Atheists view Christians with contempt and derision

Stop it. Atheists continually try to:
Pass laws and ordinances limiting and controlling Christian and Jewish beliefs and actions.
Sixty years ago, school began reciting the Lord's Prayer. Atheists went to court to shut us up.
Atheist have banned the Bible in every school and college. Stop lying.
Bearing false witness against us is a sin and you do it constantly.
Oh my God, prayer was out loud in public school because which God were they going to pray to. The Constitution says no law will be given priority above another. That's why School prayer was ended, but some Christians, not all, like you want to try to blame people who or abused by Christians. That just takes the cake. Stop lying to yourself. Wake up already. Everyone in the world isn't a Christian, everyone in the world doesn't believe in God. If you want to believe in God your home and your church are the places To demonstrate your faith. Your Lord's prayer is not in cursive, it's another exclusive feature of your tribal religion. I feel sorry for you if you don't know the difference.

Oh my God, prayer was out loud (sic) in public school because which God were they going to pray to. The Constitution says no law will be given priority above another. That's why School prayer was ended, but some Christians, not all, like you want to try to blame people who or abused by Christians. That just takes the cake. Stop lying to yourself. Wake up already. Everyone in the world isn't a Christian, everyone in the world doesn't believe in God. If you want to believe in God your home and your church are the places To demonstrate your faith. Your Lord's prayer is not in cursive, it's another exclusive feature of your tribal religion. I feel sorry for you if you don't know the difference.

"Out loud"? You don't even know what "outlawed" is?

Christianity is the largest organization on earth today.
The Holy Bible is the best selling book in history by a large margin.
You have no concept of America's Christian heritage, obviously.
It would be a waste of my time to reiterate it here as I have already done so elsewhere.
You're beyond help.

It would be a waste of my time to reiterate it here as I have already done so elsewhere.
You're beyond help.
When I went to school you are allowed a moment of silence at the beginning of the school day if you wanted to pray to God. You weren't allowed to pray OUT LOUD. Which made perfect sense, the school students were predominately Christian, about 50% Catholic, and 40% Protestants. The remaining 10% unaffiliated, Russian Orthodox, or Jewish. Praying to one God was impossible, so it wasn't done. And you say I'm beyond help, it doesn't matter if Christians are the majority. It's Christians like you they give the rest of the Christians a bad name. Try to have a good day, I plan on it

You're beyond help.
"Christianity is the largest organization on earth today''

And ran what amounts to among the most sophisticated Child molestation syndicates.

"Christianity is the largest organization on earth today'' CE

And ran what amounts to among the most sophisticated Child molestation syndicates.
- steady -
Let us please not tar the entire faith on misdeeds from the Vatican. Protestants wouldn't like it. And Jehovah's Witness' don't consider Catholics Christian at all.

CE I'm not sure Christianity is the most popular organized religion on Earth. I'd have thought Islam was more popular.

Eskimo: 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?'
Priest: 'No, not if you did not know.'
Eskimo: 'Then why did you tell me?'
Annie Dillard

- steady -
Let us please not tar the entire faith on misdeeds from the Vatican. Protestants wouldn't like it. And Jehovah's Witness' don't consider Catholics Christian at all.

CE I'm not sure Christianity is the most popular organized religion on Earth. I'd have thought Islam was more popular.

Eskimo: 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?'
Priest: 'No, not if you did not know.'
Eskimo: 'Then why did you tell me?'
Annie Dillard
Thanks for the joke. Even if Christianity ninety-nine percent of the world following it, it doesn't matter. Religion is a choice. You have the right to your choice, your choice cannot interfere with other people's choices. And no special homage is paid to one religion over any other, that is US law.

Religion is a choice. You have the right to your choice, your choice cannot interfere with other people's choices. And no special homage is paid to one religion over any other, that is US law.
Wouldn't that be marvelous!

iirc I was coerced into reciting the pledge of allegiance in public school hundreds of times a year, 1960 - 1966 or so. "One nation, under god"
"Under" god? Does that mean my nation is subordinate to god? That would violate Article 6 Section 2 of the United States Constitution.

ARTICLE 6.
2 This Constitution ... shall be the supreme Law of the Land ...

And while we're at it, WTF w/ "In god we trust"?!
a) Who is "we"?
And if I'm agnostic, I'm excluded?

b) "god" singular? So we're all monotheists?

Religion is a choice. You have the right to your choice, your choice cannot interfere with other people's choices. And no special homage is paid to one religion over any other, that is US law.
If only.

Wouldn't that be marvelous!

iirc I was coerced into reciting the pledge of allegiance in public school hundreds of times a year, 1960 - 1966 or so. "One nation, under god"
"Under" god? Does that mean my nation is subordinate to god? That would violate Article 6 Section 2 of the United States Constitution.

ARTICLE 6.
2 This Constitution ... shall be the supreme Law of the Land ...

And while we're at it, WTF w/ "In god we trust"?!
a) Who is "we"?
And if I'm agnostic, I'm excluded?

b) "god" singular? So we're all monotheists?

If only.
Are you confusing civics, with religious choice. The god the founders agreed upon was the " natural " God because the various religious sects in each colony couldn't agree on which religous god to follow. Some viewed the others as enemies. Paranoia and coveting gods must be a trait some Christians still have today. I have to say the pledge of allegiance also and I was glad to do it I was proud to do it.

And that's because the demons that have blinded the atheists also influence them to mock Christians. Atheists can't help themselves from taking shots at Christians.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Maybe it's because you godbotherers don't like the constructive criticism that shows how ridiculous you look.

But the irony of this is how you start a thread about atheists then dislike when they respond to Christians.
You didn't think about it much did you?

And that's because the demons that have blinded the atheists also influence them to mock Christians. Atheists can't help themselves from taking shots at Christians.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Geezzzz, how many Gods to you believe in????

Been following this thread, it seems pretty useless. You are not an atheist, you don't understand them at all. They came into this world like most of us do, knowing nothing about their past, present or future. Blank slates, they believe they are the bodies they possess and look no further than that. Most here in this world realize they are more than that and embark on a quest find the truth of their reality. Many, like yourself, find that answer in religion. Others, like myself, find the answer in God and spirituality. There are many paths to choose in this life, although they vary greatly, none are wrong. May your choice serve you well. Seek the peace, however you find it, l it is the best path with the greatest reward.

I am an atheist. And I am a good man. I know plenty who are.
Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an Atheist. I repeat, not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an Atheist.
-- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an Atheist. I repeat, not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an Atheist.
-- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
It's never easy to swim upstream. Enjoy the journey.

Those Christians had sense enough to create a republic rather than a theocracy and it's based on democratic ideals that means it includes everybody and treats everybody equally.

Your god made Satan
Their God IS Satan!

Rev 22: 16 I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
KJV - Lucifer 1; 1
Lucifer = "light-bearer"
1) shining one, morning star, Lucifer

Wars are over power and wealth and nothing to do with worshiping and following the word of God.
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Forum List

Back