Atheism: The fool's philosophy

Funny how Weatherman lies about atheists.

Funny in a sick demented way.
Fact is fact. I don't believe in a flat earth and I think men walked on the moon, so I feel no urge to post in those threads. Their beliefs are beyond reason to me. Atheists on the other hand fill this religion forum with their views every day. Atheists post in the religion forum for one reason - they know deep down there really is a God and are struggling on how to rationalize that fact for themselves.

Fact is fact.

This thread is an attack on 'atheism' by a Christian.

This thread is about a Christian telling others that he is right and atheists are wrong.

Christians post about atheism for only one reason- down deep they doubt their own faith in their fairy tale.

Me- I post only to refute people like you and the OP who lie about me.
And the flat earthers and man never walked on the moon cultists.

You do have a lot in common with the Flat Earthers and Moon Landing deniers

Fact is fact.

This thread is about a Christian telling others that he is right and atheists are wrong.

Christians post about atheism for only one reason- down deep they doubt their own faith in their fairy tale.

And all the other religion topics you post on?

You're terrified you can't figure out God you know exists. Don't worry, you will.

I leave being terrified to Christians- I don't have a Hell to fear.

When you bear false witness you believe you will go to hell. Me? I think you will just be self reinforcing your self misery and loathing.

Funny how Weatherman lies about atheists.

Funny in a sick demented way.
Fact is fact. I don't believe in a flat earth and I think men walked on the moon, so I feel no urge to post in those threads. Their beliefs are beyond reason to me. Atheists on the other hand fill this religion forum with their views every day. Atheists post in the religion forum for one reason - they know deep down there really is a God and are struggling on how to rationalize that fact for themselves.

Fact is fact.

Fact is fact.

And all the other religion topics you post on?l.

I just respond to the thread by faux Christians who are so terribly ignorant of Jesus's words that they spend their time online trying to find people that they can hate for not believing in their fairy tales.

Simple facts for simpletons.

Currently, science cannot verify whether or not the Easter Bunny exists!
You are now free to actually accept or reject it based on your own assessement. Now... that very well might be difficult for you, given your affection for "absolutes." You might possibly feel more comfortable being told exactly what to accept and what to reject via a long line of "absolute claims." There is certainly a personailty type that is most comfortable embedded in revealed dogma requiring no actual decision making or judgment on their part.

One of the profound difficulties religious zealots have with reality in general and science in particular is that they are more complex than “the gawds did it.” The universe does not consist of ideals and opposites, but instead of continua along dimensions with multiple (often infinite) possible options. Yes… it is one of the rude awakenings to the religious that we live in a Darwinian world, not a Platonic one.
Can you tell us how and why the universe exists? NO! You cannot. So what makes you the expert? There may well have been a big bang. No one knows for sure. But even if there was was, you have no idea how or why it happened. God is just as valid a theory as anything science can come up with. Tell me I'm wrong.

It is exactly the "how" questions that science addresses.

Can you tell us why the Christian gawds allowed their bibles to be altered by the corruptible hand of man?

It is not logically possible to say or think that your polytheistic gawds are the only gawds that don't exist.

Your polytheistic gawds are merely one conception of gawds. We are privileged to consider reality, but only the universe that actually exists can be fruitfully considered. How do we assign confidence to what is real and what is simply imaginary?

Evidence and reason. These are our only tools for that task. Thankfully, they appear to work pretty well, at least for those of us not bound to a precommittment to your dogma.

Millennia of philosophers and theologians have invented countless elaborate and ultimately futile models of reality and truth, with next to no positive impact on the human condition. Science in dramatic contrast is among the youngest of human of human endeavors, and yet has achieved things no previous discipline has approached. It has fed the hungry, cured disease, created technology that four generations ago would have been unimaginable. It has literally changed our world, while religions like Christianity and Islam have done little more than churn human misfortune in a static embrace of past error. Unlike all the philosophies and religions that came before it, science actually works.
There has been no alteration, the secretaries were accurate. 2,000 year old copies match what we have today.

False.

There are no 2,000 year old copies. Not of the New Testament.

And the Old Testament? The Protestant and Catholic Bibles differ. As does the Jewish- compare the 10 commandments for example

Protestant
  1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God gives thee.
  6. Thou shalt not kill.
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
  8. Thou shalt not steal.
  9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
  10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
Jewish
  1. I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
  2. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments.
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes His name in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work. But the seventh day is the Sabbath in honor of the Lord thy God; on it thou shalt not do any work, neither thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother; in order that thy days may be prolonged upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
  6. Thou shalt not kill.
  8. Thou shalt not steal.
  10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
Honestly, what's this website you copy from? I want to read it for a great laugh.

honestly I note you don't even pretend to be able to explain how the Bible is perfect when Jews and Christians use two different versions of the 10 commandments.

Can you tell us how and why the universe exists? NO! You cannot. So what makes you the expert? There may well have been a big bang. No one knows for sure. But even if there was was, you have no idea how or why it happened. God is just as valid a theory as anything science can come up with. Tell me I'm wrong.

It is exactly the "how" questions that science addresses.

Can you tell us why the Christian gawds allowed their bibles to be altered by the corruptible hand of man?

It is not logically possible to say or think that your polytheistic gawds are the only gawds that don't exist.

Your polytheistic gawds are merely one conception of gawds. We are privileged to consider reality, but only the universe that actually exists can be fruitfully considered. How do we assign confidence to what is real and what is simply imaginary?

Evidence and reason. These are our only tools for that task. Thankfully, they appear to work pretty well, at least for those of us not bound to a precommittment to your dogma.

Millennia of philosophers and theologians have invented countless elaborate and ultimately futile models of reality and truth, with next to no positive impact on the human condition. Science in dramatic contrast is among the youngest of human of human endeavors, and yet has achieved things no previous discipline has approached. It has fed the hungry, cured disease, created technology that four generations ago would have been unimaginable. It has literally changed our world, while religions like Christianity and Islam have done little more than churn human misfortune in a static embrace of past error. Unlike all the philosophies and religions that came before it, science actually works.
There has been no alteration, the secretaries were accurate. 2,000 year old copies match what we have today.

False.

There are no 2,000 year old copies. Not of the New Testament.

And the Old Testament? The Protestant and Catholic Bibles differ. As does the Jewish- compare the 10 commandments for example

Protestant
  1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God gives thee.
  6. Thou shalt not kill.
  8. Thou shalt not steal.
  10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
Jewish
  1. I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
  2. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments.
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes His name in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work. But the seventh day is the Sabbath in honor of the Lord thy God; on it thou shalt not do any work, neither thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother; in order that thy days may be prolonged upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
  6. Thou shalt not kill.
  8. Thou shalt not steal.
  10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
Honestly, what's this website you copy from? I want to read it for a great laugh.

honestly I note you don't even pretend to be able to explain how the Bible is perfect when Jews and Christians use two different versions of the 10 commandments.
Because they don't.
Saddening so many people think because it's on the Internet it's true.

Fact is fact.

Fact is fact.

And all the other religion topics you post on?

You're terrified you can't figure out God you know exists. Don't worry, you will.

I leave being terrified to Christians- I don't have a Hell to fear.

When you bear false witness you believe you will go to hell. Me? I think you will just be self reinforcing your self misery and loathing.
Honestly, what website do you get your BS from?

Why do many atheists and skeptics fight so hard to deny God if they don't believe He exists?

Christian author Ray Comfort (pictured below) may have a point when he says atheists know there is a God.

ray_comfort.jpg
In his book You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence but You Can't Make Him Think (WND Books, 2009), Comfort said, “We don't have to prove that God exists to the professing atheist. This is because he intuitively knows that He exists. Every person has a God-given conscience. The Bible tells us that this is the 'work of the law written on their hearts'.”

Just as every sane human knows it's wrong to lie, steal, kill, and commit adultery, Comfort says, they also know that God should be first in their life.

Comfort's reasoning is this: People don't fight against something that doesn't exist, or something they don't believe exists.

That's why you don't see groups rising up to fight against the tooth fairy. You don't see professors in universities ridiculing the existence of Santa Claus. You don't see organizations mobilizing troops to denounce werewolves, bunyips, or leprechauns.

atheist_bus.jpg

Above: Atheist bus campaign creator Ariane Sherine with atheist Richard Dawkins.

What's different with atheists?
So what's different in the atheist's brain? If God doesn't exist, why do atheists such as Richard Dawkins care so passionately that some people believe in Him? Why do they bother writing books against the existence of God? Or waste time preparing videos for YouTube that ridicule God? Or fund ads on the side of London buses?

In fact, why do atheists bother acknowledging that people believe in God at all? People believe all sorts of ridiculous things that atheists don't care about, so why does it matter to them if one of those things is God?

Interestingly, the Bible gives some answers to this.

Psalm 14:1 says, “The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.” Atheists may be brilliant scholars or academics. They may be wonderful inventors, surgeons, or scientists. But if they say there is no God they are declaring themselves fools in spiritual matters. This is why atheism is sometimes called the fool's philosophy.

The Apostle Paul pointed out in Romans 2:15 that God has written intuitive knowledge of His law in our human conscience. In a wonderful passage in Romans 1:20 he says, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.”

There is abundant evidence of God's handiwork written on our conscience and in nature all around us, and there is no excuse for not recognizing God's work in this.

Justifying our actions
So, what is at the core of the atheist's concern?

As sinful humans, we have an amazing tendency to try to justify our actions. This is something that sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom. We do something stupid and try to invent plausible reasons why we did it. Sometimes this is to fool others; sometimes it is to convince ourselves that we are not as stupid as our actions indicate.

Sometimes people who have taken a strong point of view on something wrong think it is their duty to get others on side, because there is safety in numbers. This is how cults form, and how dictators get away with murder.

If atheists know in their hearts that there really is a God, but they don't want to be accountable to God for their actions, then it starts to make sense why they try so hard to convince others that God doesn't exist.

This also explains why no-one bothers speaking out against belief in mermaids, pixies, and werewolves. People do not have the truth of these mythical creatures written in their hearts or on their conscience. Nor does nature declare anything about the majesty and power of leprechauns or hobgoblins.

So atheists must know intuitively that God exists. They just want to convince themselves and others that He doesn't exist because if He does it means they have made the worst decision of their lives to reject Him. And that has eternal consequences that are too horrible for them to contemplate.

God wants us to come to Him. He offers salvation to all, and has given two magnificent evidences of Himself. One is the overwhelming evidence of His physical creation all around us, and the other is the imprint of His existence in our conscience.

There should be no atheists. The fact that there are shows human rebellion and arrogance — not an intellectual discovery.

People who believe that ancient horse shit should be in the nut house.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back