At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

No matter what you post, what Trump has done for America thus far is multitudes better than the destruction wrought by his predecessor Obama and categorically better than anything Hillary would have done.

He may not be "ideal", but the criticism is misplaced at best.

Finally, it's hard to blame Mr. Trump when your Leftist judges continually run the country from the bench. Seems we have a gallery of Presidents at this point thanks to Leftist obstructionism.

That said, "All that is required for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

So blame is deserved on both sides.
What destruction did President Obama perpetrate? What is it you think Clinton would have done? Can you point to specifics or are you just spouting crap you've been told to repeat?
Don't know about him, but Obama went from Yes we can to no you can't. Clinton would have allowed open borders-when she said that I changed my vote from her to Trump.
Except that she never said that. That was some of that fake news that the Russians didn't make and you didn't believe.
Sorry, I SAW and HEARD her-that's when I changed my vote!
Please post up video or at least direct quotes of this.

I'll wait.
Take my word-its better than doctored video or animal sex

The post is proof that anger and incoherent disappointment has clouded any sense of historic perspective on the left. How did the first 2 1/2 years go for Obama? Lefties should be rooting for the President in the trade wars but instead they have become stooges for foreign agents because they were disappointed about the election.

Always a good sign when folks try to argue over stuff I didn't say.
Your OP was based off of numerous false assumptions and the answers were in line with reality rather than media spin.

For one thing 2.1 GDP isn't bad in a strong economy. Constant uncontrolled growth usually leads to a bubble which can burst. However, radical changes such as growth and contraction is an indication of a volatile economy.

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
After 8 years of the Obama Administration taking businesses to court, harassing conservatives with the IRS, spying on private citizens by the White House, giving technology and paying billions in reparations to our enemies, along with throwing people in jail for being critics, you think the presidency is in a bad place now????
Yes. And I provided specific examples.

"But Obama" would be a weak retort.
Actually it's a strong retort. Comparing the two administrations tends to cancel out alot of complaints being made against the current one. Especially when you take into consideration that Congress refuses to cooperate in any shape or form with Trump. Most of the problems begin with this refusal to do what is best for the people of THIS country in favor of generating a new constituency thru human - trafficking.
And the GOP Congress refused to cooperate with Obama.

My examples are all Trump-specific, all of them. We can pretend they are not, we can try to change the subject, but that would be lying.

totally wrong, obama shut them out, refused to talk with them, remember "we won" and "republicans need to go to the back of the bus" ?

the refusal to negotiate and compromise was coming from the dictator wannabe obozo the great.

your grasp of recent history is amazingly lacking.
You've kinda got that backwards. I mean yes, something similar to that was said, but you got the order backwards. That sentiment was expressed after years of republican obstructionism and leaks about how they determined to block every single Obama initiative even if they thought it was a good idea and secret back room meetings on inauguration night.

Deflection noted. You guys STILL can't refute my five points.

Once again: Obama took over the most complicated financial disaster since the Great Depression. It took over ten years to recover from the Great Depression, does talk radio cover that for you?

Oh, and again, deflection noted.
:auiqs.jpg:hanging with himself, it's hilarious :auiqs.jpg:

Like Epstein?

He completely missed that the point wasn't to compare to Obama. The point was that the methodology he is using to conclude that the economy is somehow bad is ludicrously stupid and does not work.
And again.

The economy is not bad. Not at all. You just made that up.

What's wrong with you people?
you still don't understand how language works.
What, just make up stuff as you go?

I'm sure that keeps things real simple 'n stuff, but it's not terribly honest.
I have heard arguments both ways. I still say YOUR personal take is the most important. Yeah, the economy under LBJ was good but the threat of the draft and you could not vote on it till you were 21 lowered the feeling of well being. For me now, the feeling of well being for me and others I know is here.

China has been using questionable trade tactics for years, hijacking American business.

And Trump is the bully? Do these leftist morons always root with any other possible nation than America, regardless of their activities?
Trump thinks he can keep upping tariffs & force China to yield.

He could give a rat's ass as to the damage to American Farmers, American manufacturing or the American people.

How fucking stupid are you if your success would mean the destruction of your customer's economy?
China relies on slave labor to get products to their biggest market in their economy, The United States.

When you have such a huge trade deficit, with a country like that, we can hurt them 10 times as much per every dollar of tariff, than they can hurt us.

We could literally destroy China and it's economy without firing a shot.

Hong Kong Protests will look like a day at the County Fair if we decide to do that, and China knows it.

We owe them over a trillion dollars. At any moment we could tell them to go fuck themselves and not pay the debt. Possibly what we should do given all we got for this is bunch of cheap consumer goods in exchange for destruction of our companies.

No matter what you post, what Trump has done for America thus far is multitudes better than the destruction wrought by his predecessor Obama and categorically better than anything Hillary would have done.

He may not be "ideal", but the criticism is misplaced at best.

Finally, it's hard to blame Mr. Trump when your Leftist judges continually run the country from the bench. Seems we have a gallery of Presidents at this point thanks to Leftist obstructionism.

That said, "All that is required for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

So blame is deserved on both sides.
What destruction did President Obama perpetrate? What is it you think Clinton would have done? Can you point to specifics or are you just spouting crap you've been told to repeat?
Don't know about him, but Obama went from Yes we can to no you can't. Clinton would have allowed open borders-when she said that I changed my vote from her to Trump.
Except that she never said that. That was some of that fake news that the Russians didn't make and you didn't believe.
Sorry, I SAW and HEARD her-that's when I changed my vote!
Please post up video or at least direct quotes of this.

I'll wait.
Clinton admitted she's for 'open borders' in paid, private speech: WikiLeaks I can't do links so I copy and paste.

That we agree with his economic position, immigration, the trade and taking back what is ours. What you posted are the left talking points even down to race. Fk dude, don’t you have your own opinions?
Well, I do love irony from obedient Trumpsters.

Issues you agree with, and what is actually happening, are two different things. I guess you don't understand that.

If you can't understand something that elementary, there's nothing else I can say.

You might not like it, but its a two party system.

Does President Trump have all of the answers? Of course not.

But the alternative is a dim bulb like Sleepy Joe or Mayor Petey who knows a whole lot less and whose plan is the New Green Deal written by a bartender in the Bronx.

I don't see the Democrat Plan as doing anything but destroying the US economy, especially among minorities and those in Flyover country.
I just made a few points, with specifics. No one has refuted them.

I also expressed hope that things will improve, with specifics. And they might.

So we'll see.
No you didn’t, you posted a bunch of talking points with nothing but conjecture. Is unemployment lowest in 60 years yes or no? Let’s start there
Yes it is. Unfortunately, it's not driving either growth or inflation. Treasury yields have crashed. The Fed is having to drop rates to deal with weakness. Consumer and corporate debt are getting high. Markets are nervous and expecting further cuts, like 50bps.

This is my profession. If you want to try this, you'll have to do better than talk radio platitudes and simplistic data.

Go ahead.

Manufacturing has contracted for the first time in nearly a decade.

Manufacturing sector contracts for the first time in nearly a decade

Housing starts are down for a third straight month.

U.S. housing market mired in weakness; consumer sentiment ebbs - Reuters

This isn't good and are very big red flags.

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment.
Your TDS affliction aside, what is preventing you from being in a "good place"?
I know: Criticize Trump, it must be TDS.

I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about the presidency.

You guys refuse to address what I actually say. Good.

Issues you agree with, and what is actually happening, are two different things. I guess you don't understand that.

If you can't understand something that elementary, there's nothing else I can say.

But the alternative is a dim bulb like Sleepy Joe or Mayor Petey who knows a whole lot less and whose plan is the New Green Deal written by a bartender in the Bronx.

I don't see the Democrat Plan as doing anything but destroying the US economy, especially among minorities and those in Flyover country.

So we'll see.
No you didn’t, you posted a bunch of talking points with nothing but conjecture. Is unemployment lowest in 60 years yes or no? Let’s start there
Yes it is. Unfortunately, it's not driving either growth or inflation. Treasury yields have crashed. The Fed is having to drop rates to deal with weakness. Consumer and corporate debt are getting high. Markets are nervous and expecting further cuts, like 50bps.

This is my profession. If you want to try this, you'll have to do better than talk radio platitudes and simplistic data.

Go ahead.

Relax-I have seen much worse come out OK.

Your OP was based off of numerous false assumptions and the answers were in line with reality rather than media spin.

For one thing 2.1 GDP isn't bad in a strong economy. Constant uncontrolled growth usually leads to a bubble which can burst. However, radical changes such as growth and contraction is an indication of a volatile economy.
So, after Trump's predictions and promises of much higher growth, you're okay with a 2.1% GDP. That's bad during the Obama years, but just peachy now.

Well, no surprise there.

Okay, and the other four points?

So we'll see.

Go ahead.

PHAKE NOOZ

So we'll see.

Go ahead.

PHAKE NOOZ
It seems you are playing for both teams?

So we'll see.

Go ahead.

PHAKE NOOZ
It seems you are playing for both teams?
I have no use for either team.

And some of it may be that they don't buy that the economy is so terrible.

Sure it may be in the future. But right now it isn't, it's quite good considering the situation. So there goes your point.
The economy is not at all terrible. Not even close.

Yet another fabrication of my opinion.

Keep going.
I quoted your supposed piece in an earlier post. you still haven't explained that.
Which one, precisely? I'll be happy to respond.
QUOTE="jc456, post: 22983789, member: 46512"]
If you think your words have no meaning then you posted nonsense as I originally posted
My points are clear and specific. They speak for themselves, and they don't need you to fabricate anything that I don't intend to say.

The fact that I can't get any of you to address them specifically and clearly tells me that I've nailed it once again.
And yet you implied the economy tanking
You just keep trying this. I pointed out where the economy IS RIGHT NOW. I made no projections. Not one.

If this is beyond you, just don't read the thread.
What does this mean then?

we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that

You don’t even know what you wrote
Yes, GDP was down from the 3.1% prior period reading. That doesn't mean that it was negative growth, it means that it was down. Slower positive growth.

It might be up the next period. Here's hoping.

Is this really that difficult for you to understand? Are you really trying to make a point with that?
not for me at all. I'm not concerned at all about the economy. Haven't been since January 2017. Yet you posted concerns. it's amazing you don't recognize what you said.

China has been using questionable trade tactics for years, hijacking American business.

And Trump is the bully? Do these leftist morons always root with any other possible nation than America, regardless of their activities?
Trump thinks he can keep upping tariffs & force China to yield.

He could give a rat's ass as to the damage to American Farmers, American manufacturing or the American people.

How fucking stupid are you if your success would mean the destruction of your customer's economy?
so why isn't China coming to the table if that is all true? why aren't you asking that question, you anti american hack.

The economy is not at all terrible. Not even close.

Yet another fabrication of my opinion.

Keep going.
I quoted your supposed piece in an earlier post. you still haven't explained that.
My points are clear and specific. They speak for themselves, and they don't need you to fabricate anything that I don't intend to say.

The fact that I can't get any of you to address them specifically and clearly tells me that I've nailed it once again.
You just keep trying this. I pointed out where the economy IS RIGHT NOW. I made no projections. Not one.

we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that

Yes, GDP was down from the 3.1% prior period reading. That doesn't mean that it was negative growth, it means that it was down. Slower positive growth.

Is this really that difficult for you to understand? Are you really trying to make a point with that?
not for me at all. I'm not concerned at all about the economy. Haven't been since January 2017. Yet you posted concerns. it's amazing you don't recognize what you said.
I suspect it was a wee bit too complicated for you.

And if you're "not concerned at all about the economy", you live in a world of willful ignorance. There are ALWAYS conflicting data.

I suspect it was a wee bit too complicated for you.

And if you're "not concerned at all about the economy", you live in a world of willful ignorance. There are ALWAYS conflicting data.
what is it I can do about the economy as an individual? it seems you feel you have some guru magic you could spin. too fking funny. maybe your message was too stupid to decipher they way you intended it then. but fk, why would you take any of the onus?

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
I think this is a reasonable assessment. I don't necessarily agree with some of it, but it is a fair take. It's a refreshing change from the "TRUMP IS A PSYCHO WHO WILL DESTROY THE WORLD, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES" take.
:laugh:
:beer:

Courts
While I don't like the Jesus Nazi appointments to the Courts, they do tend to be more constitutionalists and understand the role of the court. They understand the process for changing the constitution and do not abuse their office in legislating from the bench...AS MUCH (they still do and we must get that under control).

Wall
No one of reason believes that we need a 2,000 mile wall. But, we do need a barrier here:
NeedsAWall.gif

Because it is really close to here:
SouthernBorderProx.gif

Racism
Racism does still exist. There have been racist actions in the past that have solely benefited white people. That is unquestionable. The problem lies in what we do to correct it and how it is relayed to the public. It must be a "unity" message, rather than a blame message.

International Relations
I don't think we have really had a whole lot of "friends" in the world. I think we have overextended ourselves and our "allies" benefit from our financial support for their defense, which is unilateral. But, there is no need to go around pissing on everyone and making enemies.

Otherwise...:beer:

So, after Trump's predictions and promises of much higher growth, you're okay with a 2.1% GDP. That's bad during the Obama years, but just peachy now.

Well, no surprise there.

Okay, and the other four points?

How is it supposed to go higher?

Forum List

Back