wasn't interested in that, just killing Americans.

Why did Saddam hide in a filthy underground "spider hole?"

Because he feared receiving justice more than he loathed living like a fucking sewer rat.

A shit stain like al-Awlaki had a slightly different agenda. He wanted to go on fomenting the killing of the civilian population (amongst others) of the Great Satan. Kinda hard to do that for the greater glory of Islam if one has surrendered TO the Great Satan. And, let's face it, he surely hoped to avoid ever being found and captured or killed.

He plunked his money down and rolled the bones.

Damned if he didn't come up snake eyes.

Now, as to the FREQUENTLY ignored point, I suppose now is as good a time as any to re-state it (so it can be ignored a few more times):

The Bill of Rights has NO APPLICABILITY to the matter of putting an enemy leader on a kill or capture list in time of war REGARDLESS of that enemy leader's happenstance status as a U.S. citizen.

The Bill of Rights pertains to the LEGAL system. Courts. Lawyers. Grand Juries. Indictments. Trials. The associated rights of PEOPLE (not just citizens) to all those legal benefits, rights and formalities -- in a primarily CRIMINAL Law context.

Last edited:

Absolutely.

I'll second that motion! Just a couple of applications of that, and the crime rate would drop to near zero in a year or two.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

True dat.

Why did Saddam hide in a filthy underground "spider hole?"

Because he feared receiving justice more than he loathed living like a fucking sewer rat.

A shit stain like al-Awlaki had a slightly different agenda. He wanted to go on fomenting the killing of the civilian population (amongst others) of the Great Satan. Kinda hard to do that for the greater glory of Islam if one has surrendered TO the Great Satan. And, let's face it, he surely hoped to avoid ever being found and captured or killed.

He plunked his money down and rolled the bones.

Damned if he didn't come up snake eyes.

Now, as to the FREQUENTLY ignored point, I suppose now is as good a time as any to re-state it (so it can be ignored a few more times):

The Bill of Rights has NO APPLICABILITY to the matter of putting an enemy leader on a kill or capture list in time of war REGARDLESS of that enemy leader's happenstance status as a U.S. citizen.

The Bill of Rights pertains to the LEGAL system. Courts. Lawyers. Grand Juries. Indictments. Trials. The associated rights of PEOPLE (not just citizens) to all those legal benefits, rights and formalities -- in a primarily CRIMINAL Law context.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Really you stupid bitch samson posted it I commented so you said nothing to samson?

Squidboi isn't the one running around crying over the death of a terrorist.

You're perfectly fine with gassing convicts.

You're a fraud birfer, a total fraud.

Unlike you I'm crying over thew death OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL PROCESS
And the convicts got there day in court.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back