AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama – That You Can’t Switch Off

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama – That You Can’t Switch Off
Engadget reported:

AT&T has begun rolling out Wireless Emergency Alerts updates for iPhone 4S and 5, so you won’t be the last folks to know if the entire northern hemisphere is about to be covered in ice à la Day After Tomorrow.

You’ll receive a notification from the carrier when your update is ready, but only if you’re using iOS 6.1 or higher.

Once installed, AMBER and Emergency alerts are automatically sent to your phone unless you switch them off via Settings. However, should you be tired of Obama, just know that there’s no way to switch off Presidential alerts.
So now Barack can track your calls and send you messages, too.​
He sure does think highly of himself, doesn't he?

This is a good reason not to upgrade to IOS 1.6 etc.

Jeebus, how Orwellian.

Is this going to belong to all presidents or just him? Maybe it's a power he intends to keep.

Can you imagine getting automated alerts telling you what to think every hour or so?

IPhone is just the FIRST to get this new ability. Before long all phones will have it, then it will be illegal to have a phone that doesn't have it. When obama tells you to vote for a democrat, and you don't, you will have violated a direct presidential order. TRAITOR! The stasi will know instantly.

Is this going to belong to all presidents or just him? Maybe it's a power he intends to keep.

Can you imagine getting automated alerts telling you what to think every hour or so?

Especially during an election.

"Watch out, we're coming to get you if you don't vote!"

And then they'll use the GPS tracker for SEIU goons to drag the poor targeted slobs to a polling place to "help" them fill out their ballots.

And then they'll use the GPS tracker for SEIU goons to drag the poor targeted slobs to a polling place to "help" them fill out their ballots.

Between NSA surveillance and this, every person in the US will have a personal government minder standing at their elbow telling them what to do. And if you don't do it, you are a traitor because every word is a direct order from the president.

This will replace the IRS oppression

-Geaux

This will replace the IRS oppression

-Geaux

No, it will supplement it.

Showed up on my phone just today. Spent time with AT&T manager. He was of zero help but said he would email me why the 'Government Alerts' were pushed on my phone as a 'default'.

Police State.

BTW- I was able to turn off the notifications but the push remains. They said they blocked it and it should be removed from my phone.

This is not good folks

-Geaux

Last edited:
Showed up on my phone just today. Spent time with AT&T manager. He was of zero help but said he would email me why the 'Government Alerts' were pushed on my phone as a 'default'.

Police State.

BTW- I was able to turn off the notifications but the push remains. They said they blocked it and it should be removed from my phone.

This is not good folks

-Geaux

According to the article you will be able to turn off all alerts but the ones from obama.

IPhone is just the FIRST to get this new ability. Before long all phones will have it, then it will be illegal to have a phone that doesn't have it. When obama tells you to vote for a democrat, and you don't, you will have violated a direct presidential order. TRAITOR! The stasi will know instantly.

Actually, no. Some android phones already have it. Luckily though, android phones are easy to hack and then you can delete the package. That's what I did.

This...

This is why I don't own an iPhone. I don't trust anything from Apple in the first place, being the computer geek that I am.

Completely agree. I rooted my wife's Android so I could get it to work off of AT&T towers instead of her crappy Windows Phone, so I can keep track of anything AT&T tries to send it and kill it if I don't like it.

I don't think he can push that in 4 years.
Besides, even if he did pull it off, you really think this Congress will say no to that? The Senate and House probably love this as much as Obama does; they want to watch you. People are naive in thinking it's just Obama.

Forum List

Back