Atheism: See Spot Laugh

There is a big difference between teaching religion and teaching about religion. I really don't believe you mean teaching about religion.

That's because you project your wont, lefty. In any event, Meriweather's notion is impractical and would just be another avenue of indoctrination for lefty. I vehemently oppose it. There is only one constitutional solution: universal school choice.

Sounds like a college or private school elective...not something to posit to a Minor.
I see it as educating. One issue that truly bothers me is that not even Noah's Ark is taught properly. There are people who point to it as the foundation for their lack of belief. For me, one who has always lived among atheists, this is a parody of both the person of faith and the atheist. It is flattering to no one.
And sometimes, Cinderella and Snow White are taught improperly. And then if thats the case...the parents who care to... can correct that improper teaching. Same with your beliefs on Noah. Keep it away from my kids, please and thanks, and I'll advise them on Religion according to when and how I find it appropriate.

You're a real leg humper dude. Go boost your self esteem and then watch a william lane craig debate

You are acting triggered, Vlad. Chill out. Sky daddy is watching you, and halloween is just around the corner.

[I see it as educating. One issue that truly bothers me is that not even Noah's Ark is taught properly. There are people who point to it as the foundation for their lack of belief. For me, one who has always lived among atheists, this is a parody of both the person of faith and the atheist. It is flattering to no one.

Who's going to design these courses on religion? From what ideological perspective will they be taught?

You're a real leg humper dude. Go boost your self esteem and then watch a william lane craig debate

You are acting triggered, Vlad. Chill out. Sky daddy is watching you, and halloween is just around the corner.
^^

And this is what his posts look like, when he isn't plagiarizaing others' work.
When he presented the <failed> Kalam, and he first interacted with me...he was bragging about "taking down" Alex O'Connor, on youtube.

Alex O'Connor is a successful youtuber that actually studies philosophy @University and has the nuts to debate in person..

and hes only like 19.

And ringtone's "epic" take down of the 19yr old kid was a wall of TEXT on a youtube discussion board...i.e. the part of youtube that nobody even uses, because theres no "tube"...and alex doesnt even know it exists

these insecure old fags crack me the fuck up

Ive read the text, all or in part, of most of the main Religions and Cult Linguistics is what they're written in.

I dont mean to demean you, but I'm also not going to apologize when I say that if youre a part of one of these Religions, you are in a cult. I can no more feel sorry for believing that...then Id feel sorry for thinking that crossing a busy street without looking both ways is a bad idea.

These books are written with the intent to decieve, and its not appropriate to use public money to fund their endeavors.

They offer PLENTY of private classes in most communities...Church itself is free ...Religious studies is in most colleges...theres no pressing need to teach it to Minors.
My faith is not a cult. The part you do not see are the individual experiences people have that draw them together. The intent is not to deceive, but rather to put into words something that is nearly impossible to describe.

Ive read the text, all or in part, of most of the main Religions and Cult Linguistics is what they're written in.

I dont mean to demean you, but I'm also not going to apologize when I say that if youre a part of one of these Religions, you are in a cult. I can no more feel sorry for believing that...then Id feel sorry for thinking that crossing a busy street without looking both ways is a bad idea.

These books are written with the intent to decieve, and its not appropriate to use public money to fund their endeavors.

They offer PLENTY of private classes in most communities...Church itself is free ...Religious studies is in most colleges...theres no pressing need to teach it to Minors.
My faith is not a cult. The part you do not see are the individual experiences people have that draw them together. The intent is not to deceive, but rather to put into words something that is nearly impossible to describe.
I respect your freedom to have your own point of view...teach it to your own kids...I just dont condone using my money to teach it to others or my kids because, like I said, my POV is that theyre deceptive cults...and thats the kinda fire that parents should have full control over playing with in front of their kids...not the State.

Now define God
I would be shocked if you ever had one atheist attempt to answer that question.

The fact that they can’t proves they have never seriously considered the possibility of God existing.

Precisely! And that's the whole point of the OP, but, of course, you follow that as you know as well as I that to define God is to not only outline his fundamental attributes, but to concede what the immediate empirical and rational evidence for God's existence is. These things are readily self-evident to anyone who seriously regards the problem of existence per the first principles of ontology. There's nothing mysterious about these things. The idea of God is a universally objective apprehension. But of the hundreds of atheists I've encountered, maybe two have seriously regarded the problem of existence and remain unconvinced that there is an actual substance behind the idea. Fair enough. But the others are just spouting slogans. As for those who claim to have seriously regarded the problem and yet still claim there is no evidence for God's existence, they're lying.

Of course, the other issue in the OP goes to natural and constitutional law. That too is a matter of first principles: Revisions and Divisions: the subversion of the principle of the separation of church and state
there is nothing in your post that even remotely addresses or verifies the authenticity of your false messiah religion of christianity rather the true spoken religion of antiquity all three desert religions have abandoned as the actual evidence for the Almighty.

Who's going to design these courses on religion? From what ideological perspective will they be taught?
That is the question, is it not? I cringe at the thought of a school district board (or any other government agency) designing math courses let alone a course in religion and the philosophy of the human spirit. Grass roots? A different way of teaching such a course at private schools that become known and flow over into public education? Still, isn't the first step discussion, especially discussion in what is lacking in our educational system?

There is a big difference between teaching religion and teaching about religion. I really don't believe you mean teaching about religion.
That is what we do at public school. We teach about things. Students aren't taught to be scientists, journalists, teaches, ministers until college/university.

Except I do not trust that is what you mean. Nor do I trust that is what the teachers would mean.

I respect your freedom to have your own point of view...teach it to your own kids...I just dont condone using my money to teach it to others or my kids because, like I said, my POV is that theyre deceptive cults...and thats the kinda fire that parents should have full control over playing with in front of their kids...not the State.
Take a look at State involvement in any textbook. I am in favor of kicking the State out of everything. That is not the same as being on board with not educating children. Your children would be safe with me. And, they just might gain a better understanding of religion and the philosophy of the human spirit. Just so you know...in high school my youngest had an English teacher who was Wiccan and forever spreading her beliefs. Guess what? My daughter picked up a little knowledge of Wiccan beliefs and it left no scars on her own.

That is the question, is it not? I cringe at the thought of a school district board (or any other government agency) designing math courses let alone a course in religion and the philosophy of the human spirit. Grass roots? A different way of teaching such a course at private schools that become known and flow over into public education? Still, isn't the first step discussion, especially discussion in what is lacking in our educational system?
I notice Meriweather has plenty to say about how religion should not be taught. But he seems to be avoiding describing exactly how it should be taught.

Take a look at State involvement in any textbook. I am in favor of kicking the State out of everything. That is not the same as being on board with not educating children. Your children would be safe with me. And, they just might gain a better understanding of religion and the philosophy of the human spirit. Just so you know...in high school my youngest had an English teacher who was Wiccan and forever spreading her beliefs. Guess what? My daughter picked up a little knowledge of Wiccan beliefs and it left no scars on her own.
Id rather take my chances on waiting until they're of an age that I deem appropriate.. to be presented with the Cults. And hell, if they ended up believing in one of them, Id sleep at night knowing that I did my due dilligence in waiting until they're at an appropriate age...and then allowing them the freedom to decide from there on their own.

And sometimes, Cinderella and Snow White are taught improperly. And then if thats the case...the parents who care to... can correct that improper teaching. Same with your beliefs on Noah. Keep it away from my kids, please and thanks, and I'll advise them on Religion according to when and how I find it appropriate.

And in the meantime you, like driver52, support a public education system that imposes your religion on other people's children. Got it, Adolf.

Sniff

I smell hypocrite.

And in the meantime you, like driver52, support a public education system that imposes your religion on other people's children. Got it, Adolf.

Sniff

I smell hypocrite.
You literally just built a strawman and then congratulated yourself for taking it down. Thats some sick shit, Ringtone!

You literally just built a strawman and then congratulated yourself for taking it down.
Only for about the 10th time in this thread... that's literally all that freak does... when he isn't plagiarizing others' work, that is.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Except I do not trust that is what you mean. Nor do I trust that is what the teachers would mean.
Be assured I am presenting exactly what I mean. What cannot be assured is whether such a vision would be faithfully implemented in the way I propose. I doubt that myself because it is true that just like it is for the atheist parent who fears a child being brainwashed into a religious cult, a person of faith fears a child embracing a different understanding that what someone says in church/temple/synagogue. What you can trust is that people on both sides of the issue would debate my vision. Still, I hold the very strong opinion that children should be educated about (not for not against) religion and the philosophy of the human spirit simply because it infuses--and has always infused--society and cultures on this planet.

Forum List

Back