Average, everyday Americans are not smart/informed enough to understand public policy

he doesnt come off as being to bright either.....just another whiner ....smart people dont whine about things,they do what they have to do to survive the day....

I don't think intelligence prevents whining. ;)
you are right.....then lets put it this way...most smart people will not whine daily about trump being president,they will do what they did during the other presidents terms....figure out how to survive the administrations....

Ordinarily, I'd agree. But it just seems like we've gone "full retard" with Trump. I'm not sure we will survive unless we remove him from office.
i heard much the same from righties with obama,and lefties with bush....and yet here we are,we will survive this guy too....

Im just wondering what the next one is going to look like.

Frankenfurter.

Issues like economics, healthcare policy, or the complexity of congress evaluating and passing bills go way over American’s heads.

Americans tend to hold political opinions that are based on intuitive thinking rather than an informed opinion. For example, it intuitively makes sense for welfare participants to be drug tested as a condition of qualification. The actual facts make this solution stupid, however. For one thing, drug use among recipients of SNAP or TANF is statistically low and the cost of implementing this policy is very expensive. It would accomplish mostly nothing. Moreover, programs like Medicare and Medicaid are also considered “welfare”. Are we really going to test all of those people?

Another example is the bullshit myth of trickle down economics. Intuitively, it makes sense to give tax breaks to corporations because it would make logical sense for them to invest the money they save into labor. The problem with this is that corporations are already wealthier than ever before! There is no incentive for these corporations to invest the money because it’s just easier to keep it. A booming stock market also means dick as far as expecting jobs to be created or wages to be raised. Get it? It’s simple logic if you actually knew some basic facts.

My overall point is this: the downside of a democratic process is that stupid people who have no idea what they’re talking about are allowed to vote on candidates and policy. I mean shit, most Americans can’t even name all 3 branches of government!
and of course you are not one of these stupid people,right billy?....
Yep, me and most other liberals.

Arrogance at its finest.

Billy baloney and friends, are going to tell you what to do. Doesn't that just make you a bunch of happy-campers, lol!

Issues like economics, healthcare policy, or the complexity of congress evaluating and passing bills go way over American’s heads.

Americans tend to hold political opinions that are based on intuitive thinking rather than an informed opinion. For example, it intuitively makes sense for welfare participants to be drug tested as a condition of qualification. The actual facts make this solution stupid, however. For one thing, drug use among recipients of SNAP or TANF is statistically low and the cost of implementing this policy is very expensive. It would accomplish mostly nothing. Moreover, programs like Medicare and Medicaid are also considered “welfare”. Are we really going to test all of those people?

Another example is the bullshit myth of trickle down economics. Intuitively, it makes sense to give tax breaks to corporations because it would make logical sense for them to invest the money they save into labor. The problem with this is that corporations are already wealthier than ever before! There is no incentive for these corporations to invest the money because it’s just easier to keep it. A booming stock market also means dick as far as expecting jobs to be created or wages to be raised. Get it? It’s simple logic if you actually knew some basic facts.

My overall point is this: the downside of a democratic process is that stupid people who have no idea what they’re talking about are allowed to vote on candidates and policy. I mean shit, most Americans can’t even name all 3 branches of government!
Now you know why we have President Trump.

Attitudes just like this one.

So tell me...why are there so many gotcha vids of liberals getting owned when it comes to knowledge about America's political structure and policies?

So tell me...why are there so many gotcha vids of liberals getting owned when it comes to knowledge about America's political structure and policies?
Oh like that Watters douch nozzle? Fox just cherry picks stupid people in his interviews. Obviously they wouldn’t air anyone intelligent. Of course there are plenty of examples of conservatives saying dumb shit on camera.

Another example:

It seems logical that people would work together as a community and share in the fruits of their labor. It makes logical sense that they would all work in harmony, having shared ownership of all property. It makes logical sense that they would all work for the greater good, never thinking of themselves.

But, that would require humans to stop being human.

Humans cannot avoid being lazy, greedy, glutenous, envious, and prideful. What will happen is a few will end up doing all the work and will be force to share with the lazy. Others will try to horde more for themselves. Some will envy others. On and on.

That logical society you butt fucking commies call UTOPIA will fall apart because such a society cannot exist. Humans cannot rid themselves of their nature.

So, yeah. Some idiots who think such a society can work should never vote.

:beer:

Oh like that Watters douch nozzle? Fox just cherry picks stupid people in his interviews. Obviously they wouldn’t air anyone intelligent. Of course there are plenty of examples of conservatives saying dumb shit on camera.

Than I guess there should be an equal amount of Conservatives looking like idiots on YouTube.....
After all. You leftist are suppossed to be all into film and global warming documentaries.

Another example:

It seems logical that people would work together as a community and share in the fruits of their labor. It makes logical sense that they would all work in harmony, having shared ownership of all property. It makes logical sense that they would all work for the greater good, never thinking of themselves.

Humans cannot avoid being lazy, greedy, glutenous, envious, and prideful. What will happen is a few will end up doing all the work and will be force to share with the lazy. Others will try to horde more for themselves. Some will envy others. On and on.

That logical society you butt fucking commies call UTOPIA will fall apart because such a society cannot exist. Humans cannot rid themselves of their nature.

Humans certainly are selfish which is why social justice must be enforced by law.

Another example:

Humans certainly are selfish which is why social justice must be enforced by law.

Oh look!!!!!!! Another coward who thinks the Gov should make everyone do what he wants us to do. I hate to be the one to break this to you but you aren't an intelligent person.

Another example:

Yes, we are selfish.

We go to discount stores and buy products from overseas for a lower pice, then complain that monkey jobs don't pay anything in America.

We want government to force industry to pay people what they want instead of what they are worth.

When we talk about not enough tax collections, we want the people that already pay most of the taxes for all of us to pay even more instead of us paying more.

Some of us want taxpayers to feed us, clothe us, provide us with cell phones, and pay for us to live in the suburbs.

Some of us want to continue having children that taxpayers have to financially support.

There is all sorts of selfishness out there.

you are far from a liberal
he doesnt come off as being to bright either.....just another whiner ....smart people dont whine about things,they do what they have to do to survive the day....

I don't think intelligence prevents whining. ;)
you are right.....then lets put it this way...most smart people will not whine daily about trump being president,they will do what they did during the other presidents terms....figure out how to survive the administrations....

Ordinarily, I'd agree. But it just seems like we've gone "full retard" with Trump. I'm not sure we will survive unless we remove him from office.

Correct. I don't know how we will survive a soaring stock market, low unemployment, less illegals in the country, less regulations on our job creators, lower taxes for most everybody. Just such a bad situation.

I've talked about a solution to your problem for quite some time now. What we need is a very simplistic test before you are allowed to vote. Questions like who is the VP? What party does he belong to? Which party holds leadership of Congress? The Senate? Multiple questions like how much debt does the US owe? A) 50 billion, B) 50 trillion, C) 20 trillion, or D) 200 billion?

You see, we Republicans would be all for such a test. Democrats would go ape shit because they know many in those inner-cities wouldn't be able to answer one of those questions. They would no longer be able to pull hobos off of train tracks and get them to vote for a pack of cigarettes.

We would be a Republican led country forever.

Another example:

Another example:

Ein volk, ein reich, ein Fuhrer?

Another example:

Another example:

The founding fathers, you know, created laws. Obviously following laws is nothing new.

Another example:

Another example:

The founding fathers, you know, created laws. Obviously following laws is nothing new.

Except that you don't believe in the Laws they created little man.

Another example:

Another example:

Except that you don't believe in the Laws they created little man.
Untrue. You just don’t understand them. They were liberal afterall.

and of course you are not one of these stupid people,right billy?....

Illusory superiority - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back