Atheists view Christians with contempt and derision

Or, we can look at it from the perspective that the Jews with wealth and power gave no thought or care to the children of the poor who were dying from want. They had been fighting among themselves which resulted in a division between the North and the South, weakening the nation, of which outside powers took advantage. Where did they strike first in Jerusalem? At the wealthy and the powerful, and now it was their children who were being struck down.

Take a look at how the Jews had weakened themselves: Not only did they provide care for the weak so that they might grow strong, the wealthy and the powerful quarreled among themselves, causing a great division which weakened the nation. God and His ways/laws which makes strong nations were being/had been forsaken. The wealthy Jews practically wrote an engraved invitation to invaders. Invaders are not apt to start with looting the poor, but the rich. They are not apt to overthrow the weak, but the powerful. And they did just that.

Ezekiel tried to warn the country, but they would not listen.

Humans were responsible for what happened. Remember Adam who did not wish to accept his own responsibility for what took place in Eden? 'Adam' means mankind. It appears mankind still objects to accepting responsibility when some can so conveniently label it as God's fault. Some even declare God should never have put the tree of knowledge in the garden to begin with. Do you see it that way?
With a great number of followers, allegory seems to be effective.

Many political candidates campaign in metaphor. It may sound authoritative, informed, decisive. It's largely meaningless.
I understand, it doesn't work for me either. Still, many people seem to eat it up.

The Left do that before they're born.
Actually most abortions are gotten by Christians ashamed of getting pregnant out of wedlock.
And then there is this:
Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Actually most abortions are gotten by Christians ashamed of getting pregnant out of wedlock.
And then there is this:
Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Thanks, I think you're taking that out of context. Edom (Philistines ) was an enemy of Israel and this was a message glorifying murder and urging Israeli soldiers to kill the children of Edom. Only a tribal God would ask it's followers to commit genocide. I think they even extended it to their herds and flocks, murder them too because somehow they were as evil as Edomites.

Thanks, I think you're taking that out of context. Edom (Philistines ) was an enemy of Israel and this was a message glorifying murder and urging Israeli soldiers to kill the children of Edom. Only a tribal God would ask it's followers to commit genocide. I think they even extended it to their herds and flocks, murder them too because somehow they were as evil as Edomites.
And of course, The edomites would have done the same thing if the situation were reversed. They shared a mutual hatred of each other. No love lost there. There was none to be had, two pitiful tribes, each trying to after the other in the field of hatred.

Can you imagine the suffering and cruelty your own community would have to be enduring to derive any comfort at all picturing a like cruelty being visited on the children of one's captors? Keep in mind, this had already been the fate of their own children, along with Hebrew babies being ripped out of their pregnant mothers. That we cannot imagine doing such a thing, let alone being happy about it, compares the level of our own suffering to the level they endured.

Can you imagine the suffering and cruelty your own community would have to be enduring to derive any comfort at all picturing a like cruelty being visited on the children of one's captors? Keep in mind, this had already been the fate of their own children, along with Hebrew babies being ripped out of their pregnant mothers. That we cannot imagine doing such a thing, let alone being happy about it, compares the level of our own suffering to the level they endured.
Human beings are no longer primitive tribal peoples. Did love even exist back then. Women were property. Children were future warriors or women to bear more warriors.

It's actually atheists using knitting needles.
I looked up the data, Christians have more abortions ( 54%), nonreligious only ( 38% ) other religions ( 8% ). Proportionately I don't know how that works out, I'm a 70 year old man, the issue really doesn't concern me, other than I think everyone should have the right to choose. They are citizens, they have rights, and just like those who choose not to have an abortion, they should have the right to choose also if they need one or want one. A fetus is not a citizen, according to the law a fetus is property, properties do not have rights, and the mental capability to make any type of decision is absent altogether. Abortion should have never became a political issue, it is a deeply personal and gut-wrenching decision some people are faced with. They and their doctors are the only ones that should be making that decision.

I looked up the data, Christians have more abortions ( 54%), nonreligious only ( 38% ) other religions ( 8% ). Proportionately I don't know how that works out, I'm a 70 year old man, the issue really doesn't concern me, other than I think everyone should have the right to choose. They are citizens, they have rights, and just like those who choose not to have an abortion, they should have the right to choose also if they need one or want one. A fetus is not a citizen, according to the law a fetus is property, properties do not have rights, and the mental capability to make any type of decision is absent altogether. Abortion should have never became a political issue, it is a deeply personal and gut-wrenching decision some people are faced with. They and their doctors are the only ones that should be making that decision.
Furthermore, if your hand that right over to the government, the same government could some they reverse that decision and require people to have abortions. Overpopulation is the greatest threat to this world; it has created most of the other problems.

It's NOT a "right to choose." It's murder.
Men are in prison for life because they murdered their unborn children.
But you pretend women can do it and it's just hunkey dorey?

Draw a line across a piece of paper and label the left end "CONCEPTION."
Label the right end "FULL TERM BIRTH."
Now draw a line bisecting this line where YOU think it's fine to murder the unborn baby
on the left side of your arbitrary line but not on the right and justify your murderous idiocy.

It's NOT a "right to choose." It's murder.
Men are in prison for life because they murdered their unborn children.
But you pretend women can do it and it's just hunkey dorey?

Draw a line across a piece of paper and label the left end "CONCEPTION."
Label the right end "FULL TERM BIRTH."
Now draw a line bisecting this line where YOU think it's fine to murder the unborn baby
on the left side of your arbitrary line but not on the right and justify your murderous idiocy.
In your opinion it is murder, it is not. A human being, a person, a citizen, a non-citizen can be murdered. A fetus is designated by the law as property. It is not a person, it is not a citizen, it is not a non-citizen. Law cannot be changed arbitrarily. Fetus simply isn't a person. It has that potential, but it isn't there yet.

It was more than just the Edomites.
Hosea 13: 16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

It's actually atheists using knitting needles.
Actually it is Christians using coat hangers once other Cristians started hanging out in front of clinics and taking photos to shame their fellow Christians getting abortions.
Remember abortions ARE biblical!

Last edited:
It was more than just the Edomites.
Hosea 13: 16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
From what I've read, it sounds like they were a very conflicted people. Everything seems like all they knew was love-hate relationships.

I agree with the word choose/choice but you and I hold it in different places. You quote choosing or having the choice to abort it, I favour people making the choice BEFORE conceiving. Those who struggle with that concept, keep your legs shut or choose a different orifice for pleasure. Then the old chestnut comes out, "What about those who were raped"? Well, that's a tiny percentage. One person you could ask for views on this would be Jesse Jackson.

I agree with the word choose/choice but you and I hold it in different places. You quote choosing or having the choice to abort it, I favour people making the choice BEFORE conceiving. Those who struggle with that concept, keep your legs shut or choose a different orifice for pleasure. Then the old chestnut comes out, "What about those who were raped"? Well, that's a tiny percentage. One person you could ask for views on this would be Jesse Jackson.
I agree, but unfortunately, for many different reasons, women are forced to make these decisions. Prevention when a pregnancy is not wanted is always the best solution.

And that's because the demons that have blinded the atheists also influence them to mock Christians. Atheists can't help themselves from taking shots at Christians.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

You've just made a complete goose of yourself. You shouting about atheists taking potshots,for which you have no evidence, simultaneously doing exactly the same to atheists!!!!
You're not as good thinker my friend.

Forum List

Back