🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Every rationalization they use leads to one conclusion, "I can use the government to force you to accept me"

Actually I think it's more like "Gay people in Colorado(and a few other states) can use the States Law to punish businesses who discriminate against gay people"

So fuck winning hearts and minds, lets ruin people who disagree with you.

You enjoy your progressiveness with a side of fascism, I see.

Our civil liberties are inalienable, one need not "ask permission" to possess or use them.

Actually I think it's more like "Gay people in Colorado(and a few other states) can use the States Law to punish businesses who discriminate against gay people"

Our civil liberties are inalienable, one need not "ask permission" to possess or use them.

My First amendment to the constitution trumps your law.

Couldn't them darkies just keep quit and eat in the back room instead of demanding to sit up at the counter, or just go somewhere else to eat?

Course they could have.......

Public businesses use public services, such is the law. Though what is termed "re-education" is actually explaining what PUBLIC means to this business, which no doubt wants police & fire protection, sanitary water, and all the other "goodies" the public provides. Gay citizens are taxed as part of the public, should gay Americans pay less taxes because of public businesses wherein they are refused service?

Let me see if I've got this straight. It used to be that businesses - I have no fucking clue what a "public business" is, but I assume it's your new PC-speak for "We allow you the privilege of working, peon" - paid taxes in order to provide themselves and the community with things like police, fire departments, etc. Now, if I'm understanding your warped worldview, individuals pay taxes in order to provide themselves with businesses staffed and run by government slaves who are gifted with the privilege of sharing in the police, fire department, etc. in exchange for completing courses in brainwashing and indoctrination in order to not offend their tax-paying masters in the general public. And, apparently, businesses don't pay any taxes?

Did I miss something?

No, you did a good job of getting everything wrong and exhibiting your comprehensive ignorance of the subject.

Every rationalization they use leads to one conclusion, "I can use the government to force you to accept me"

#1 - you dinks don't know what "fascism" means - publicly shaming a bigot homophobe is a lot different then dragging him out of his home in the middle of the night.

#2 - public shaming is a great way to move hearts and minds. People see a bit of themselves in the person being publicly shamed and humiliated and then they reconsider their position, their attitudes.

#3 - fascism involves publicly stoning and whipping people - telling someone operating a business on a public road / sidewalk that they can't discriminate is just good American values and Christian tolerance.

It has nothing to do with me, I don't live there. Colorado enforcing it's anti discrimination law is now fascism?

Does that mean I should call you a pro-discrimination Nazi?

Nazis were very fond of discrimination.

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with me, I don't live there. Colorado enforcing it's anti discrimination law is now fascism?

Nazis are also fond of laws that deny religious rights. Ask the Jews.

They need to be challenged again.

Of the bigots and homophobe could just move to their own leper colony.

That wouldn't solve the problem. We'd still be saddled with the legal precedent for government that dictates our personal decisions.

You decide to open a business that services the public, that business only exists and benefits from public streets, public sidewalks -- and the commerce created by the public and private sector working together.

You CAN DECIDE to fly under the radar and run a business out of your home that only services people from your church.

No one is dictating that DECISION.

But once you do decide to run a business that services the public -- in America, you can't discriminate.

The logic of the baker is the same logic of segregationist -- misquoting the bible to justify personal fear and bigotry.

Nazis are also fond of laws that deny religious rights. Ask the Jews.

Stop confusing his right to practice a religion with his desire to spew a hateful twisted version of Christianity in his place of business which happens to server the general public.

Civil liberties involve government interaction with the citizen. This is government choosing who has more of a right to be offended, and then punishing the other side.

And if you have the same reverence for the 2nd amendment, I would fall over and have a fucking heart attack.

Of the bigots and homophobe could just move to their own leper colony.

That wouldn't solve the problem. We'd still be saddled with the legal precedent for government that dictates our personal decisions.

You decide to open a business that services the public, that business only exists and benefits from public streets, public sidewalks -- and the commerce created by the public and private sector working together.

You CAN DECIDE to fly under the radar and run a business out of your home that only services people from your church.

No one is dictating that DECISION.

But once you do decide to run a business that services the public -- in America, you can't discriminate.

The logic of the baker is the same logic of segregationist -- misquoting the bible to justify personal fear and bigotry.

Yeah... I know how it works. I think it's insane. We're now using government to tell people what they can think, and what they can't, what opinions, fears, preferences, etc... they are allowed.

#1 - you dinks don't know what "fascism" means - publicly shaming a bigot homophobe is a lot different then dragging him out of his home in the middle of the night.

#2 - public shaming is a great way to move hearts and minds. People see a bit of themselves in the person being publicly shamed and humiliated and then they reconsider their position, their attitudes.

#3 - fascism involves publicly stoning and whipping people - telling someone operating a business on a public road / sidewalk that they can't discriminate is just good American values and Christian tolerance.

This isn't public shaming, its using the government to control people, which is EXACTLY what fascism is.

I am for allowing private entities to discriminate, not government or any company that works for the government.

Colorado is basically making Thoughtcrime punishable via loss of your livelihood. If that isn't fascism I don't know what is.

Nope, what I am pointing out is reasoning based on scripture in the case of the baker and the photographer, as opposed to Seawytch's reasoning on denying services to Christians, which would be based on spite.

If public accommodation laws were removed, the reasoning wouldn't be a matter of law, but I'm sure it would be a reason to patronize/not patronize a business.

As an example, would I patronize a shop that does not provide cakes for gay weddings due to religious convictions? Yes. Would I patronize a shop that does not provide cakes for gay weddings due to "I HATZ THE QUEERSZ THEY SHOULD DIE DIE DIE"? Most definitely not.

Basing a belief on scripture does not automatically somehow sanctify and take away any spite underlying it.

Is there any evidence of malice or spite in the case of the baker? Does not baking a cake lower itself to malice or spite automatically?

Sea's approach would be tit for tat, and against a group of people, not the people in question, thus fitting the accusation of spite.

I think the baker's action is taken in spite. He says his personal beliefs prevent him from participating, but that is really tripe. He's saying his cakes are for straights only. He's not participating in a wedding by baking a cake, he's serving mammon. If his religious beliefs are so effing compromised, he can donate his profit to a charity of his choice.

And yes, either enforcing a public accomodations law or boycotting the baker in response to refusing to bake the cake is a spiteful act.

I am for allowing private entities to discriminate, not government or any company that works for the government.

Colorado is basically making Thoughtcrime punishable via loss of your livelihood. If that isn't fascism I don't know what is.

That's amusing, "Thought Crimes". As if all the baker did was think about discriminating against the couple. His refusal of service was a crime in Colorado.

Forum List

Back