At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.

I am sick to death of people calling Trump a racist. No racist would date a black woman for 2 years and ask Oprah to run as his VP, which Trump did.

I have stated on more than one occasion that every Republican President or candidate for President has been portrayed by the Democrats and their Left wing tools in the press as a racist. Do you believe that as well?

Trump said that there were good people on both sides in the protests in Charlottesville, which is used by evidence by the Left to say he is a racist. However, Trump was not talking about the Nazi types that were there along with the other protesters, and even later came out and clarified this fact as he condemned the neo-Nazis. But does the press report this or give a damn? Nope, they just continue to write lies about him like they lied about Trump banning all Muslims. His Executive Order did not ban all Muslims, in fact, over 90% of Muslims could still come to the US with the ban in place. Trump was just targeting Islamic countries like Obama had also done in the past.

What you see before you is a massive smear job on the President. Just get news sources to spew Orange man is a bad racist 24/7 and people will start to believe it. In the interim, it does not matter what Trump does or says after that, no matter how he may and does condemn these Nazi types.

What the press is doing now is giving these neo-Nazi types a false impression that Trump is on their side, and that there is more support for them than there is, which gives them courage to rise up and act out. In short, the press is driving this crap, not Trump.

Hyper-triggered. One of ol' Mac's better threads.
No......you threw a hanging curveball in our wheelhouse and we simply knocked it out of the park.
Boy, that's for sure. You Trumpsters are just too darn smart for me.

Hey, by the way, it looks like you didn't answer my specific questions regarding how wrong the OP is. I'm sure it was an honest oversight. Here you go:

So the economy is not at 2.1% GDP? The deficit is dropping like a rock? China is our pet now? North Korea has thrown in the towel? The world thinks we're the coolest? People of all races are huddled around Trump singing and holding hands?

Just to confirm. Thanks in advance.

Where can we find all the rants of Mac condemning Obama's 2% GDP numbers?

united-states-gdp-growth.png

US GDP Growth Slows Less than Forecast in Q2
The US economy grew by an annualized 2.1 percent in the second quarter of 2019, beating market expectations of 1.8 percent and following a 3.1 percent expansion in the previous three-month period, the advance estimate showed. Household consumption and government spending increased at faster rates, while a slump in exports and a smaller inventory build made a negative contribution to growth.

The blip we are seeing nothing out of ordinary. There is absolutely no content to the OP.
Deflection noted. You guys STILL can't refute my five points.

Once again: Obama took over the most complicated financial disaster since the Great Depression. It took over ten years to recover from the Great Depression, does talk radio cover that for you?

Oh, and again, deflection noted.

No......you threw a hanging curveball in our wheelhouse and we simply knocked it out of the park.

Hey, by the way, it looks like you didn't answer my specific questions regarding how wrong the OP is. I'm sure it was an honest oversight. Here you go:

So the economy is not at 2.1% GDP? The deficit is dropping like a rock? China is our pet now? North Korea has thrown in the towel? The world thinks we're the coolest? People of all races are huddled around Trump singing and holding hands?

Again....I remember when the media had orgasms over anything near 2 growth.

And trying to ignore the criminal neglect by previous administrations is extremely disingenuous.
I made five (5) specific points.

Show me where I'm wrong. Knock it over the fence again.

Let's go. This is getting boring.
Already done.
I just didn't give you the answers you wanted with references and bibliography pages included.....
Ah, okay, thanks.

Again....I remember when the media had orgasms over anything near 2 growth.

And trying to ignore the criminal neglect by previous administrations is extremely disingenuous.
I made five (5) specific points.

Show me where I'm wrong. Knock it over the fence again.

Let's go. This is getting boring.
Already done.
I just didn't give you the answers you wanted with references and bibliography pages included.....
Ah, okay, thanks.
CEA's Kevin Hassett discusses the economy

Okay!!!

Trump is not responsible for the Trump presidency!

I get it now!

THIS THREAD MUST BE DESTROYED
You blamed BONOBO's problems with his failed economy on Bush for years!
His failed economy? He was digging us out of the greatest financial meltdown since the Great Depression.

Did you know that it took us several years to dig out of the effects of the Great Depression too? Really, that's not fake news.

Obama did the only thing he could do: He let the Fed spend us out of it.

You guys sure are putting a lot of effort into deflecting away from Trump's presidency here.
Did he say anything that contradicts what I have said?
Hassett PROVED with FACTS that by every indicator the BONOBO economy was tanking until Trump took over.
Hassett laid all the FACTS on the table at a White house briefing. I have NEVER seen a bunch of more downhearted LIB 'journalists'. After Hassett finished they all sat there staring at their shiny loafers. Not ONE of them had a SINGLE question to counter what Hassett showed them.......and the word.
They went away shaking their heads in dismay looking for the nearest bar.
It was hilarious to watch.
Not even the peacock Acosta said anything.
Every indicator? Really?

So unemployment was increasing?

The reality is Trump is a flawed man and is a mess but some of the things you wrote about, well one I believe is something he is correct on.

I will say it again I am not a Trump fanboy but he has not destroyed the country or world like many have believed he would and I am one that believed he would...

We now live in a nation where the federal authorities had to be ordered by a judge to provide toothbrushes to children in their custody. They didn’t want to give kids a way to brush their teeth.

Judges Rule Detained Migrant Children Entitled to Soap, Toothpaste

Really, let that sink in. You support a man who thinks that kids shouldn’t be entitled to soap and toothpaste while in custody of our federal authorities.

And now, it has come out that the same kids will not get the flu shot while in your blob’s care and custody.

3 migrant children have died from flu in custody, but US won't provide vaccines

So as more kids are put into the cage…some may have the flu…those already there are now susceptible to catching it, spreading it, dying from it.

And you’re going to vote for this piece of shit?
You should be more specific. They didn't just die of flu and if they are given vaccines and die or are injured from the vaccines due to their already compromised health before they were brought into the country illegally there is also a liability in that.

Autopsy Offers Jarring New Details About the Death of a 16-Year-Old Guatemalan Boy

\

Not really sure why it’s hard to see the point….

We are detaining kids and denying them vaccines that would prevent their getting sick when we bring in more kids who may be infected with influenza which is a deadly disease….

Up until recently, we were also denying kids soap and toothpaste.

Anyone who supports the blob at this point has a sadistic streak in them .
They are dealing with children that should not have been brought here in the first place. That illegal entry is where the problem starts.

First they have to determine who is actually the parent and the parent needs to give consent for vaccines to be given. Simply insure they stay in their own countries and apply to enter legally, problem solved.

Forcing all illegally entered children to be subjected to the side effects of vaccines would be a travesty too. Perhaps you believe in human experimentation but not everyone agrees with you. Those children that died had other underlying health issues. You can't just give a vaccine and claim it will all be good. Sepsis is a deadly disease, so are many other diseases and unknown parasites, etc. cause medical complications that these people are coming in with. Those issues should all have to be addressed before any vaccine could be given and that needs to be done when they get back to their country of origin. Best possible solution when they came illegally is a more expedient deportation process to get them back to their home countries where they belong.

And the justification for not allowing toothpaste is what exactly?
A waste of Tax payer money. If you want the invaders to have toothpaste donate to a charity that provides toothpaste. Pack these children up and send them back to wherever they came from.

Hassett PROVED with FACTS that by every indicator the BONOBO economy was tanking until Trump took over.
Hassett laid all the FACTS on the table at a White house briefing. I have NEVER seen a bunch of more downhearted LIB 'journalists'. After Hassett finished they all sat there staring at their shiny loafers. Not ONE of them had a SINGLE question to counter what Hassett showed them.......and the word.
They went away shaking their heads in dismay looking for the nearest bar.
It was hilarious to watch.
Not even the peacock Acosta said anything.

The US economy grew by an annualized 2.1 percent in the second quarter of 2019, beating market expectations of 1.8 percent and following a 3.1 percent expansion in the previous three-month period, the advance estimate showed. Household consumption and government spending increased at faster rates, while a slump in exports and a smaller inventory build made a negative contribution to growth.

The blip we are seeing nothing out of ordinary. There is absolutely no content to the OP.

Once again: Obama took over the most complicated financial disaster since the Great Depression. It took over ten years to recover from the Great Depression, does talk radio cover that for you?

That was not deflection, that was your point being refuted entirely. The small blip tells us NOTHING AT ALL. Even Obama's LARGE blips told us NOTHING AT ALL. This is because a SINGLE OBSERVATION IS NOT A TREND.

Now the response, that will be deflection. You go on as if nothing was refuted in typical Mac fashion.

If the economy did not get better under Trump, why is Obama and the democrats trying to take credit for it?

Hmm?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/09/us/politics/trump-obama-economy.html

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.

I am sick to death of people calling Trump a racist. No racist would date a black woman for 2 years and ask Oprah to run as his VP, which Trump did.

I have stated on more than one occasion that every Republican President or candidate for President has been portrayed by the Democrats and their Left wing tools in the press as a racist. Do you believe that as well?

Trump said that there were good people on both sides in the protests in Charlottesville, which is used by evidence by the Left to say he is a racist. However, Trump was not talking about the Nazi types that were there along with the other protesters, and even later came out and clarified this fact as he condemned the neo-Nazis. But does the press report this or give a damn? Nope, they just continue to write lies about him like they lied about Trump banning all Muslims. His Executive Order did not ban all Muslims, in fact, over 90% of Muslims could still come to the US with the ban in place. Trump was just targeting Islamic countries like Obama had also done in the past.

What you see before you is a massive smear job on the President. Just get news sources to spew Orange man is a bad racist 24/7 and people will start to believe it. In the interim, it does not matter what Trump does or says after that, no matter how he may and does condemn these Nazi types.

What the press is doing now is giving these neo-Nazi types a false impression that Trump is on their side, and that there is more support for them than there is, which gives them courage to rise up and act out. In short, the press is driving this crap, not Trump.
I didn't call Trump a racist.

If the economy did not get better under Trump, why is Obama and the democrats trying to take credit for it?

Hmm?

Trump Claims Credit for the Economy. Not So Fast, Says Obama.
Some of it is a continuation of former years (as are all economies) and some of it is bullshit partisan politics.

Easiest question I'll get all day.

:auiqs.jpg:hanging with himself, it's hilarious :auiqs.jpg:

Hmm?

Some of it is a continuation of former years (as are all economies) and some of it is bullshit partisan politics.

And some of it may be that they don't buy that the economy is so terrible.

Sure it may be in the future. But right now it isn't, it's quite good considering the situation. So there goes your point.

Hmm?

Sure it may be in the future. But right now it isn't, it's quite good considering the situation. So there goes your point.
The economy is not at all terrible. Not even close.

Yet another fabrication of my opinion.

Keep going.

Hmm?

The economy is not at all terrible. Not even close.

Yet another fabrication of my opinion.

Keep going.
I quoted your supposed piece in an earlier post. you still haven't explained that.

:auiqs.jpg:hanging with himself, it's hilarious :auiqs.jpg:

Like Epstein?

He completely missed that the point wasn't to compare to Obama. The point was that the methodology he is using to conclude that the economy is somehow bad is ludicrously stupid and does not even work, as he would have had to call the end 10 times in the past 10 years.

Always a good sign when folks try to argue over stuff I didn't say.
you posted the OP, it's not your say!! That is all talking points of the left. We know!!!
The quote function works just fine here. When you claim I have said something, just quote me.

That should be easy enough for you.

Forum List

Back