Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

You haven't understood a word I've said yet so I'm showing you what Carl Sagan and Mark Twain have to say. Now you want me to go back to my own thoughts which you don't understand? Forget it.

If you don't like my thoughts or Sagan's or Twain's then I think your goal is to just frustrate us into leaving this forum.

Talking to you is the intellectual dead end.
Let's try listening to a reasonable, intelligent atheist explain why you're having this problem with communication. Maybe he can be a model for how your arguments should be constructed, but only if you want them to be compelling and interesting arguments.

I think it is you that should listen to him. Not once have I've seen Sam Harris degrade his opponents. You have instigated this several times here.

While completely failing to notice all the personal investive hurled from the other side. Congratulations, you are in full possession of an atheistic sense of moral relativism.
I don't remember anyone else resorting to tell others to follow a model of communication of how arguments should be conducted whilst ignoring it themselves.

It doesn't matter what you say you remember. All anyone needs to do is read..

Yet you cannot provide evidence of this. I can and already have.

Let's try listening to a reasonable, intelligent atheist explain why you're having this problem with communication. Maybe he can be a model for how your arguments should be constructed, but only if you want them to be compelling and interesting arguments.

I think it is you that should listen to him. Not once have I've seen Sam Harris degrade his opponents. You have instigated this several times here.

While completely failing to notice all the personal investive hurled from the other side. Congratulations, you are in full possession of an atheistic sense of moral relativism.
I don't remember anyone else resorting to tell others to follow a model of communication of how arguments should be conducted whilst ignoring it themselves.

Point of Order....Your Honor. You haven't bothered to read the thread.

Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

Yes I'm dumber than the sheep who believe because they want to believe, have been threatened with hell and have been brainwashed since birth.

If you were raised on an island by people who didn't believe in God what age do you think you would come up with the God concept? I don't think God is something that is naturally concluded. You may contemplate a creator but at what point would you decide a heaven was logical and not wishful thinking?

In fact the person raised by non religious people might not even give this any thought. They might instead focus all their energy on living and learning things that are knowable.

You'd better stick to things that are knowable. The unknowable frightens atheists.

Wrong! Im not afraid of death or hell you are. I laugh at such nonsense and go about living my life.

Now you can come up with reasons why you think I don't believe or why I deny God exists but you'll probably miss the mark. It's not Satan, im not angry and Its not because I want to be able to live in sin without consequences. I think belief holds us back, makes us dumb and is how they control us. I think it's made up.

So maybe, just maybe, I don't believe because it isn't true

Of course you are afraid of death. Normalization of deviance eventually leads to predictable surprises.

Dumb is spending your workday blogging from work. Predictable surprises await.

Of course I'm not afraid of death. Because there is nothing to be afraid of. Are you afraid of death?

And how about those theoretical physics you keep referring to. Have you seen a parallel universe lately? You must have because how could they be possible otherwise.

I think I know what kind of atheists these people are. The slow witted kind.

Do you not agree that America as a whole is pretty stupid?

It certainly is an effective tactic for shutting down dissenting opinions.

I welcome dissenting opinions. What I loathe is idiotic responses and personal jabs when the subject of debate is no longer relevant.

I'm sure you welcome dissenting opinions you agree with.

Yes I'm dumber than the sheep who believe because they want to believe, have been threatened with hell and have been brainwashed since birth.

If you were raised on an island by people who didn't believe in God what age do you think you would come up with the God concept? I don't think God is something that is naturally concluded. You may contemplate a creator but at what point would you decide a heaven was logical and not wishful thinking?

In fact the person raised by non religious people might not even give this any thought. They might instead focus all their energy on living and learning things that are knowable.
You'd better stick to things that are knowable. The unknowable frightens atheists.
Wrong! Im not afraid of death or hell you are. I laugh at such nonsense and go about living my life.

Now you can come up with reasons why you think I don't believe or why I deny God exists but you'll probably miss the mark. It's not Satan, im not angry and Its not because I want to be able to live in sin without consequences. I think belief holds us back, makes us dumb and is how they control us. I think it's made up.

Of course you are afraid of death. Normalization of deviance eventually leads to predictable surprises.

Of course I'm not afraid of death. Because there is nothing to be afraid of. Are you afraid of death?

And how about those theoretical physics you keep referring to. Have you seen a parallel universe lately? You must have because how could they be possible otherwise.

You really don't think these things through, do you?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Feel free to elaborate professor. This should be good.

Nah. I'm having more fun watching you expose your ignorance. By all means, don't let me stop you.

Nah. I'm having more fun watching you expose your ignorance. By all means, don't let me stop you.

You must be busy observing a parallel universe right now. Sorry to bother you, do carry on.

I believe some of these people must have somehow crossed over from a parallel universe where thinking isn't encouraged.
You must tell us how you managed it, sometime...

What do you mean? It can't exist if you didn't know about it. Right?
You're the one talking about stupidworld. I thought, based on your posts, you we're telling us all where you're from.

I believe some of these people must have somehow crossed over from a parallel universe where thinking isn't encouraged.

You're the one talking about stupidworld. I thought, based on your posts, you we're telling us all where you're from.

Of course if parallel universes don't exist, and mainstream theoretical physics are bull shit, then there couldn't possibly be anything besides what you see. Someone should let Michio Kaku know about your astounding conclusions.

Of course if parallel universes don't exist, and mainstream theoretical physics are bull shit, then there couldn't possibly be anything besides what you see. Someone should let Michio Kaku know about your astounding conclusions.
Not my conclusions.

Not my conclusions.
Suddenly so neutral. I wonder why?

I think I know what kind of atheists these people are. The slow witted kind.

Do you not agree that America as a whole is pretty stupid?

It certainly is an effective tactic for shutting down dissenting opinions.

I welcome dissenting opinions. What I loathe is idiotic responses and personal jabs when the subject of debate is no longer relevant.

I'm sure you welcome dissenting opinions you agree with.

That is not a dissenting opinion. To be a dissenting opinion it has to differ from mine.

You haven't understood a word I've said yet so I'm showing you what Carl Sagan and Mark Twain have to say. Now you want me to go back to my own thoughts which you don't understand? Forget it.

If you don't like my thoughts or Sagan's or Twain's then I think your goal is to just frustrate us into leaving this forum.

Talking to you is the intellectual dead end.

You still need to provide evidence of your assertion on post #404 about the blind dogmatic faith of Atheists. I challenged you in post #414. All I hear are crickets chirping.

Point of Order....Your Honor. You haven't bothered to read the thread.
Sorry, what post number was that?

Forum List

Back