Backing Yet Another Liar

Dying Iraq War vet?s angry message to Bush, Cheney - Salon.com

To: George W. Bush and Dick Cheney

"I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. I write not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole."

Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq War

FOCUS | Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq War

Damn!

oopps! AGAIN

Well, when you offer this brilliant "proof"....

...I can only offer one equally compelling:

Don't feel sad, don't feel blue, Frankenstein was ugly too.

BTW....Michael Moore made more from Iraq than did Halliburton.

So....that proves.....what?

Colon Powell is a known liar who should hang for his lies because his lies cost our nation thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.
https://www.google.com/search?q=gwu+iraq&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
Perhaps I was incorrect in expecting you to be articulate, as you seem unable to actually state the lies.

Care to give it a try?

...or are you a government school grad?
You quote an entirely incorrect statement from a corporate tool like Ann Coulter and expect people to listen to you like you're a scholar?

I've given you declassified government documents which prove the Iraq war was all one giant fucking lie. Read those declassified government documents to see for yourself.

What was the lie?

Whose was it?

More evidence exists to confirm that six other presidents used the IRS to target political opponents than exists to confirm Obama did.

You simply swallow the lies you choose to swallow because of your political bias. You make excuses for "your own" and gin up rage over the "other guys."

You folks make our presidents look honest by comparison.
Enjoy yourselves - you can continue this hissy unchecked and un-debunked from here on out. I prefer to spend my time with honest posters.

There is no evidence any president ever used the IRS against his enemies, except one. Barack Obama.

Not a shred of evidence was produced linking President Obama to any culpability of any wrongdoing at the IRS.

How many times must I hear from Obama apologists that 'there isn't a smidgen of evidence against Obama in the IRS scandal???

Let's begin today's lesson with "Cui bono," the Latin phrase meaning "to whose benefit?"

And, keep in mind, that, just as in most cases presented to a jury, circumstantial evidence is dispositive, meaning that a confession is not necessary.

1. White House Visitors Log :March 31, 2010.
According to the White House Visitors Log, provided here in searchable form by U.S. News and World Report, the president of the anti-Tea Party National Treasury Employees Union, Colleen Kelley, visited the White House at 12:30pm that Wednesday noon time of March 31st.

a. "For me, it's about collaboration." -- National Treasury Employees Union President Colleen Kelley on the relationship between the anti-Tea Party IRS union and the Obama White House

b. The very next day after her White House meeting with the President, according to the Treasury Department’s Inspector General’s Report, IRS employees -- the same employees who belong to the NTEU -- set to work in earnest targeting the Tea Party and conservative groups around America. The IG report wrote it up this way:
April 1-2, 2010: The new Acting Manager, Technical Unit, suggested the need for a Sensitive Case Report on the Tea Party cases. The Determinations Unit Program Manager Agreed."
Obama and the IRS: The Smoking Gun? | The American Spectator

Why?
Because the White House understood what was coming in the mid term elections, 2010.

2. What did Obama foresee in the 2010 midterm elections, and the 2012 re-election campaign, that could necessitate such illegality?

"Due to the attention that the Tea Party focused on his policies, he received a terrible defeat in the 2010 midterm elections.
"President Obama had a blunt response when asked Wednesday to explain how it felt to watch the Democratic Party suffer the worst electoral defeat in the House in more than half a century."
Obama admits he got a ?shellacking,? but shows no sign of budging on core agenda | The Daily Caller

3. "The obvious question instantly arises with the revelation that Kelley was meeting with the President personally -- the day before the IRS kicked into high gear with its “Sensitive Case Report on the Tea Party”.

The NTEU, through its political action committee, raised $613,633 in the 2010 cycle, giving 98% of its contributions to anti-Tea Party Democrats.
In 2012 the figure was $729,708, with 94% going to anti-Tea Party candidates. One NTEU candidate after another, as discussed last week in this space, campaigned vigorously against the Tea Party.

So the motivations here -- defeating the Tea Party in 2010, and failing at that, making sure that the news of the metastasizing cancer in the IRS was kept quiet until after the 2012 presidential election was over -- are clear."
Ibid.

It would be a lie for an intelligent person claim not to be able to connect those dots.

I said intelligent person.
You're excused.

Colon Powell is a known liar who should hang for his lies because his lies cost our nation thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.
https://www.google.com/search?q=gwu+iraq&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
Perhaps I was incorrect in expecting you to be articulate, as you seem unable to actually state the lies.

Care to give it a try?

...or are you a government school grad?
You quote an entirely incorrect statement from a corporate tool like Ann Coulter and expect people to listen to you like you're a scholar?

I've given you declassified government documents which prove the Iraq war was all one giant fucking lie. Read those declassified government documents to see for yourself.

Here it comes:

Clinton WMD's

Clear Evidence of Iraqi WMD Program

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs]Bill Clinton: Clear Evidence of Iraqi WMD Program - YouTube[/ame]

Gore WMD's

No Doubt Saddam's Weapons Are Grave Threat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBl0fnMUVc]Al Gore: No Doubt Saddam's Weapons Are Grave Threat - YouTube[/ame]

Kerry WMD's

John Kerry saying he found WMD in Iraq

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH93UlGHBfk]John Kerry saying he found WMD in Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEQCUgOxShc]BaZing! - YouTube[/ame]

mmmm, chips and dip, they can destroy the world as long as I have my chips and dip...I like the girl also.....

Unfortunately no political party can claim the high ground when it comes to lying.

George W. Bush
1) Pat Tillman was killed by enemy combatants
2) Iraq funded Al Qaida
3) We don't torture
4) Iraq has weapons of mass destruction
5) I first got to know Ken Lay in 1994
6) We found weapons of mass destruction
7) Mission acomplished

Bill Clinton:
1) I did not have sex with that woman
nuff said

George H.W. Bush:
1) No new taxes
2) Willie Horton
3) Iran-Contra

Reagan:
1) Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do
2) Mt. St. Helens emitted more sulfur dioxide than cars do in 10 years
3) P.W. Botha eliminated segregation in South Africa

Nixon:
1) I am not a crook

Lyndon Johnson:
1) We are not bombing Cambodia
2) We are not conducting operations outside of Vietnam

Kennedy
1) Feigned surprise at missiles in Cuba

There has not be a completely honest POTUS in my lifetime.

"Nixon:
1) I am not a crook"

Just note in passing.....Nixon never used the IRS against his political enemies.

Only one President has......Barack Obama.

that is a lie. do please show proof that this president ever directed any misuse of the IRS.

btw... the nypost does not proof make. but they do state the rightwing talking points very well.

Unfortunately no political party can claim the high ground when it comes to lying.

George W. Bush
2) Iraq funded Al Qaida
3) We don't torture
7) Mission acomplished

Bill Clinton:
nuff said

George H.W. Bush:
1) No new taxes
2) Willie Horton
3) Iran-Contra

Reagan:

Nixon:
1) I am not a crook

Lyndon Johnson:

Kennedy

"Nixon:
1) I am not a crook"

Just note in passing.....Nixon never used the IRS against his political enemies.

that is a lie. do please show proof that this president ever directed any misuse of the IRS.

btw... the nypost does not proof make. but they do state the rightwing talking points very well.

In the Nixon tape recordings they catch him ordering an IRS hit.
IT'S ON TAPE.

But OP prefers to deny that it ever happened in order to try to defend this "only Obama" meme.

Makes all our presidents look VERY honest by comparison.

"Nixon:
1) I am not a crook"

IT'S ON TAPE.

But OP prefers to deny that it ever happened in order to try to defend this "only Obama" meme.

The op wasn't living in this country then :eusa_whistle: Busy eating dog

George W. Bush
2) Iraq funded Al Qaida
3) We don't torture
7) Mission acomplished

Bill Clinton:
nuff said

George H.W. Bush:
1) No new taxes
2) Willie Horton
3) Iran-Contra

Reagan:

Nixon:
1) I am not a crook

Lyndon Johnson:

Kennedy

"Nixon:
1) I am not a crook"

You should know by now that I never lie, and can always back up what I say.

Again: Nixon never used the IRS against his political enemies.
Obama did.

I use words with precision.

You should try to do the same.

Nixon never used the IRS.
I don't doubt that he discussed it.

Read carefully:

Nixon sought to use the enemies list to target his opponents and he wanted to use the IRS to achieve that goal, Naftali said.
"The story is interesting because the IRS wouldn't do it," he said. "It didn't happen, not because the White House didn't want it to happen, but because people like Johnnie Walters said 'no.'"

I said to him, 'John, do you know what you're doing?' " Walters recalled. "He said, 'No, what do you mean?'"

Walters, in disbelief, walked out with the enemies list. A couple of days later, he showed the list to Secretary of the Treasury George Shultz, his boss, and said that in his opinion the IRS should do "absolutely nothing" with it.

Shultz glanced at the list, threw it back across his desk and indicated that Walters should lock it up in his safe and do nothing further, Walters wrote.

He personally sealed the list, locked it in the safe and told no one at the IRS he had it.
"We did not touch a single person on that list," he said.
Former IRS chief recalls defying Nixon

That is from the Left leaning USAToday
Former IRS chief recalls defying Nixon

This is what is meant by 'documented.'

Nixon never used the IRS against his political enemies.

Only Barack Obama has done that. That makes him a crook, doesn't it?

Again, here is why you should use words precisely:

From Article II of the Articles of Impeachment adopted by the House Judiciary Committee:

He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens,income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be initiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.
Flashback: Nixon?s articles of impeachment included IRS scandal | WashingtonExaminer.com

Look up "endeavoured."

It does not mean "accomplished."

Would you like to apologize?

IT'S ON TAPE.

The op wasn't living in this country then :eusa_whistle: Busy eating dog

If it was true that I 'eat dog,' you'd be in grave danger.

"Nixon:
1) I am not a crook"

IT'S ON TAPE.

NO, you moron.....it is not me stating that the IRS was not used, Walters said it!

"Nominated as IRS commissioner by Nixon, Johnnie Mac Walters headed the IRS from Aug. 6, 1971, to April 30, 1973. Nixon White House counsel John Dean gave Walters an envelope containing the names of about 200 prominent Democrats to harass.

Walters refused to target the individuals."
What Did Nixon Do? | FrontPage Magazine

“The story is interesting because the IRS wouldn’t do it,” said Tim Naftali, former director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. “It didn’t happen, not because the White House didn’t want it to happen, but because people like Johnnie Walters said ‘no.’”

Contrast Walters with left-wing bureaucrat Lois Lerner, head of the tax exempt organizations division at the IRS, who apparently did the Obama administration’s bidding, harassing conservative groups and funders."
Ibid.

George W. Bush
2) Iraq funded Al Qaida
3) We don't torture
7) Mission acomplished

You're not seriously compariing these to the points in the article.....are you?

For once you're right. It's not appropriate to put the disaster of Iraq that we were lied into in the same category as the nonsense you posted.

What lies?

And who told them?

It's all been well documented. Colin Powell's trip to the UN with fake pictures of non-existent WMD's was probably the most damaging.

Did the GOP run someone against Obama who'd never been caught in a lie? Is that the point of this thread...that we had a choice between someone who'd been caught lying and someone who never had?

I don't think that's true.

In a move not made public at the time, the Kennedy administration established an "Ideological Organizations Audit project" within the IRS, which targeted conservative groups, such as the John Birch Society. In November, the IRS launched audits of 22 "extremist organizations," several of which lost their tax-exempt status, jeopardizing their fundraising, according to Kennedy biographer Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

No corroborating evidence for this exists. Only one president is know to have used the IRS against his enemies: Barack Hussein Obama.

Not only has Obama never been shown to be guilty of any wrongdoing, none of the people at the IRS have even been indicted, let alone convicted.

This is another classic rightwing myth.

For once you're right. It's not appropriate to put the disaster of Iraq that we were lied into in the same category as the nonsense you posted.

What lies?

And who told them?

It's all been well documented. Colin Powell's trip to the UN with fake pictures of non-existent WMD's was probably the most damaging.

Ohhhhh.....like this:

1. "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

2. "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

3. "Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

4. "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18,1998.

5. "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

6. "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

7. "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

8. "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

9. "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source
snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

You look pretty much like a dunce, huh?

No change there.

Once again you offer no proof to dispute the facts. Typical of someone with nothing but hatred.
If you cannot see a difference from the VP of the USA, someone that crafted the reasons to go to war making a profit and someone like Michael Moore making money you are extremely dense.
Prove that Michael Moore made all that money from one source, the Iraq War.
Ready! Do it.!!
Liar.
:cuckoo:

"I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. I write not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole."

Damn!

oopps! AGAIN

You should know by now that I never lie, and can always back up what I say.

All evidence to the contrary

Let's see any of that evidence that you claim, offal.

I provided undeniable proof that you are a liar and a dope.

I notice you've learned not to claim any 'lies' about Willie Horton.
See, you can learn.

Once again you offer no proof to dispute the facts. Typical of someone with nothing but hatred.
If you cannot see a difference from the VP of the USA, someone that crafted the reasons to go to war making a profit and someone like Michael Moore making money you are extremely dense.
Prove that Michael Moore made all that money from one source, the Iraq War.
Ready! Do it.!!
Liar.
:cuckoo:

Damn!

oopps! AGAIN

Look at the post just above yours, you dope.

That was from a President named Clinton.

The evidence was posted.
You've been exposed.

try to divert to name-calling all you want. It doesn't change the facts. You make Obama look honest by comparison.

Now if you will excuse me, I have honest discussions with honest posters to discuss. That doesn't include you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back