Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Do you agree, understand and admit that if you grew up on an island and never heard of the idea of god(s), you not believing in god(s) is not a belief?
logical error.....atheism is ignorance, but all ignorance is not atheism........the person on the island would also not be denying the existence of deity.......
You're suffering from the debilitating disease of religious extremism. There is nothing ignorant or illogical about rejecting appeals to superstitious fears.
The important thing is since PostmodernProph is a christian, he is already rejecting appeals to superstitious fears in lieu of all the other gods.

Do you agree, understand and admit that if you grew up on an island and never heard of the idea of god(s), you not believing in god(s) is not a belief?
logical error.....atheism is ignorance, but all ignorance is not atheism........the person on the island would also not be denying the existence of deity.......
You're suffering from the debilitating disease of religious extremism. There is nothing ignorant or illogical about rejecting appeals to superstitious fears.
but there is something ignorant and illogical about saying you are opposed to believing in something without proof while believing in something without proof.......

He'd be agnostic, because he'd see no proof either way for or against a god. The only logical position to hold.
I think no......if he grew up on an island and never heard the idea of god(s) and you asked him if he believed in god(s) he would not say he'd seen no proof either way.....he would say "huh?".......
Exactly. All religious belief is behavior that is a product of cultural and geographic happenstance. Fear based religions such as christianity are learned behaviors.
of course.....which means that all your ancestors were atheists.......

The important thing is since PostmodernProph is a christian, he is already rejecting appeals to superstitious fears in lieu of all the other gods.
did YOU find it difficult to make choices?......

but there is something ignorant and illogical about saying you are opposed to believing in something without proof while believing in something without proof.......
That's why being agnostic is the only logical position to hold, as there is no proof that a god exists, just as there's no proof that a god can't exist.

There is no requirement for "belief" to conclude that your gods were nothing more than reinventions of earlier gods. Unless you can make a case that your gods are any less a human invention to explain phenomenon than the Greek gods, you suffer from the very thing you accuse others of: believing something without proof.

He'd be agnostic, because he'd see no proof either way for or against a god. The only logical position to hold.
I think no......if he grew up on an island and never heard the idea of god(s) and you asked him if he believed in god(s) he would not say he'd seen no proof either way.....he would say "huh?".......
Exactly. All religious belief is behavior that is a product of cultural and geographic happenstance. Fear based religions such as christianity are learned behaviors.
So we're yours, and so are you, relative to belief in the gods of others.

There is no requirement for "belief" to conclude

"concluding" in the absence of proof.....

choosing to believe one thing rather than another is not atheism, it is simply making a choice.......choosing to believe there is no god is atheism.....

So no matter what stupid thing you tell me, if I don't believe you, just because I heard your stupid belief, that makes my skepticism about your belief a belief?

Don't be so stubborn that you can't admit when the other side makes a good point or when you are proven to be wrong. I have a big dick. If you believe me, does that mean that is a "belief"? A BELIEF? You may believe me but is it something that you would consider "a belief"? Is it also your religion? Do you worship my package?

Also, if you do not believe me, does that mean your skepticism is a belief? So then it's a religion? Do you worship my penis no matter if it's big or small?

That depends on if you are talking about a generic god or Jesus/Mohammad god? There is tons of evidence that the Mohammad/Jesus gods are fake. Unless you can show me a virgin who gets pregnant, people living 350 years, parting water, a boat that carries 2 of every animal, etc.

The world is the way it is. Reality does not bend to our personal whim and facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Our personal belief in something does not automatically make it real or true and, conversely, our lack of understanding of a topic does not make it false.

Until we understand something we “do not know”. Positing a ‘god’ in place of admitting personal ignorance is an unfounded leap which demonstrates a fundamental lack of humility.

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

No evidence against there being a god? Really???

Why there is no god

Why there is no god
What I meant is that there's no proof that a god can't exist. And your link didn't address that view.

What if after you told him the Adam, Eve, Moses, Jesus & Jonah stories and he said you were making it all up, stupid, a liar or crazy?

Would him not believing in this god you talk about make him an atheist? Would him not believing YOU mean this is his religion? Would him not believing you mean this is a belief system he holds?

No No & No.

Remember as far as organized religions go, we are all atheists. I just happen to not believe in one more god than you. If you are a Christian, like me you don't buy the Mohammad bullshit, right? So is your disbelief in Islam a faith you hold? No again.

Now you may be talking about a generic god. If you go on the island and discuss generic god with this person for a year and at the end of the year they don't belief in any god(s), does this mean that is his religion?

You guys can't seem to understand us not believing you is not the same thing as you swallowing a fairy tale your church put in your head. I think your church is corrupt, foolish and stupid but I don't pray about it and us atheists don't get together once a week to discuss how dumb you all are

Why there is no god
What I meant is that there's no proof that a god can't exist. And your link didn't address that view.

Yes it does. No way you could have read through it that fast.

Number 25

Most atheists, including famous ones such as Richard Dawkins, fall into the category of ‘Agnostic Atheism’ – they don’t claim to know with certainty that god does not exist. Conversely, most theists are ‘Gnostic Theists’ – they claim to know with certainty that their particular god exists.
When most atheists say “God does not exist” they are generally speaking in the same manner as when people say “Leprechauns/Santa Claus/Fairies/Unicorns don’t exist” – those things do not appear exist within contextual reality in which we find ourselves but, importantly, the statement is not necessarily an absolute one.

There are, however, gnostic atheists who are certain no god exists and they generally point to logical problems that would arise from said god’s existence or evidence this universe is inconsistent with a god, for example:

See also: The Dragon in my Garage by Carl Sagan.

Without proof? You are telling us stories that scientifically can't be possible and tell us if we don't believe we won't go to heaven in fact we'll go to hell. That heaven and hell stuff might have worked on your but clearly we ain't buying it.

Ok, so the proof we have is your proof sucks. Or can you show me how a virgin can give birth? I didn't think so. Ok moving on...

Anyways, if I told you that I had a $1 sitting in front of me, would you believe me? You would have no reason not to believe me. So you may believe me but you don't really have proof, right????

Ok, so then lets say I tell you I have $1 million dollars sitting in front of me right now. Would you believe me? Why would you not believe me? You have no proof either way, right?

Ok, so we have established that if you tell me something I can believe, I may believe you and not even need any proof. You could be lying but I have no reason to doubt you. But I'm not going to believe something that is unbelievable without proof. Do you have faith I have a million dollars? Is this a belief you hold?

choosing to believe one thing rather than another is not atheism, it is simply making a choice.......choosing to believe there is no god is atheism.....

Choosing to believe there is no god is atheism true.

But it turns out you can be agnostic about a lot of things.

Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims is unknown or unknowable. It is a philosophical position not necessarily tied to god’s existence or non-existence. One can be agnostic about any claim.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

I was reading about Dogma and read this:

As a possible reaction to skepticism, dogmatism is a set of beliefs or doctrines that are established as undoubtedly in truth. They are regarded as (religious) truths relating closely to the nature of faith.

So I'm thinking so far atheism doesn't fit this definition but then I read on to read:

The term "dogmatic" can be used disparagingly to refer to any belief that is held stubbornly, including political and scientific beliefs.

But then again, what are we being stubborn about?

I also read where it included us atheists when it said: atheists, for whom he employs Aristotelian logic and dialectics.

Forum List

Back