Atheists want multiple universes and extra-terrestrial civilizations to exist because they think it will hurt Christianity

Good thing it doesn't say that in the Bible, unless I'm mistaken ... have a passage or chapter in mind? ...

Yup. Ann Frank went to hell.

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction. 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

Jeff Dahmner went to Heaven.
Whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -- John 3:16
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. -- John 11:25-26
But you don't understand why that is so ...

I actually understand it perfectly, it's an endorsement of theocracy. Dammit, when God says Jump, you say how high.

That is one of the oddest quotes from the bible. Why would an omnipotent god need to endorse himself publicly like this? Talk about vain and insecure. God needs therapy.

The God of the Bible is fantastically needy, when you think about it.

GOD doesn't need us. We need HIM! Thanks be to GOD that HE cared enough to redeem whosoever will.

I actually understand it perfectly, it's an endorsement of theocracy. Dammit, when God says Jump, you say how high.

That is one of the oddest quotes from the bible. Why would an omnipotent god need to endorse himself publicly like this? Talk about vain and insecure. God needs therapy.

You really don't understand the implication here. Abraham believed that GOD's plan was to raise Isaac from the dead. Even Isaac, who was a teen by that time (Abraham was a very old man) did nothing --- because he believed it too. They thought that they were fulfilling the prophecy GOD made to Adam.

You really don't understand the implication here. Abraham believed that GOD's plan was to raise Isaac from the dead. Even Isaac, who was a teen by that time (Abraham was a very old man) did nothing --- because he believed it too. They thought that they were fulfilling the prophecy GOD made to Adam.

Why are we talking about this magical nonsense in the science section? the only discussions about the Bible to be had in the science section are about how it was created by humans, and when, and why so much of the magical nonsense contained within is clearly false.

Why are we talking about this magical nonsense in the science section? the only discussions about the Bible to be had in the science section are about how it was created by humans, and when, and why so much of the magical nonsense contained within is clearly false.

Certainly there is nothing wrong with a discussion of the supernatural. There is no magic when it come to GOD, only the supernatural.

Certainly there is nothing wrong with a discussion of the supernatural. There is no magic when it come to GOD, only the supernatural.

It just doesnt belong in the natural section. It belongs in the supernatural section (religion).

And yes, supernatural = magic. You just dont like the word, bevause it places your preferred magic on the same shelf as any other. Where it belongs.

It just doesnt belong in the natural section. It belongs in the supernatural section (religion).

And yes, supernatural = magic. You just dont like the word, bevause it places your preferred magic on the same shelf as any other. Where it belongs.
There is a difference between supernatural and magic.
supernatural
adjective
of, relating to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.

Where as the best definition of magic is as follows: Magic pertaining to the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, distraction, deception, trickery.

Magic while baffling can be explained --- humanly speaking; whereas, the supernatural is beyond human comprehension.

Religion = belief. Belief = acceptance. Acceptance = evolution. Evolution = acceptance. Acceptance = belief. Belief = religion.

There are no atheists as you can see EVERYONE has a religion ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. I believe it was Dr. Stephen Hawking that said "Sometimes one has to use reverse engineering to verify the answer".
I disagree. You say "Belief = religion". OK, but .....

A religious person believes in God (for example). "Belief = religion"
An Atheist believes there is no God. "Belief = religion"
An agnostic doesn't believe in anything. No belief, no religion.
GLASNOST, you hit the target but not dead center of the target...

An agnostic will believe empirical evidence but not suggestive theory/logic.

The Google definition is incorrect.

There is a difference between supernatural and magic.
supernatural
adjective
of, relating to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.

Where as the best definition of magic is as follows: Magic pertaining to the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, distraction, deception, trickery.

Magic while baffling can be explained --- humanly speaking; whereas, the supernatural is beyond human comprehension.

Magic and Supernatural are synonyms in the English language. Maybe you are speaking in tongues again? hehe

Yup. Ann Frank went to hell.

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction. 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

Jeff Dahmner went to Heaven.

LOL. Both are in Hades. You know nothing and think you're "like God."

Besides, this is S&T. What a kook you are. You want aliens and multiverses.

How else can you explain that everyone has to dance with the reaper?

If ToE is true, then our life spans should be getting longer not shorter.

The only way for the big bang and life to begin and happen is God, the creator.
Says you. You are free to think that. But you kind of embarrass yourself when you demand others adopt your iron aged nonsense. And this has no place in the science section.
1607831978275.png

It did take God to create all for God is all.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Attachments

• 1607831978623.png
    1607831978623.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 5

"a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God."

The above is correct. You failed the lie detector test.

"a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God."

But that defintion is not sufficient. One can have disbelief in gods and any other magical hooha, but atill not claim to know with certainty that they do not exist. That person is still an agnostic.

But that defintion is not sufficient. One can have disbelief in gods and any other magical hooha, but atill not claim to know with certainty that they do not exist. That person is still an agnostic.

Nope. Then one is a farked up stupid atheist like you.

>>"Let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".<<

I love that verse. "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10

The only way for the big bang and life to begin and happen is God, the creator.
Says you. You are free to think that. But you kind of embarrass yourself when you demand others adopt your iron aged nonsense. And this has no place in the science section.
View attachment 428432

It did take God to create all for God is all.

*****SMILE*****

Nah, no it didn't.

1607832701762.png

Sounds like you're discriminating against my beliefs about the universe.

The universe could not exist without God.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

Sounds like you're discriminating against my beliefs about the universe.
Well yes, you think that because you internalize these beliefs. You must do so, because you have nothing but "because I say so" to support the truth of them. So they become you. Their credibility is now inseparable from your own, by your own design. So you see disagreement that they are true as some sort of personal attack. These are your problems to deal with, not mine.

Very good! :th_thgoodpost: But let me add one detail. "One can ..." lack "... belief in gods and any other magical hooha, but atill not claim to know with certainty that they do not exist. That person is still an agnostic."

Forum List

Back