Atheism: The fool's philosophy

" - deep down you really know God exists but you are having difficulty reconciling things."

Damn! I've been found out! Since I am that transparant, you probably have figured out that I think that Palin is brilliant and that Trump is going to build a wall! I've been trying so hard to deny it....

You boil your entire argument down to exactly what I noted.

You believe your opinion is just as valid and refutes all the revealed truths science has uncovered over the last 2,000 years and you reject the reality.

Fine you are free to reject it as it interferes with your worship of myth. But don't pretend you have a coherent logical argument that there was in fact a talking snake and magic is real. These are the things of children's stories and adults ought to outgrow them.
Just want to point out the simple fact that science has no clue about how, or even why, the universe exists. They have proven nothing. So my myth is just as valid as yours. Isn't it?

Simple facts for simpletons.

Currently, science cannot verify whether or not the Easter Bunny exists!
You are now free to actually accept or reject it based on your own assessement. Now... that very well might be difficult for you, given your affection for "absolutes." You might possibly feel more comfortable being told exactly what to accept and what to reject via a long line of "absolute claims." There is certainly a personailty type that is most comfortable embedded in revealed dogma requiring no actual decision making or judgment on their part.

One of the profound difficulties religious zealots have with reality in general and science in particular is that they are more complex than “the gawds did it.” The universe does not consist of ideals and opposites, but instead of continua along dimensions with multiple (often infinite) possible options. Yes… it is one of the rude awakenings to the religious that we live in a Darwinian world, not a Platonic one.
Can you tell us how and why the universe exists? NO! You cannot. So what makes you the expert? There may well have been a big bang. No one knows for sure. But even if there was was, you have no idea how or why it happened. God is just as valid a theory as anything science can come up with. Tell me I'm wrong.

Your answer is it was magic performed by a flying grandpa.

Stick with that if it makes you feel good.
No. My answer is that it was created by Someone who is greater than the creation. You believe it just happened for no reason at all.

You believe your opinion is just as valid and refutes all the revealed truths science has uncovered over the last 2,000 years and you reject the reality.

Fine you are free to reject it as it interferes with your worship of myth. But don't pretend you have a coherent logical argument that there was in fact a talking snake and magic is real. These are the things of children's stories and adults ought to outgrow them.
Just want to point out the simple fact that science has no clue about how, or even why, the universe exists. They have proven nothing. So my myth is just as valid as yours. Isn't it?

You are now free to actually accept or reject it based on your own assessement. Now... that very well might be difficult for you, given your affection for "absolutes." You might possibly feel more comfortable being told exactly what to accept and what to reject via a long line of "absolute claims." There is certainly a personailty type that is most comfortable embedded in revealed dogma requiring no actual decision making or judgment on their part.

One of the profound difficulties religious zealots have with reality in general and science in particular is that they are more complex than “the gawds did it.” The universe does not consist of ideals and opposites, but instead of continua along dimensions with multiple (often infinite) possible options. Yes… it is one of the rude awakenings to the religious that we live in a Darwinian world, not a Platonic one.
Can you tell us how and why the universe exists? NO! You cannot. So what makes you the expert? There may well have been a big bang. No one knows for sure. But even if there was was, you have no idea how or why it happened. God is just as valid a theory as anything science can come up with. Tell me I'm wrong.

It is exactly the "how" questions that science addresses.

Can you tell us why the Christian gawds allowed their bibles to be altered by the corruptible hand of man?

It is not logically possible to say or think that your polytheistic gawds are the only gawds that don't exist.

Your polytheistic gawds are merely one conception of gawds. We are privileged to consider reality, but only the universe that actually exists can be fruitfully considered. How do we assign confidence to what is real and what is simply imaginary?

Evidence and reason. These are our only tools for that task. Thankfully, they appear to work pretty well, at least for those of us not bound to a precommittment to your dogma.

Millennia of philosophers and theologians have invented countless elaborate and ultimately futile models of reality and truth, with next to no positive impact on the human condition. Science in dramatic contrast is among the youngest of human of human endeavors, and yet has achieved things no previous discipline has approached. It has fed the hungry, cured disease, created technology that four generations ago would have been unimaginable. It has literally changed our world, while religions like Christianity and Islam have done little more than churn human misfortune in a static embrace of past error. Unlike all the philosophies and religions that came before it, science actually works.
There has been no alteration, the secretaries were accurate. 2,000 year old copies match what we have today.

I still find out hilarious that someone who assumes the identity of a devout Christian spends his time ranting how Christians are unscientific.

Can you tell us why the Christian gawds allowed their bibles to be altered by the corruptible hand of man?

It is not logically possible to say or think that your polytheistic gawds are the only gawds that don't exist.

Your polytheistic gawds are merely one conception of gawds. We are privileged to consider reality, but only the universe that actually exists can be fruitfully considered. How do we assign confidence to what is real and what is simply imaginary?

Evidence and reason. These are our only tools for that task. Thankfully, they appear to work pretty well, at least for those of us not bound to a precommittment to your dogma.

Millennia of philosophers and theologians have invented countless elaborate and ultimately futile models of reality and truth, with next to no positive impact on the human condition. Science in dramatic contrast is among the youngest of human of human endeavors, and yet has achieved things no previous discipline has approached. It has fed the hungry, cured disease, created technology that four generations ago would have been unimaginable. It has literally changed our world, while religions like Christianity and Islam have done little more than churn human misfortune in a static embrace of past error. Unlike all the philosophies and religions that came before it, science actually works.
I believe I've answered this before. I believe in God because of fulfilled prophecy. The Bible is the only religious text that contains not just a few, or even a few dozen, but Thousands of prophecies. These prophecies are specific and detailed. They have a 100 percent track record of accuracy. How do you explain that?

No. My answer is that it was created by Someone who is greater than the creation. You believe it just happened for no reason at all.

Against all the other gawds who came before your polytheist gawds, you answer is a time wasting collection of unsupported assertion, bad analogies, false comparisons and viciously circular reasoning.

Against all the other gawds who came before your polytheist gawds, you answer is a time wasting collection of unsupported assertion, bad analogies, false comparisons and viciously circular reasoning.
That's your opinion. And just like something else that everyone has, it stinks.

I believe I've answered this before. I believe in God because of fulfilled prophecy. The Bible is the only religious text that contains not just a few, or even a few dozen, but Thousands of prophecies. These prophecies are specific and detailed. They have a 100 percent track record of accuracy. How do you explain that?

I can't explain your false agumentation for the various bibles being used for cheap parlor tricks.

Are you one of those who gives "readings" with tarot cards and crystal balls?

Really, dude, you appear to be a Benny Hinn wannabe.

I can't explain your false agumentation for the various bibles being used for cheap parlor tricks.
There is only one Bible.

Sorry sweetie. Your gawds are "also-ran" in the hierarchy of polytheistic gawds who have come and gone prior to the invention of your gawds.

To the back of the line you go.

There is only one Bible.
Except for all the other bibles.

There has been no alteration, the secretaries were accurate. 2,000 year old copies match what we have today.

Obviously false. That's the same nonsensical claim made by Moslems. Their propaganda is no different than yours.

Sorry sweetie. Your gawds are "also-ran" in the hierarchy of polytheistic gawds who have come and gone prior to the invention of your gawds.

To the back of the line you go.
What's that smell? Whew!

Obviously false. That's the same nonsensical claim made by Moslems. Their propaganda is no different than yours.
Your ignorance is appealing. There is plenty of evidence for the accuracy of Scripture. You simply ignore it. It's called willful ignorance. In fact, the New Testament has more manuscript support than any other ancient document. There are thousands of copies from the first and second century, and they all say the same thing. Nothing was altered.

Last edited:

There is only one Bible.
There is one Bible. There may be several translations, but they are all translated from the same manuscripts. There is also something called a comparative study Bible. You may have heard of it. It has three of the most popular translations, plus the original language it was written in.

Your ignorance is appealing. There is plenty of evidence for the accuracy of Scripture. You simply ignore it. It's called willful ignorance. In fact, the New Testament has more manuscript support than any other ancient document. There are thousands of copies from the first and second century, and they all say the same thing. Nothing was altered.
Actually, the errors, omissions and contradictions in the various bibles refute your attempts at partisan apologetics.

There is only one Bible.
There is one Bible. There may be several translations, but they are all translated from the same manuscripts. There is also something called a comparative study Bible. You may have heard of it. It has three of the most popular translations, plus the original language it was written in.
There are many different bibles. You acknowledge that.

Actually, the errors, omissions and contradictions in the various bibles refute your attempts at partisan apologetics.
Give me one example.

There is only one Bible.
I said that there are different translations of the Bible. I also noted that we can read it in the original languages it was written in.

There is only one Bible.
I said that there are different translations of the Bible. I also noted that we can read it in the original languages it was written in.

I can read lots of books translated from their original source language. Those books are written and translated by men just as the various bibles have been.

Forum List

Back