At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
After 8 years of the Obama Administration taking businesses to court, harassing conservatives with the IRS, spying on private citizens by the White House, giving technology and paying billions in reparations to our enemies, along with throwing people in jail for being critics, you think the presidency is in a bad place now????
Yes. And I provided specific examples.

"But Obama" would be a weak retort.
Actually it's a strong retort. Comparing the two administrations tends to cancel out alot of complaints being made against the current one. Especially when you take into consideration that Congress refuses to cooperate in any shape or form with Trump. Most of the problems begin with this refusal to do what is best for the people of THIS country in favor of generating a new constituency thru human - trafficking.
Then there's the false assurances Pelosi has been giving to our trade partners and our allies that they will be getting rid of Trump any day now, so why should anyone negotiate with him in good faith to begin with???
PELOSI now?

Holy crap. Okay, all of the points in the OP are the Democrats' fault.

Got it. And we move on.
Maybe you can explain why that **** flew to Brussels in the middle of Trump's tussle with NATO. How about why she flew to Central America a couple of weeks ago???

Is she illegally negotiating with foreign governments behind Trump's back???

I think so!!!

After 8 years of the Obama Administration taking businesses to court, harassing conservatives with the IRS, spying on private citizens by the White House, giving technology and paying billions in reparations to our enemies, along with throwing people in jail for being critics, you think the presidency is in a bad place now????

Actually it's a strong retort. Comparing the two administrations tends to cancel out alot of complaints being made against the current one. Especially when you take into consideration that Congress refuses to cooperate in any shape or form with Trump. Most of the problems begin with this refusal to do what is best for the people of THIS country in favor of generating a new constituency thru human - trafficking.
Then there's the false assurances Pelosi has been giving to our trade partners and our allies that they will be getting rid of Trump any day now, so why should anyone negotiate with him in good faith to begin with???
PELOSI now?

Got it. And we move on.
Maybe you can explain why that **** flew to Brussels in the middle of Trump's tussle with NATO. How about why she flew to Central America a couple of weeks ago???

I think so!!!
Okay!!!

Trump is not responsible for the Trump presidency!

I get it now!

THIS THREAD MUST BE DESTROYED

This not wanting to pay for materials, labor, etc. is typical on many government and private contracts. Then when whoever is doing the work, or whatever refuses to do something that is not being paid for some prick starts doing the blame game as if whoever is in charge of making sure the job is done is doing something wrong. In that same note there are contractors that if they think they have a blank check they will will become very creative on ways to increase the bill. It is all a balancing act. To me that is why we need solid business individuals in elected positions that understand there are cost to doing anything; and we need ones that are not there just looking to make a quick buck for themselves but one that desire to improve conditions overall for every citizen without increasing or bloating government into a bigger beast than what it already is.

BULL-SHIT.

Here is what actually happened:

• In June, the Trump administration argued in court that "safe and sanitary" conditions - required by the 1997 Flores settlement - may not necessarily mean that a toothbrush and soap are provided for detained immigrant children during short stays, and that the children could be allowed to sleep on concrete floors.
It had/has nothing to do—zip, zilch, nada—with DHS/INS/ICE/CBP or whomever not having funding for soap and toothpaste.

Your blob has deficits of about $1T per year. Are you seriously stating that there is no money to buy a kid soap, toothpaste or give flu shots?

Seriously?
Look you prick. A.R.T., said Congress was unwilling to provide funds. They have the checkbook. I commented that this is typical with contracts. If you want something you pay for it.

Strange...our detainment centers that are now your blob’s death camps are open. Someone must have funded them fuck face.
Simple solution to all of it. Tell them to keep the children in their home countries and quit compromising them by trying to bring them or sending then into our country illegally.

Again...the kids have no choice in this. Treating children worse than a dog is a choice you support. What the fuck is wrong with you?
then why do the parents drag through deserts and starve them, and keep water from them? that seems fking awful extreme conditions to take a child in. And you give them the break. that makes you stupid.

Look you prick. A.R.T., said Congress was unwilling to provide funds. They have the checkbook. I commented that this is typical with contracts. If you want something you pay for it.

Strange...our detainment centers that are now your blob’s death camps are open. Someone must have funded them fuck face.
Simple solution to all of it. Tell them to keep the children in their home countries and quit compromising them by trying to bring them or sending then into our country illegally.

Again...the kids have no choice in this. Treating children worse than a dog is a choice you support. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Look you lil prick. My dogs eat the same food I eat and sleep in my house. They came to live at my house by invitation or were born here at my house. Illegals knew the risk of being detained and locked up when they started coming in illegals. Keep your children in your home country if you don't want them locked up like criminals. You are not doing anything other than insuring everyone knows what a prick you really are. We are not obligated to build houses for illegal aliens and we do not have to make sure that their children are kept in foster homes here either. Keep them where they belong and deport ASAP.

Actually criminals get soap and toothpaste.

Only in your blob’s death camps do you find jailers not humane enough to give necessities to kids—who committed no crime.

Why you support such measures reveals that you have serious mental problems
ohhhh the drama, the shame.......game, way to start the day!!!

Look you lil prick. My dogs eat the same food I eat and sleep in my house. They came to live at my house by invitation or were born here at my house. Illegals knew the risk of being detained and locked up when they started coming in illegals. Keep your children in your home country if you don't want them locked up like criminals. You are not doing anything other than insuring everyone knows what a prick you really are. We are not obligated to build houses for illegal aliens and we do not have to make sure that their children are kept in foster homes here either. Keep them where they belong and deport ASAP.
Does your Lord and savior Jesus Christ, support this position of yours? Is this what Christ would say or want your inner soul be filled with? vitriol? hatred? selfishness?

I have to ask, who is your God?
sure, why wouldn't he? you know something?

Does your Lord and savior Jesus Christ, support this position of yours? Is this what Christ would say or want your inner soul be filled with? vitriol? hatred? selfishness?

Jesus evens calls the pricks what they are. I have no reason to placate your demons and devils or anyone else's.

You sound ashamed of yourself. You should be. Seriously, all politics aside...what in the fuck is wrong with you?
how so, still playing the shame....game eh? how does god think about it? tell us?

PELOSI now?

Got it. And we move on.

I think so!!!
Okay!!!

I get it now!

Trump is responsible for what he does and says, so are obama, clinton, pelosi, bernie, crazy biden, schumer, the idiots on CNN, the idiots on the view, and everyone of the members of the dem candidate clown show.

I'll take record low unemployment numbers, a strong military, playing hard ball with china, NK, and the EU over obozo and his pussy incompetent attempts any day.

Jesus evens calls the pricks what they are. I have no reason to placate your demons and devils or anyone else's.

You sound ashamed of yourself. You should be. Seriously, all politics aside...what in the fuck is wrong with you?
Quit being such a dreamer. It does not bother me to deport illegals. Nor does it bother me that our citizens safety and well being needs are to be met first and foremost. Now take your lil prickish demons for a good long walk and quit bothering me with your ignorant accusations.
you're trying to talk to someone that doesn't see big pictures. he doesn't realize that 300 million matter more than the 1. He'd fk up the 300 million. It's who he is. obammycare anyone? Cause that was that program.

Quit being such a dreamer. It does not bother me to deport illegals. Nor does it bother me that our citizens safety and well being needs are to be met first and foremost. Now take your lil prickish demons for a good long walk and quit bothering me with your ignorant accusations.

Deporting is great. I’m all for it.

Denying a child soap and toothpaste while you do it is nothing short of barbaric

Your cheering it has caused you shame, as it should.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?
how do you know they are being denied it btw?

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
You should know better than to C&P someone else's work product without giving them credit.
It's called plagiarism. Ask Joe Biden.

PELOSI now?

Got it. And we move on.

I think so!!!
Okay!!!

I get it now!

You blamed BONOBO's problems with his failed economy on Bush for years!

PELOSI now?

Got it. And we move on.

I think so!!!
Okay!!!

I get it now!

You blamed BONOBO's problems with his failed economy on Bush for years!
His failed economy? He was digging us out of the greatest financial meltdown since the Great Depression.

Did you know that it took us several years to dig out of the effects of the Great Depression too? Really, that's not fake news.

Obama did the only thing he could do: He let the Fed spend us out of it.

You guys sure are putting a lot of effort into deflecting away from Trump's presidency here.

Thanks Mac for your analysis.

My problem with China stealing technology from our tech companies, is that why is this our gvts problem? The tech companies left the U.S. to manufacture there... if they don't like it and can't control it.... they can leave.

Isn't that their cost, of doing business there? They can pick up and leave...

While Lobstermen here and farmers here spent their own business' s money cultivating good business relationships for their own industry are the ones being hurt
Well, the tech-stealing problem is wider and deeper than the location of our businesses. When they steal our tech, they dilute its global value, and that's a direct financial assault on our businesses. I can see a President defending our businesses and trying to stop this, but (a) I don't know how the hell this can be fixed when they're just not going to play fair, and (b) the only way Trump knows to address a problem is to beat on it with a club.

So the tariff situation can be "fixed", but I don't know what to do about tech theft overall.
"I don't know" is the laudable response. You truly do speak for the majority. By discussing the ownership of "gvts" and "businesses" as though equivalent. It's all just "our" stuff, right? Exxon, Springfield Township, WalMart, etc. No wonder we appear so fucked.
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there, but I do think there are times when the best interests of both government and business are intertwined.
Oh my, sure you wanna venture so far out on that limb! "When they steal our tech, they dilute its global value, and that's a direct financial assault on our businesses." Try this instead for a change: When these multinational corporations (ie stateless... not "ours" in any genuine sense) moved THEIR manufacturing (ie, our jobs) to a place with cheaper labor and purely for profit,.. what did you expect those new workers to do.. just sit around with their thumbs up their asses?

How do others steal "our tech" from within their own country? How did it get there? How was it ever really "ours" to begin with? How much in royalties have you personally lost as a result?

"a direct financial assault on our businesses" - Which are "ours"? How do you know?
I still don't know what you're trying to say here.

Maybe just make a clear point.
Oh, I dunno. Try just sticking with "I don't know" next time you feel the urge to type "our tech" or "our businesses".. Means nothing anymore, ya know? Global economy, right? And private ownership means exactly that. Public ownership in terms of stock only has meaning for billionaires. No one else has any real say. They vastly control our govts, but the key distinction remains. Govt is supposed to be accountable to us because we do supposedly own it. These days, we have no say over or allegiance to corporations no matter where they are. So we best start getting it right when it comes to govt..

Much to your dismay right comrade?
Go fuck yourself you leftist bigot. Trump is doing a good job, and if that sociopath hag you supported had won, we'd be in the 11th year of the longest recession ever.
Powerful, impressive stuff there.

Perhaps you can point out some specific areas of disagreement.

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable answer? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

By the way, why is there no link? I suspect the link would reveal the not so reasonable origins of the author....
It's not an article, there is no link, that's just me.
BULLSHIT!
You C&Ped a hit piece on Trump then pulled a Joe Biden by changing a few words.
OR you swallowed a pill that improved your english grammar by 1000%

you're trying to talk to someone that doesn't see big pictures. he doesn't realize that 300 million matter more than the 1. He'd fk up the 300 million. It's who he is. obammycare anyone? Cause that was that program.
The ACA wasn't supposed to work.
That didn't stop Obama from spending over a trillion dollars on it.
The ultimate goal always was single-player.

Much to your dismay right comrade?
Go fuck yourself you leftist bigot. Trump is doing a good job, and if that sociopath hag you supported had won, we'd be in the 11th year of the longest recession ever.
Powerful, impressive stuff there.

Perhaps you can point out some specific areas of disagreement.

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable answer? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

By the way, why is there no link? I suspect the link would reveal the not so reasonable origins of the author....
It's not an article, there is no link, that's just me.
BULLSHIT!
You C&Ped a hit piece on Trump then pulled a Joe Biden by changing a few words.
OR you swallowed a pill that improved your english grammar by 1000%
Wow, thanks.

This just gets better.

Forum List

Back