Atheists Want Proof Of God?

OK. But I'm pretty certain you ain't gonna like my opinion nor the way I express it:

declaration-of-independence-1776.jpeg

636138593124553221-Constitution.jpg

3c0b3d69-7354-46af-b4d5-38e2dc3e401f.jpg

$_57.JPG

laying+on+table.JPG
Proof of God is reflected in a constitution that covers less than 5% of the people on earth today (not even referencing those in the past)?
Divide that 5% by two, I'm pretty sure the Constitution was written by men, who are a bit less than 50% of the population in years when there are no wars going on.
I'm going to add a list of the signers for your benefit, and if you can tell me which one or ones were not believers in God, Christ, or the Protestant/Colonial churches, please enlighten us with your own information of their absence of faith, won't you? My teachings, though, were pretty specific. If they weren't Christians there, that was not known to the early churches of the 13 colonies, all of which were believers in Christ, although they accepted as citizens people of all faiths and POVs. The signers were believed to be Protestants, and whatever, they prayed together to God's providence to help them oversee this new nation dedicated to the principles of freedom and brotherhood throughout the land, regardless of religion.

The Signers of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776​
Delaware: George Read | Caesar Rodney | Thomas McKean |

Pennsylvania: George Clymer | Benjamin Franklin | Robert Morris | John Morton | Benjamin Rush |George Ross | James Smith | James Wilson | George Taylor |

Massachusetts: John Adams | Samuel Adams | John Hancock | Robert Treat Paine | Elbridge Gerry

New Hampshire: Josiah Bartlett | William Whipple | Matthew Thornton |

Rhode Island: Stephen Hopkins | William Ellery |

New York: Lewis Morris | Philip Livingston | Francis Lewis | William Floyd |

Georgia: Button Gwinnett | Lyman Hall | George Walton |

Virginia: Richard Henry Lee | Francis Lightfoot Lee | Carter Braxton | Benjamin Harrison | Thomas Jefferson | George Wythe | Thomas Nelson, Jr. |

North Carolina: William Hooper | John Penn | Joseph Hewes

South Carolina: Edward Rutledge | Arthur Middleton | Thomas Lynch, Jr. | Thomas Heyward, Jr. |

New Jersey:Abraham Clark | John Hart | Francis Hopkinson | Richard Stockton | John Witherspoon |

Connecticut:Samuel Huntington | Roger Sherman | William Williams | Oliver Wolcott |

Maryland: Charles Carroll | Samuel Chase | Thomas Stone | William Paca |
and if you can tell me which one or ones were not believers in God, Christ, or the Protestant/Colonial churches, please enlighten us with your own information of their absence of faith

there is no mention of the christian bible or the false messiah religion found anywhere in any gov't document of the united states - an endorsement by the theists of an Almighty is purely secular.
I just provided one above. Take a speedreading course. It is only a semester single credit, but it will change your life in comprehension unless you're not here to debate, but to cram some false narrative down a Republican throat or two. :wink:
Edit: Until that time, I provide this link to show you my point, it's a joint prayer the signers agreed to as a credo:

"...In times of impending calamity and distress; when the liberties of America are imminently endangered by the secret machinations and open assaults of an insidious and vindictive administration, it becomes the indispensable duty of these hitherto free and happy colonies, with true penitence of heart, and the most reverent devotion, publicly to acknowledge the over ruling providence of God; to confess and deplore our offenses against him; and to supplicate his interposition for averting the threatened danger, and prospering our strenuous efforts in the cause of freedom, virtue, and posterity..."
– Congressional Prayer Proclamation
Journals of Congress, 4:208-209.

Doesn't bother me.

Why would it?

I don't take anything on faith. You want me to believe? Show me.
OK. But I'm pretty certain you ain't gonna like my opinion nor the way I express it:

$_57.JPG

laying+on+table.JPG
Don't be stupider than you have to be. None of those things is proof of the existence of goD.
Au Contraire, mon amie. The writers of the American Documentations were protestants all, and popular in their states/states-to-be. Including Thomas Jefferson who is widely lied about as being agnostic until we found his letter to his doctor that said that he was a Christian only in the way of Jesus Christ. Doh! That's as Christian as one can get. *sigh*

And since Christ was a Jewish Rabbi, both old and new testaments were based on Jewish cultural history, including the teachings of Christ to make clear that ordinary people could understand what God really wants his people to do: "To love your God with heart, mind, and spirit, and to love your neighbor as yourself." That is pretty much the essence of the Ten Commandments, and I could go all through them and explain why that is, but most people know, but I will take a shot at a couple of them:

3 - Keeping the Sabbath Holy -- attending corporate worship services, doing good deeds to widows, orphans, and those who mourn, resting and reflecting on dedicating your life more fully to serving other people, serving them better, not fretting too much, and encouraging others to look at the beautiful life God gave and working to keep it worth living for and picking up your own trash and promoting things like ocean clean-up so poor fishermen can continue to have healthym unblemished fish to sell at market that once provided protein for a third of the world population, but will end if we do not rid the surface of plastic which filters the sun out and wreaks havoc on every level of sea life in deadly ways. Other Sabbath activities could be looking on your own heart and making God's world a better place by giving a sad person a little bit of joy, giving a poor person tools that would help him fish, farm, or make a living somehow.

8 - Trying your best to avoid bearing false witness -- the kind of false witness that would take away a person's capacity for earning a living; false witness that would put an innocent person in jail; false witness that would discredit a person socially; false witness that would damage the relationship of 2 friends, false witness that would break up someone else's marriage; false witness that would place a low-iq person in jail for the duration of his life; and any other false witness that would harm another's well-being, life, or career opportunity; and false witness that would destroy a nation or bring genocide of a people.

These are things that God's people are generally encouraged to do. The beauty of Christ is he is the sacrificial lamb for us to maintain contact between man and God and between man to his brother man. As I understand it, and no, I am in no way a qualified minister, I just read the bible a lot to this day, and watch videos of what biblical scholars can give us. I know God requires us to allow him and him alone to judge others, and he likes it when we forgive others and ask God to bless them I have a lot of spiritual discs, and I divide them into scriptures; to scriptural stories that do not depart from the scriptures, nonscriptural stories that are consistent with the teachings of Christ; non-scriptural stories consistent with Mosaic Laws; discs that I cannot validate with scriptures that make claims that are not confirmed; discs that say they are based on scripture but fly in the face of right and wrong. I try not to make judgments, but some things, I just break the disc and throw in the trash because it is definitely not consistent with the Kingdom of God as I understand him, keeping in mind the words "now, we see through a glass, darkly, but then face-to-face," and I thank God for Jesus. That's about it. As I said, my heart's beliefs are not pleasing to those who espouse atheistic views for their own reasons. I do not take responsibility for those who blame religion for the world's ills, because I think unbelief in the merciful capacity that God's pure and simple love for mankind, whom he has given free will since the beginning. Religion is all about dealing with free will, accepting what we can't change as part of the world's diversity, and fixing what's broken if we can and being glad it is whole.

Time for my nap, and working on a charity project when I wake up. Bless you all and wishing you a happy heart. :)
Tl;dr.

But if I gather your point from skimming the first few sentences you're saying the framers were all Protestant, so that means goD must exist.

I don't really see how that follows.

So far you've provided no proof of anything except your own zelotry.

Doesn't bother me.

Why would it?

$_57.JPG

laying+on+table.JPG
Proof of God is reflected in a constitution that covers less than 5% of the people on earth today (not even referencing those in the past)?
Divide that 5% by two, I'm pretty sure the Constitution was written by men, who are a bit less than 50% of the population in years when there are no wars going on.
I'm going to add a list of the signers for your benefit, and if you can tell me which one or ones were not believers in God, Christ, or the Protestant/Colonial churches, please enlighten us with your own information of their absence of faith, won't you? My teachings, though, were pretty specific. If they weren't Christians there, that was not known to the early churches of the 13 colonies, all of which were believers in Christ, although they accepted as citizens people of all faiths and POVs. The signers were believed to be Protestants, and whatever, they prayed together to God's providence to help them oversee this new nation dedicated to the principles of freedom and brotherhood throughout the land, regardless of religion.

Pennsylvania: George Clymer | Benjamin Franklin | Robert Morris | John Morton | Benjamin Rush |George Ross | James Smith | James Wilson | George Taylor |

Massachusetts: John Adams | Samuel Adams | John Hancock | Robert Treat Paine | Elbridge Gerry

Virginia: Richard Henry Lee | Francis Lightfoot Lee | Carter Braxton | Benjamin Harrison | Thomas Jefferson | George Wythe | Thomas Nelson, Jr. |

South Carolina: Edward Rutledge | Arthur Middleton | Thomas Lynch, Jr. | Thomas Heyward, Jr. |

New Jersey:Abraham Clark | John Hart | Francis Hopkinson | Richard Stockton | John Witherspoon |

Connecticut:Samuel Huntington | Roger Sherman | William Williams | Oliver Wolcott |

I never claimed they were not religious or Christian. I have never claimed that we are not founded on a Judaeo-Christian ethic.

Neither of those things have anything to do with the silly claim that the constitution is somehow proof of God.

Particularly when it is a document that applies to virtually none of the billions of people around the planet.

Look, GOD is very real. Talk to Him Yourself.
God can't read a message board?

Btw, your silly, magical threats hold no weight here, shaman.
Your lack of honesty with GOD, yourself and others is so noted. GOD wants a one on one chat with YOU and not a pretentious message entered in an attempt to be humorous.

I'm going to tell god you were threatening people.
I'm merely warning you that your house is on fire. GOD already knows my feelings and yours. Can you comprehended that? Are you willing to seek direct answers from HIM.
Hmm, no, you're making threats. Just like any other fanatic running around, making threats for their gods.
Well, GOD is real or HE isn't. GOD exists or HE doesn't. One cannot threaten anyone with something that doesn't exist. Your generalization makes no sense.

Doesn't bother me.

Why would it?

$_57.JPG

laying+on+table.JPG

I never claimed they were not religious or Christian. I have never claimed that we are not founded on a Judaeo-Christian ethic.

Neither of those things have anything to do with the silly claim that the constitution is somehow proof of God.

Particularly when it is a document that applies to virtually none of the billions of people around the planet.
Oddly, lots of people seen to wish to come to the land that was founded on that document. So, it must be influential around the world or such would be happy to remain where they are.

I have to get my house in order before vacation and had some time.

Not sure what you mean? Are you referring to tribulation? I don't know that as well as others, and it sounds like you're still blaming God. Thus, it fits everything that was discussed here. Anyway, your questions will all be answered in the end with God. Isn't that what the evidence shows?
You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Everything you have comes from a book of fiction written by men who weren't even smart enough to invent toilet paper yet. Now go back to your housework. :biggrin:
Look, GOD is very real. Talk to Him Yourself. Tell HIM you don't believe in HIM. HE's big enough to handle your rejection. Ask HIM to please see HIS reality. Ask HIM to open your eyes! Tell HIM what need from HIM. If you are honest and not playing around, I firmly believe GOD will surprise you; however, you will have no excuses left. Be ready to accept HIM or be willing to accept the eternity you yourself have chosen. The ball is in your court.
Already did that, he never answered.
May I ask what you asked Him about?
I asked him to give me a sign that he exists. Never got anything.
Perhaps HE sent me?

Dead people don't want anything. God does. That means He really needs to tap into His omnipotent capabilities and give me a few coherent syllables so I can do what He wants.
Really? What does God want?
He wants you to stop speaking for him.
I agree. What words have I put in his mouth?
Your "no thing" malarkey, among others. He probably doesn't like to be called a no thing.
He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Matter and energy as we know it can not exist outside of space and time because matter and energy create space and time.
You can't prove anything you say. So pure fartsmoke.

You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Everything you have comes from a book of fiction written by men who weren't even smart enough to invent toilet paper yet. Now go back to your housework. :biggrin:
Look, GOD is very real. Talk to Him Yourself. Tell HIM you don't believe in HIM. HE's big enough to handle your rejection. Ask HIM to please see HIS reality. Ask HIM to open your eyes! Tell HIM what need from HIM. If you are honest and not playing around, I firmly believe GOD will surprise you; however, you will have no excuses left. Be ready to accept HIM or be willing to accept the eternity you yourself have chosen. The ball is in your court.
Already did that, he never answered.
May I ask what you asked Him about?
I asked him to give me a sign that he exists. Never got anything.
Perhaps HE sent me?
So god sends me a dumb shit? That won't cut it.

Really? What does God want?
Your "no thing" malarkey, among others. He probably doesn't like to be called a no thing.
He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Matter and energy as we know it can not exist outside of space and time because matter and energy create space and time.
So you believe it is possible for matter and energy to exist outside of space and time? Interesting.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

So you believe it is possible for matter and energy to exist outside of space and time? Interesting.
Yeah, um, seems pretty obvious that wasnt his point. But you invented some low hanging fruit for yourself....

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Yeah, um, seems pretty obvious that wasnt his point. But you invented some low hanging fruit for yourself....
Invented nothing, Dorothy. That was the point he was replying to.

upload_2019-9-1_13-3-29.jpeg

and in your beliefs, all things the same ... for everyone.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Have you ever been outside of space and time to see what could be there? No. Now STFU.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Invented nothing, Dorothy. That was the point he was replying to.
My point is that you can't prove and back up anything you say, and you just proved my point. Again. Idiot.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Have you ever been outside of space and time to see what could be there? No. Now STFU.
I know it is difficult for you and FortFun to comprehend but I don’t have to be outside of time and space to know that the presence of matter and energy is what creates time and space. This is basic shit.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

I know it is difficult for you and FortFun to comprehend but I don’t have to be outside of time and space to know that the presence of matter and energy is what creates time and space. This is basic shit.
So space with nothing in it doesn't exist? Ummm... no. Now STFU.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Exactly. It is no thing.

He goes by I Am.

How is it malarkey?

Tax, you're not going to be able to reason with someone who can just play the "magic!!!" card at will.

Forum List

Back