🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Atheists have no Constitutional Rights

There ya go.
That's the discussion I was wanting.
Just had to get some blood pumping first.

What is our basis for moral behavior?
How can something be bad without a reference point for good?

If there is no "sin" why can't I just take your car, just because I want to, (never mind it being against the law as the law had to have a reference point)
You cant imagine a reference point without having to defer to religion, is what you are admitting here.

Use your head, its not that difficult.
We are intelligent and self aware beings, do you think "do onto others as you wish done onto you" is some sort of unimaginable reference point we just could NEVER have surmised, sitting by the fire? Omgg

My main point, though is how Atheists claim a moral entitlement to something

Are you saying when I- an Atheist claim we are 'entitled' to be treated exactly the same as any other American- regardless of whether I am- or am not an athiest'?

Why do you have an objection to me being treated equally?

There ya go.

If there is no "sin" why can't I just take your car, just because I want to, (never mind it being against the law as the law had to have a reference point)

Okay- so this whole thread was just a sham- because you had some other objective?

What crap.

There ya go.

Okay- so this whole thread was just a sham- because you had some other objective?

What crap.
He wanted to let us know his moral compass is BS.

Nor can they expect equal treatment.

We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are CREATED equal and are endowed by their CREATOR certain inalienable rights.

Since atheists don't acknowledge the presence of a Creator, how can you presume to claim these rights?

I vote this the most ignorant thread of the day! Congrats!

needs-more-cowbell.jpg

The constitution makes no mention of whence the rights it guarantees derive.

:rolleyes:

We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are CREATED equal and are endowed by their CREATOR certain inalienable rights.

Since atheists don't acknowledge the presence of a Creator, how can you presume to claim these rights?

Simple. "Atheists" aren't the ones speaking in the statement; "We" are. It doesn't matter whether atheists believe in a creator or the rights bestowed by it -- "we" already gave it to them. It's the entity making the statement (first person) that refers to a creator, not the third person.

"All men are created equal" ('men' being general humanity) flatly declares "all"; it doesn't specify "all who are theists". For your theory to stand up that's what it would have to say. It's all about who's making the statement. Simple grammar m'boy.
I understand that "we" are saying all are created equally.
My point is, if someone claims to not be a product of a Creator how can they claim their rights?

It's irrelevant. They don't need "claiming" -- they're already there.

If I give you a bicycle and you don't ride bicycles and won't use it, that doesn't change the fact that you now own a bicycle.
But the atheists take every opportunity to ride that bike.......or even try to use mine
:cool:

That uh, makes no sense.
ScratchHead.gif

Those of you that know me know that I'm no troll.
A troll would have started this topic and ran.

And, yes, I know that even the Atheists are entitled to the same rights as I am.

The first reply to this thread was quick to bring up morality.
Since then the knee-jerk reaction has basically been "No fair"

Where do Atheists glean what is moral or fair without The Guide Book?

All
citizens have The Guide Book. By definition, regardless of their personal religious views. That's what The Guide Book is there for.

Sure did take off as a topic, though

60 posts is "taking off"?

All righty then.

And, yes, I know that even the Atheists are entitled to the same rights as I am.

Just loving me some good enteraction
It took off as a topic, yes. And your brand of religiously inspired fascism caused you to have your arse handed to you.
:lmao:
Handed to me?
Hardly

Sorry, you can't convince me that a gelatinous pool of goo gave you your inalienable rights

What makes you think the Constitution was written in goo? I believe it was written on parchment, possibly of hemp. Goo tends to give. Then you can't read it later.

If that is true, every living thing, whether insect, virus or lizard has these same rights

:thup:

What's your point?

Just loving me some good enteraction
It took off as a topic, yes. And your brand of religiously inspired fascism caused you to have your arse handed to you.
Yep. Next up he'll be telling us that only blue-eyed blonds have constitutional rights.
Nope.
Those traits were endowed to people by their Creator
:p

No actually it was a satanic band of humans.
You want their names? They actually signed it.

That's a pretty flawed argument, but I think you already know that. It's also the kind of argument I would expect to hear from an ISIS member.

The constitution.
What point of reference did the framers of that document derive the idea that we have any rights?
It has to be based on a moral compass and that compass didn't form in a volcanic carbon puddle
They pulled it out of their asses. There are no God given rights or Creator (the word they used) given rights. There are only rights we give to ourselves.

Without a higher authority to give mankind our unalienable rights, gives mankind the authority make any rules that they wish.
A higher authority is what limits mankind's laws, ones that are untouchable.
Even the Atheists back then understood this. You don't have to believe in God in order to have these unalienable rights, but there must be a higher authority in order to be off limits to men's laws.

The constitution.
What point of reference did the framers of that document derive the idea that we have any rights?
It has to be based on a moral compass and that compass didn't form in a volcanic carbon puddle
They pulled it out of their asses. There are no God given rights or Creator (the word they used) given rights. There are only rights we give to ourselves.

Without a higher authority to give mankind our unalienable rights, gives mankind the authority make any rules that they wish.
A higher authority is what limits mankind's laws, ones that are untouchable.
Even the Atheists back then understood this. You don't have to believe in God in order to have these unalienable rights, but there must be a higher authority in order to be off limits to men's laws.
You dont invent something on the basis of "if not then......."

Thats horrible logic

I have no idea why people who talk about the Constitution never seem to bother reading it. Your quote is from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

Alrighty,then.
Been a long graveyard weekend and I couldn't adequately reply from my phone (I havent been avoiding)

I read "self aware". How can that be accidental?
If all life came from that magical pool of gunk, why are humans the on;y ones to be self aware and capable of having these magically-appearing morals?
We have all, obviously, been taught our morals. But what is their origins?
And even infants that have never had the time to be taught can instinctively know that they have done something wrong.

Whether you choose to call it sin or just bad behavior.....
Atheists, with no fear of eternal hellfire or no promise of an eternal paradise, what is stopping you from doing what ever you damn well please?

Alrighty,then.
Been a long graveyard weekend and I couldn't adequately reply from my phone (I havent been avoiding)

If all life came from that magical pool of gunk, why are humans the on;y ones to be self aware and capable of having these magically-appearing morals?
And even infants that have never had the time to be taught can instinctively know that they have done something wrong.

Atheists, with no fear of eternal hellfire or no promise of an eternal paradise, what is stopping you from doing what ever you damn well please?

Personal morality. No God required for this.

Because its neither magic nor odd, its science.

Also we are not the only self aware animals.

As an agnostic....not the same as atheist....what stops me personally from being a bad person is how I reasoned good vs. Evil and why each is each and good sits much better with me. Probably mostly because of upbringing one way or another.

Alrighty,then.

Attained how?

Alrighty,then.

Attained how?
Reason and experience.

Forum List

Back