At least a dozen NYPD officers have taken Gov. DeSantis' $5,000 relocation bonus and signed on as cops in Florida

Oh there are black "folks" being shot down here in Florida, but they are being shot by black "folks". I think it is a generational thing, you know every generation of blacks just go out and shoot at the next generation....
I once asked a black co-worker why I didn’t see more blacks at the pistol range. He replied, ‘We practice shooting at the local bar.” True story.

A couple years later I talked a black co-worker into going to the range with me and allowed him to shoot one of my .22 target pistols, a .38/.357 $&W revolver and a Colt .45 Pistol. On the way back I asked him what he thought of shooting. He told me. “I was really amazed how nice everyone treated me. I thought they would be upset because I was black. He then started to shoot on a regular basis and eventually got his concealed weapons permit.

Florida Police Warn People Not to Shoot Their Guns at Hurricane Irma

“To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons at Irma,” the Twitter account of the Pasco County Sheriff’s office tweeted on Saturday night, just hours before the eye of the storm passed over the Florida Keys. “You won’t make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects.” Bullets fired into a storm system like a hurricane can have unpredictable and potentially dangerous trajectories.
I lived in a predominantly Cuban, Puerto Rican and Central American neighborhood in Tampa for years. On the 4th of July and New Years nights you could imagine youself in a war zone with all the fireworks and gunfire going off.

I was being sarcastic.
People here as in other forums say stupid shit and it isn’t always sarcastic. Consequently I have found that when I use sarcasm it is best to label it as such. On many other forums there is a “sarcasm” thingy but I can’t seem to find it here. :sarcasm: doesn’t work here.

it's called voting with your feet!

Sell your house hopefully in suburbia ...the city I hear is completely shot...especially Manhattan

Move to sunny Florida 5000 grand and a new job. Not bad

NYPD is already used to the Barrios.....they'll have to adjust for rednecks

Deplorable Yankee
I think they will like the cost of living down here in Florida. No State income tax and I'd bet they can buy a house with no problem. I

'd bet the heat won't even bother them cause it gets hotter than hell in NY City in the Summer.

I'd bet they will love the Sunshine State.

This may be true, though they most certainly will be paying less taxes, so it's more closer to a wash and I presume NYPD cops are paid well. In Toronto they are paid excessively relative to risk, in NY there is a legitimate argument for danger pay.

Throw in the warm weather, and cost of living, and I presume the move is more attractive, especially to younger officers.
NYC cops make well over $80,000 a year
Miami cops make about $55,000

Forum List

Back