Attempted Military Coup in Turkey

I believe they usually give it to the first poster time wise.
There is a Military Coup underway in Turkey to oust the psychopath Erdogan, military jets, gun fire, tanks etc.

At this time the information is still coming in, but the Chief of the Armed Forces has said the military is now in charge and has taken control of Turkey.

The first below link is a Live Feed.

Turkey coup: military attempt to seize power from Erdogan as low flying jets and gunfire heard in Ankara and bridges across Bosphorus in Istanbul closed

Turkey coup: military attempt to seize power from Erdogan as low flying jets and gunfire heard in Ankara and bridges across Bosphorus in Istanbul closed

Apparent attempted military coup ongoing in Turkey

What's Going on in Turkey?

My thread for some bizarre reason has been taken off me and GIVEN to Freeman who has made only ONE post which has now become his "OP" after my entire thread was given to him.

Huh? WTF?

I believe they usually give it to the first poster time wise.
There is a Military Coup underway in Turkey to oust the psychopath Erdogan, military jets, gun fire, tanks etc.

At this time the information is still coming in, but the Chief of the Armed Forces has said the military is now in charge and has taken control of Turkey.

The first below link is a Live Feed.

Apparent attempted military coup ongoing in Turkey

What's Going on in Turkey?

My thread for some bizarre reason has been taken off me and GIVEN to Freeman who has made only ONE post which has now become his "OP" after my entire thread was given to him.

Huh? WTF?

I posted at 9.44pm and Freeman posted at 9.44pm, so we're talking what mere SECONDS?

Freeman who has made just ONE post and NO other posts and contributed NO Live Updates or links or anything?

Oh well, I'll bail out of this thread now.

Hey Freeman get your ass here, you've been given my thread, so remember to provide Live Updates and a few more posts than your ONE single contribution which has been made your "OP"

Any further comments address to Freeman, I'm not participating in this thread anymore, I'm not having my thread swiped off me and staying in the thread under those circumstances.

Where the time is still allowing actually I'm deleting ALL of my posts that I'm still alllowed within the time frame to delete, except for this one.

WTF?!

Last edited:
Looks like another strong move by Putin to oust NATO ally. Military might lean toward west but I doubt it. Our current president has as many balls as Hillary Clinton. Right at NONE! This is what happens when your POTUS is weak.

This may not be such a bad thing. Turkey has been a Middle Eastern country with a more European culture. Erdogan has been trying to assert more Islamic power into the equation, which I think is not a good thing.

The U.S. and NATO should really stay out of this, but I predict they will condemn the coup and support the current government just like they did when this happened in Thailand two years ago.

A better example would be how Obama supported the Egyptian government:

On 3 July 2013, Egyptian army chief General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi led a coalition to remove the only democratically elected President of Egypt, Mohamed Morsi, from power and suspended the Egyptian constitution. The move came after the military's ultimatum for the government to "resolve its differences" with opponents during widespread national protests. The military arrested Morsi and Muslim Brotherhood leaders,and declared Chief Justice of the Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt Adly Mansour as the interim president of Egypt. The announcement was followed by demonstrations and clashes between supporters and opponents of the move throughout Egypt. The military's action was supported by the Grand Sheikh of Al Azhar Ahmed el-Tayeb, the Coptic Orthodox Pope Tawadros II and opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei.

There were mixed international reactions to the events. Most Arab leaders were generally supportive or neutral, with the exception of Tunisia who strongly condemned the military's actions. The US refused to describe the action as a coup. Other states either condemned or expressed concern over the removal of Morsi. Due to the regulations of the African Union regarding the interruption of constitutional rule by a member state, Egypt was suspended from that union. There has also been debate in the media regarding the labeling of these events. It has been described by most Western nations as a coup or as a revolution by proponents.

Looks like another strong move by Putin to oust NATO ally. Military might lean toward west but I doubt it. Our current president has as many balls as Hillary Clinton. Right at NONE! This is what happens when your POTUS is weak.

You actually think O'bama is the President of Turkey now?

SMFH

Supposedly Erdoğan has received asylum in Germany.

Last edited:
NATO has no business doing anything. Turkey wasn't attacked.

NATO should have an emergency meeting and immediately suspend Turkey's membership.

Turkey may be a strict Islamic nation by the end of the day.

Are you that stupid? The Turkish military are the heirs to Ataturk, the guy who secularized Turkey and who was an as anti-Islamist as you could get.

Obama does not believe in secular dictatorships, from what I gather in the middle east.
This may not be such a bad thing. Turkey has been a Middle Eastern country with a more European culture. Erdogan has been trying to assert more Islamic power into the equation, which I think is not a good thing.

The U.S. and NATO should really stay out of this, but I predict they will condemn the coup and support the current government just like they did when this happened in Thailand two years ago.

A better example would be how Obama supported the Egyptian government:

On 3 July 2013, Egyptian army chief General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi led a coalition to remove the only democratically elected President of Egypt, Mohamed Morsi, from power and suspended the Egyptian constitution. The move came after the military's ultimatum for the government to "resolve its differences" with opponents during widespread national protests. The military arrested Morsi and Muslim Brotherhood leaders,and declared Chief Justice of the Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt Adly Mansour as the interim president of Egypt. The announcement was followed by demonstrations and clashes between supporters and opponents of the move throughout Egypt. The military's action was supported by the Grand Sheikh of Al Azhar Ahmed el-Tayeb, the Coptic Orthodox Pope Tawadros II and opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei.

There were mixed international reactions to the events. Most Arab leaders were generally supportive or neutral, with the exception of Tunisia who strongly condemned the military's actions. The US refused to describe the action as a coup. Other states either condemned or expressed concern over the removal of Morsi. Due to the regulations of the African Union regarding the interruption of constitutional rule by a member state, Egypt was suspended from that union. There has also been debate in the media regarding the labeling of these events. It has been described by most Western nations as a coup or as a revolution by proponents.

...Rusya...
Obama might just lose an entire NATO nation right before convention. NOT GOOD.

I welcome the military coup in Turkey. Erdogan is a psychopath, he wants Turkey to be the HQ of the new Islamic Caliphate, he's been doing deals with ISIS and he's been blackmailing the European Continent.

So I wish the Turkish military the best of luck and I think many Europeans would agree with me.
I was looking at the NATO angle.
I don't see NATO supporting Erdogan. Türkiye has the second largest force in NATO and we have very close relations with the military. We train them, we supply them, their pilots come to the U.S. to fly jets over Oklahoma, Nevada to train.
There may be lip service, but tepid, not forceful.

Can we hire these guys to run the Republican Convention security?

As a member of a group of bikers, I received an email inviting me to take part in a ride to Cleveland. I've also seen a couple of news stories saying that bikers are going to converge on Cleveland to provide security.

I hope and pray nothing turns violent.

Forum List

Back