Attention Atheists: Please post irrefutable proof that you are not a douchebag

I never ridicule anyone's legitimate religious faith. I merely point out that most self-styled atheists really aren't atheists, because they merely substitute traditional religions for those of their own choosing, still working totally on faith in something that cannot be proven, but just as fanatical. These would be the global warming zealots and the Obamaphiles, to name two.

A REAL atheist never substitutes another faith, never ridicules true faiths, and isn't fanatical or militant. REAL atheists don't troll religious forums or threads, picking fights -- instead they ignore those. REAL atheists instead are happy at choices others make, so long as those choices aren't expected of them.

"Aren't expected of them" is the key phrase there.

Real Athiests do not accept a lie as easily as you do. Your myths are a cancer on our collective thought.
That's exactly why, moron, that I don't accept the AGW lies, don't jump on the current cult of personality, and don't replace religious faith with any other kind of faith.

You on the other hand, do. Because you are a complete smegma head dolt.

The most harmful thing the religious have done in this country from the current, very long list, is promote mysticism over science. The Christian War On Science will turn us into a third world country. It's already working it's "magic".
Ahh, another "science" worshiper. You've replaced religious faith with blind faith in science. Especially when it's the junk variety.

See?

I never ridicule anyone's legitimate religious faith. I merely point out that most self-styled atheists really aren't atheists, because they merely substitute traditional religions for those of their own choosing, still working totally on faith in something that cannot be proven, but just as fanatical. These would be the global warming zealots and the Obamaphiles, to name two.

A REAL atheist never substitutes another faith, never ridicules true faiths, and isn't fanatical or militant. REAL atheists don't troll religious forums or threads, picking fights -- instead they ignore those. REAL atheists instead are happy at choices others make, so long as those choices aren't expected of them.

"Aren't expected of them" is the key phrase there.

Real Athiests do not accept a lie as easily as you do. Your myths are a cancer on our collective thought.
That's exactly why, moron, that I don't accept the AGW lies, don't jump on the current cult of personality, and don't replace religious faith with any other kind of faith.

Get that dick out of your mouth faggot. I can't understand a word.

Agnostic has become almost as worthless a label as liberal since so many people have conflicting understandings of it's true definition.

Just because a bunch of dumbasses don't understand what 'agnostic' means (as opposed to atheist, etc.), it doesn't mean that the term is worthless. I'd argue.

The value of words resides in their ability to be used to communicate right?

When a word's meaning becomes so disparately understood it's value in this regard diminishes.

There are a lot of words that many people have never even heard (such as a lot of jargon) and have no clue what they mean, that still doesn't render them worthless. It's rather easy going online and looking up the word 'agnostic', the fact that a lot of people fail to 'get it' only means there's a lot of meatheads out there, nothing else.

Is it me or does it seem that lately the atheists around here seem to be the most insecure in their faith in randomness.

:eusa_whistle:

Well, I checked at the local drugstore and since none of the douchebags seem to have fingers, I'll offer the fact that I'm typing as irrefutable proof that I'm not one.

As for insecurity among atheists- I certainly hope so. One of the most redeeming characteristics about atheists I have met is that they are less likely to exhibit the symptoms of close-mindedness brought about by the disease of Absolute Certainty. I agree completely that it takes faith to be have absolute certainty. The faith and absolute certainty that comes with it are what I consider possibly the most dangerous aspect of any belief. Yes, I'm insecure about my beliefs- and I think the world would be better if more people were as well.

How weak can one be? Huggy demonstrates above!

And we all know you cannot understand simple phrases, ideas, and words. Because that's how truly, toweringly stupid you are.

"Faggot?" How fourth-grade and infantile of you. That's all you got? :rofl:

How weak can one be? Huggy demonstrates above!

And we all know you cannot understand simple phrases, ideas, and words. Because that's how truly, toweringly stupid you are.

"Faggot?" How fourth-grade and infantile of you. That's all you got? :rofl:

You are the one in hot pink.

Is it me or does it seem that lately the atheists around here seem to be the most insecure in their faith in randomness.

:eusa_whistle:

Well, I checked at the local drugstore and since none of the douchebags seem to have fingers, I'll offer the fact that I'm typing as irrefutable proof that I'm not one.

As for insecurity among atheists- I certainly hope so. One of the most redeeming characteristics about atheists I have met is that they are less likely to exhibit the symptoms of close-mindedness brought about by the disease of Absolute Certainty. I agree completely that it takes faith to be have absolute certainty. The faith and absolute certainty that comes with it are what I consider possibly the most dangerous aspect of any belief. Yes, I'm insecure about my beliefs- and I think the world would be better if more people were as well.

Haha, very well said! :clap2:

The most harmful thing the religious have done in this country from the current, very long list, is promote mysticism over science. The Christian War On Science will turn us into a third world country. It's already working it's "magic".
Ahh, another "science" worshiper. You've replaced religious faith with blind faith in science. Especially when it's the junk variety.

See?

Just pickin and grining eh? That would be you on the banjo?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8]YouTube - Dueling Banjos Deliverance[/ame]

Agnostic has become almost as worthless a label as liberal since so many people have conflicting understandings of it's true definition.

I believe that god has not yet been proven, but it's not beyond the possibilty, just no proof at all yet. What's so hard about that? But then again, since you're afflicted with religion, you are a douchebag.

Just because a bunch of dumbasses don't understand what 'agnostic' means (as opposed to atheist, etc.), it doesn't mean that the term is worthless. I'd argue.

When a word's meaning becomes so disparately understood it's value in this regard diminishes.

There are a lot of words that many people have never even heard (such as a lot of jargon) and have no clue what they mean, that still doesn't render them worthless. It's rather easy going online and looking up the word 'agnostic', the fact that a lot of people fail to 'get it' only means there's a lot of meatheads out there, nothing else.

You're missing the point. There are multiple, conflicting definitions that can be found online. How are you certain yours is the correct one?

I believe that god has not yet been proven, but it's not beyond the possibilty, just no proof at all yet. What's so hard about that? But then again, since you're afflicted with religion, you are a douchebag.

One need not be afflicted with religion to be a douchebag. I present you as irrefutable evidence of this. But what makes you think I'm "afflicted" with religion?

Don't confuse the fact that I find atheist evangelists equally, if not more annoying than bible thumpers as me being particularly religious.

You're missing the point. There are multiple, conflicting definitions that can be found online. How are you certain yours is the correct one?

Huh? :eusa_eh: Do you have a point or do you just want to have the last word in this? Because it seems to me that it is the latter.

Huh? :eusa_eh: Do you have a point or do you just want to have the last word in this? Because it seems to me that it is the latter.

The point is there isn't a consensus on exactly what agnostic means. And therefore it's value as a label is very limited. Perhaps worthless was a bit hyperbolic, but I assumed you could have figured that out on your own.

The point is there isn't a consensus on exactly what agnostic means. And therefore it's value as a label is very limited. Perhaps worthless was a bit hyperbolic, but I assumed you could have figured that out on your own.

Well, that is news to me. Last time I checked, the definition of 'agnostic' was pretty straight forward. But maybe in the secluded academic circles the discussion rages on ... :lol:

Well, that is news to me. Last time I checked, the definition of 'agnostic' was pretty straight forward. But maybe in the secluded academic circles the discussion rages on ... :lol:

Then go ahead and post one with a link. I dare you.

The one time I tried praying to God he told me I was ok....and then I went back to being agnostic.

One need not be afflicted with religion to be a douchebag. I present you as irrefutable evidence of this. But what makes you think I'm "afflicted" with religion?

Don't confuse the fact that I find atheist evangelists equally, if not more annoying than bible thumpers as me being particularly religious.

I'd say that 10,000+ posts in a year and a half makes you the king of douchebags.

Forum List

Back