Assholes making trouble in Oregon

Faster than he was going at the very beginning of the video. And fast enough that he couldn't stop in time without crashing into either the roadblock or the snow despite hitting his brakes approximately 10 car lengths prior to reaching the road block. Considering a rule of thumb where one car length for every 10 MPH is needed for stopping, he must have been going pretty damn fast.

Wow, just wow, ace. Your ignorance is showing, but since you are chanting the same mantra that the rest of the robots are it doesn't surprise me.

That rule of thumb is for the distance to keep between you and the car in front of you, ace. Nothing at all to do with stopping. But since you say it was 10 car lengths, let's see what the facts are:

The average car driving at 20 mph will travel 20 feet before coming to a complete stop, however a car travelling at 40 mph will take 80 ft to come to a stop – that’s why it’s SO important not to exceed the speed limit.

stoppingdistances.jpg

Source: Stopping distances - ingenie® Young Driver's Guide

So according to your estimate of ten car lengths, he was going what I estimated from watching the video: around 40 MPH TOPS. And I actually think he may have tried to plow his way around the roadblock and failed.
The rule of thumb of maintaining a car length per every ten feet is because that is the minimum distance required to stop in an emergency. :eusa_doh:

Your next fail is basing the distance on 118ft. When I estimated ten car lengths, that was based on Finicum's truck, not an "average car length" as referenced in the chart you posted. The distance he traveled was closer to 200ft.

Then add in how much more distance he would have needed to stop had the snow bank not stopped him abruptly.

Like it matters what faun believes. The statist losers who have NOTHING except whatis given to them by others are just mentally ill entitlement weirdoes. I guarantee that their neighbors despise and fear them...and as felons and mentaly incapacitated persons, they're nonentities anyway.
Spits the moron who actually tried to pass off an Britainer in England as a life-long resident of Harney county. :rolleyes:

Faster than he was going at the very beginning of the video. And fast enough that he couldn't stop in time without crashing into either the roadblock or the snow despite hitting his brakes approximately 10 car lengths prior to reaching the road block. Considering a rule of thumb where one car length for every 10 MPH is needed for stopping, he must have been going pretty damn fast.

Wow, just wow, ace. Your ignorance is showing, but since you are chanting the same mantra that the rest of the robots are it doesn't surprise me.

That rule of thumb is for the distance to keep between you and the car in front of you, ace. Nothing at all to do with stopping. But since you say it was 10 car lengths, let's see what the facts are:

The average car driving at 20 mph will travel 20 feet before coming to a complete stop, however a car travelling at 40 mph will take 80 ft to come to a stop – that’s why it’s SO important not to exceed the speed limit.

stoppingdistances.jpg

So according to your estimate of ten car lengths, he was going what I estimated from watching the video: around 40 MPH TOPS. And I actually think he may have tried to plow his way around the roadblock and failed.
The rule of thumb of maintaining a car length per every ten feet is because that is the minimum distance required to stop in an emergency. :eusa_doh:

Your next fail is basing the distance on 118ft. When I estimated ten car lengths, that was based on Finicum's truck, not an "average car length" as referenced in the chart you posted. The distance he traveled was closer to 200ft.

Then add in how much more distance he would have needed to stop had the snow bank not stopped him abruptly.
So, you think he could see them in enough time to abide by this stopping distance? Oh, and the dude from the FBI or Troopers runs right into the path, you can't be that fking blind are you?
upload_2016-2-5_15-14-43.png

see no one in his path???????????

And then.....
upload_2016-2-5_15-15-43.png

Where'd the fk he come from? Oh yeah ran in the direction of the truck. What a fking stupid fk.

so now tell me did he drive at the cop or did the cop go after his truck? fking loser libturds.

Last edited:
Like it matters what faun believes. The statist losers who have NOTHING except whatis given to them by others are just mentally ill entitlement weirdoes. I guarantee that their neighbors despise and fear them...and as felons and mentaly incapacitated persons, they're nonentities anyway.
Spits the moron who actually tried to pass off an Britainer in England as a life-long resident of Harney county. :rolleyes:
No, I didn't lol. I said the video was shared by a lifelong harney county resident on facebook...but aAs I said...who cares what incompetents think. They can't reason, their brains don't function properly. As faun advertises every time he posts.

stoppingdistances.jpg

So, you think he could see them in enough time to abide by this stopping distance? Oh, and the dude from the FBI or Troopers runs right into the path, you can't be that fking blind are you?
View attachment 62457

And then.....
View attachment 62458

Where'd the fk he come from? Oh yeah ran in the direction of the truck. What a fking stupid fk.

so now tell me did he drive at the cop or did the cop go after his truck? fking loser libturds.
Not blind....delusional and dishonest.

It is kind of nice that JC456 and Koshergirl offer themselves up as samples of the assholes mentioned in the thread title. While they might not be hanging out with them in person, they certainly are standing with them in spirit.

stoppingdistances.jpg

View attachment 62457

And then.....
View attachment 62458

You can see it for yourself. He first applies his brakes some 200 feet before reaching the road block and he still didn't stop in time.

stoppingdistances.jpg

My fail, hehehe, you're funny. You originally said it takes about one car length per 10mph to stop. When I call you on it you back peddle and side step. Typical.

Judging by how fast he was going by the objects (trees, etc.) he was passing, he was doing about 40-45 mph average. When he hit his brakes, he did not do so to fully stop, he was trying to decide what to do.

stoppingdistances.jpg

My fail, hehehe, you're funny. You originally said it takes about one car length per 10mph to stop. When I call you on it you back peddle and side step. Typical.

Judging by how fast he was going by the objects (trees, etc.) he was passing, he was doing about 40-45 mph average. When he hit his brakes, he did not do so to fully stop, he was trying to decide what to do.
He was trying to avoid getting that girl in the back shot. They took fire the first time they stopped. He knew their purpose was to kill him, there was never any doubt.

Ok, let me try to insert some logical reality into this discussion, if it is at all possible.

YOU are LaVoy Finnicum. You get in an argument at the first stop and one guy jumps out of the truck. You know the gig is up, so you think about trying to get to the Grant county sheriff somehow and speed away. Upon approaching the road block you realize that's not going to happen. But you are intent on 'murdering' cops before you die. So what do you do when you slow and plow into the snow?

Do you just jump out and walk away from any available cover with your hands held high as you can and think about pulling your gun at some time along the way? NO! You would get the gun in your hand first, jump out and use as much of the truck for cover as you can to fire as many rounds to attempt to 'murder' cops before they can get to you.

I'm guessing if they all just put their hands up the first time the FBI said "put your hands up" at the first stop, this would have been a tiny news blurb that already disappeared.

I'm guessing if they all just put their hands up the first time the FBI said "put your hands up" at the first stop, this would have been a tiny news blurb that already disappeared.

Agreed. But that is not what happened so now we are left to argue over the slop the .gov has tried to feed the masses and what is closer to some semblance of truth.

stoppingdistances.jpg

View attachment 62457

And then.....
View attachment 62458

You can see it for yourself. He first applies his brakes some 200 feet before reaching the road block and he still didn't stop in time.
Well fk, there was a road block and they weren't marked . What the fk!

It is kind of nice that JC456 and Koshergirl offer themselves up as samples of the assholes mentioned in the thread title. While they might not be hanging out with them in person, they certainly are standing with them in spirit.
I'm an American and you're a fk off

hey yo class, here is an update:

FBI video of Robert ‘LaVoy’ Finicum shooting in Oregon fails to calm uproar

"Even with the video, however, Robert W. Taylor, a professor at the University of Texas at Dallas whose areas of expertise include police use of force, said, “It’s just too early to tell what’s going on here.”

“Before you can say that this [shooting] is justifiable, you’re going to have to work at all the evidence, and right now this video doesn’t show enough to determine whether or not this was a justifiable shooting,” said Mr. Taylor, adding, “Obviously they’re going to have to come up with more than just this thing.”"

from the link

David A. Klinger, University of Missouri at St. Louis professor of criminology and criminal justice, said that “on the ultimate question of, ‘Did they do the right thing in terms of shooting?’ — from that video, I can’t tell.”

from the link

From a tactical perspective, he said, the video raises any number of questions, starting with the placement of the officers who appear on either side of Finicum after he exits the truck, which he had plowed into a snowbank to avoid an FBI roadblock.
The officers appear to be in each other’s line of sight. In other words, if the trooper who creeps out of the woods toward Finicum had missed, he could have easily hit an FBI agent on the other side, instead.
“A, they’ve got themselves in a crossfire situation, and B, why in the world would you leave your cover position?” Mr. Klinger said. “So there’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t make sense to me in terms of why they did what they did in those immediate moments preceding the shooting.”

stoppingdistances.jpg

View attachment 62457

And then.....
View attachment 62458

Well fk, there was a road block and they weren't marked . What the fk!

funny how the whole thing could have been avoided

if they would have used road spikes

Agreed. But that is not what happened so now we are left to argue over the slop the .gov has tried to feed the masses and what is closer to some semblance of truth.

There is a video, and the instant replay is at best inconclusive so the call on the field stands.

By the way, all the talk about 'our 2nd amendment rights and they'll have to pry my gun from my cold dead hands and the gubment blah blah blah". This is what happens. Its easy, lazy, and fake machismo to walk into a Wendy's with a rifle slung over your shoulder. When you actually have to face other men that are professionally trained to handle belligerents that have guns you see what happens. They don't play games. And in the end this is what these squatters were doing, playing games like its a game to wave a weapon at other people.

It isn't. Ever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back