🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Atheists have no Constitutional Rights

Nor can they expect equal treatment.

We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are CREATED equal and are endowed by their CREATOR certain inalienable rights.

Since atheists don't acknowledge the presence of a Creator, how can you presume to claim these rights?
Declaration of Independence, not the constitution you7'ee quoting from there, you historical scholar you!
you make even less sense

We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are CREATED equal and are endowed by their CREATOR certain inalienable rights.

Since atheists don't acknowledge the presence of a Creator, how can you presume to claim these rights?

Simple. "Atheists" aren't the ones speaking in the statement; "We" are. It doesn't matter whether atheists believe in a creator or the rights bestowed by it -- "we" already gave it to them. It's the entity making the statement (first person) that refers to a creator, not the third person.

"All men are created equal" ('men' being general humanity) flatly declares "all"; it doesn't specify "all who are theists". For your theory to stand up that's what it would have to say. It's all about who's making the statement. Simple grammar m'boy.
I understand that "we" are saying all are created equally.
My point is, if someone claims to not be a product of a Creator how can they claim their rights?

It's irrelevant. They don't need "claiming" -- they're already there.

If I give you a bicycle and you don't ride bicycles and won't use it, that doesn't change the fact that you now own a bicycle.
If someone who doesn't exist gives you a bicycle, do you have a bicycle? Think about it.

Mommy is the creator.

Dopey premise.

Simple. "Atheists" aren't the ones speaking in the statement; "We" are. It doesn't matter whether atheists believe in a creator or the rights bestowed by it -- "we" already gave it to them. It's the entity making the statement (first person) that refers to a creator, not the third person.

"All men are created equal" ('men' being general humanity) flatly declares "all"; it doesn't specify "all who are theists". For your theory to stand up that's what it would have to say. It's all about who's making the statement. Simple grammar m'boy.
My point is, if someone claims to not be a product of a Creator how can they claim their rights?

If I give you a bicycle and you don't ride bicycles and won't use it, that doesn't change the fact that you now own a bicycle.
If someone who doesn't exist gives you a bicycle, do you have a bicycle? Think about it.

Let me think about thatOKIthought about it. "We the People" who created the government DO and DID exist. Again, who's the subject of the sentence?

C'mon Urn, that took like 0.14 seconds.

You are quoting the Declaration of Independence, you know.
Yes, I know. And how telling is it that it took this many replies for it to be brought up.

Regardless, you can't have the COTUS without the DOI.
The COTUS is the apparatus used to enforce the DOI

Well not the first time I have been told that I should not expect equal treatment.

But the atheists take every opportunity to ride that bike.......or even try to use mine
:cool:

I was not aware that the United States of America had established a religion or encourages any religious practices.
"Religion, as well as reason, confirms the soundness of those principles on which our government has been founded and its rights asserted." --Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815. ME 14:283

"Among the most inestimable of our blessings, also, is that... of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; a liberty deemed in other countries incompatible with good government and yet proved by our experience to be its best support." --Thomas Jefferson: Reply to John Thomas et al., 1807. ME 16:291

You are quoting the Declaration of Independence, you know.
Yes, I know. And how telling is it that it took this many replies for it to be brought up.

Regardless, you can't have the COTUS without the DOI.
The COTUS is the apparatus used to enforce the DOI

No- the Declaration of Independence has no force of law. And the Constitution is not dependent on the Declaration of Independence.

The Declaration of Independence is a beautiful document- with high ideals. But is not law- nor just because I don't believe in "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" does it mean I am not an American citizen.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

IF the Constitution was based upon the Declaration of Independence- why were men who were born slaves treated as 2/3 of a citizen by the Constitution?

Your premise is false, and pretty ridiculous and I think you know it.

I was not aware that the United States of America had established a religion or encourages any religious practices.
"Religion, as well as reason, confirms the soundness of those principles on which our government has been founded and its rights asserted." --Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815. ME 14:283

"Among the most inestimable of our blessings, also, is that... of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; a liberty deemed in other countries incompatible with good government and yet proved by our experience to be its best support." --Thomas Jefferson: Reply to John Thomas et al., 1807. ME 16:291

You do realize I hope that those are not part of the Constitution.....

Good gawd you're an asshole!

Forum List

Back