Atheists, Why is incest wrong?

Depends on the circumstances. In most cases incest involves an abusive power disparity. Taking advantage of anyone sexually is morally wrong for the same reason any other kind of exploitation would be wrong.

How about a reciprocal question, for the religious folks: If incest weren't deemed immoral by religious authority, would you consider it 'ok'? Why or why not?

Depends on the circumstances. In most cases incest involves an abusive power disparity. Taking advantage of anyone sexually is morally wrong for the same reason any other kind of exploitation would be wrong.

How about a reciprocal question, for the religious folks: If incest weren't deemed immoral by religious authority, would you consider it 'ok'? Why or why not?

No, because I read the Bible. And the Bible is God's Word, and He says it is wrong in His Word. Authority comes from God (that is what I believe) and is not the opinion of mere men.

Last edited:

No, because I read the Bible. And the Bible is God's Word, and He says it is wrong in His Word. Authority comes from God (that is what I believe) and is not the opinion of mere men.

I think you missed the important part of my question. If incest wasn't condemned by the bible, would you consider it 'ok'?

Incest isn't condemned in the Bible, where did you get that idea?

Many of the Bibles heroic characters committed incest.

Starting with Able, and moving on down the line.

Was it LOT's daughters who got him drunk so he would lay with them?

I think you missed the important part of my question. If incest wasn't condemned by the bible, would you consider it 'ok'?

If, If, If... If the moon was made of green cheese, would you eat it?

Forum List

Back