Baltimore riots...and the Hypocrisy of right wingers

You can always identify an ignorant prog by the way they argue. Even union educated Americans understand that the "right wing" is the party of sane government. While radical progs are advocating anarchy they manage to promote an insane argument that the right wing does not support Police authority.

Well who could argue with that unbiased assessment about what a "right wing" party entails FROM a right winger...Allow me to recap:
Right wing= Good......Left-wing=Bad.....pretty much summarizes it, don't you think?

..........Just a few more brain cells in your head, and you may just reach the half-brain mark.

Oh those irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

How many riots were there under Bush?

Lets follow your very thinly-veiled racist premise......

Blacks in large cities surmise that, heck, since the president is half-black, we can riot and loot our city with impunity....Right????

(especially if one is a black communist from Kenya, right idiot?)

Pathetic responses....Right wingers' hatred of Obama for city riots, hinting that he should have done something, is ludicrous and also shows the war-mongering attitudes of people who are clueless.

I'm not seeing where people blame Obama for this, I certainly don't. I'm not sure what he could do to prevent or control the situation. I think the governor calling a state of emergency was the best move.

I've seen a couple of really stupid posters here say they blame Obama.

But its the same brainless dunderheads who blame him for the Gulf war and a cold winter.

Idiots.

Edited to add - the president this morning, called the rioters and looters "thugs, arsonists, criminals"

I saw where he said there is no excuse. I agree with the President.

Sorry but who's blaming Obama? Another made up red herring troll thread. The libs are getting downright stupid here.

Dingbat, there's at least 2 or 3 threads by your fellow nitwits who are "blaming" Obama.....

I'm waiting for ONE of your ilk to ALSO blame the republican governor of Maryland.....just ONE.[/QUOT
It's is absolutely necessary to give people the room they need to destroy things, because without it there can be no peaceful protest?
Had an extra helping of kool-aid this morning eh?
:lol:

Yes as ......

"...there will always be a criminal element seeking wanton violence that will take advantage of the space given to peaceful protest."

Here’s her full comment:

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

Which is probably why you cut out this part of my response.

"...there will always be a criminal element seeking wanton violence that will take advantage of the space given to peaceful protest."

Anyone believing the Mayor was intentionally giving these violent criminal space to destroy is just fucking loopy.

Nice try:

"While we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that."

You seriously thought you had it didn't you? It's plain as day what she meant. Don't deny it.

Yes of course plain as day. By giving the peaceful protester space to protest, the criminals and thugs who wished to start a riot had use of that space as well? Saying that she meant to give the thugs that space is loopy.

She said what she said...on videotape...why try to lie about it or "reinterpret" it?

“It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.

Well the rabid right has to lie about it and say what she meant was to give the thugs space to riot, and hope that nobody investigate what was really said.

Interesting how you didn't actually include the alleged lie. Oh, I know! Why don't we just take your word for it that you're right and everyone else is lying, and not bother with any proof?

Yeah, hold your breath waiting for that.

How many riots were there under Bush?

Lets follow your very thinly-veiled racist premise......

Blacks in large cities surmise that, heck, since the president is half-black, we can riot and loot our city with impunity....Right????

(especially if one is a black communist from Kenya, right idiot?)

Could you be any more blinded by your racism? "The President is black, therefore he has no other characteristics whatsoever, he's JUST BLACK!" It's repulsive.

Contemplate the possibility that the trait of the President that encourages looters is the fact that he - stay with me here - actively encourages them. He says things that justify their actions. He refuses to condemn them in anything but the most pathetic, limp way possible. He doesn't demand that the appropriate authorities take strong action to put a stop to it.

It has nothing to do with him being black, no matter how obsessed you are with that, Sheet Boy. I'm sure any leftist politician would do the same, regardless of color. I'm equally certain a black conservative would be pressuring the mayor and/or the governor to forcefully get control of the situation yesterday.

Pathetic responses....Right wingers' hatred of Obama for city riots, hinting that he should have done something, is ludicrous and also shows the war-mongering attitudes of people who are clueless.

I'm not seeing where people blame Obama for this, I certainly don't. I'm not sure what he could do to prevent or control the situation. I think the governor calling a state of emergency was the best move.

Well, he could either come out publicly against this stuff in a manner consistent with a civilized human being who genuinely supports an orderly society, which he has an enormous problem faking. Alternatively, he could shut his flapping piehole and refrain from commenting on any of these situations at all, since his comments always seem to be utterly inappropriate and make it worse.

Here you go my loopy friends

Today, Howard Libit, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, issued the following statement regarding Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s comments on the rights of protesters:

“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”

This clarification is regarding comments made by Mayor Rawlings-Blake during a recent press conference. The mayor’s original quote follows (emphasis and clarification added):

“I’ve made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It’s a very delicate balancing act, because, while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also [as a result] gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to deescalate, and that’s what you saw.”

The odd tactic of giving Baltimore protesters space to destroy property Fusion

well of course the "Director of Strategic Planning and Policy" "issued a statement"...her comment was so ridiculous that SOMEBODY with some sense needed to try to cover it up and put out that fire.

What was ridiculous was the gymnastics the loopy bastards had to go through to twist what she said into something completely opposite of what she said. Frightening to see all the parrots repeating the nonsense.
Did she not say:
we also [as a result] gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.
?
That sure looks like she gave rioters a chance to riot. Hard to see how you spin it otherwise.

She did say it. The spin from the rabid right of course is that it was her intent to give them that space when it is obvious to normal folks that it is inherent to the situation.
OK I see what you're saying. I listened to the audo several times and it does seem that she is bemoaning,sort of, the fact that in the course of protecting some protestors she allowed others to riot.
That does not excuse the city's response, which was pathetic and ill advised and led to much of the rioting after the initial frenzy.

Well tickle my ass with a feather.
Sorry but who's blaming Obama? Another made up red herring troll thread. The libs are getting downright stupid here.

Dingbat, there's at least 2 or 3 threads by your fellow nitwits who are "blaming" Obama.....

I'm waiting for ONE of your ilk to ALSO blame the republican governor of Maryland.....just ONE.[/QUOT
Yes as ......

Here’s her full comment:

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

Which is probably why you cut out this part of my response.

Anyone believing the Mayor was intentionally giving these violent criminal space to destroy is just fucking loopy.

Nice try:

"While we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that."

You seriously thought you had it didn't you? It's plain as day what she meant. Don't deny it.

Yes of course plain as day. By giving the peaceful protester space to protest, the criminals and thugs who wished to start a riot had use of that space as well? Saying that she meant to give the thugs that space is loopy.

She said what she said...on videotape...why try to lie about it or "reinterpret" it?

“It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.

Well the rabid right has to lie about it and say what she meant was to give the thugs space to riot, and hope that nobody investigate what was really said.

Interesting how you didn't actually include the alleged lie. Oh, I know! Why don't we just take your word for it that you're right and everyone else is lying, and not bother with any proof?

The lie: "That the Mayor was intentionally giving these violent criminal space to destroy"

Do you believe that was her intent? To give those thugs space to destroy property?

well of course the "Director of Strategic Planning and Policy" "issued a statement"...her comment was so ridiculous that SOMEBODY with some sense needed to try to cover it up and put out that fire.

What was ridiculous was the gymnastics the loopy bastards had to go through to twist what she said into something completely opposite of what she said. Frightening to see all the parrots repeating the nonsense.
Did she not say:
we also [as a result] gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.
?
That sure looks like she gave rioters a chance to riot. Hard to see how you spin it otherwise.

She did say it. The spin from the rabid right of course is that it was her intent to give them that space when it is obvious to normal folks that it is inherent to the situation.
OK I see what you're saying. I listened to the audo several times and it does seem that she is bemoaning,sort of, the fact that in the course of protecting some protestors she allowed others to riot.
That does not excuse the city's response, which was pathetic and ill advised and led to much of the rioting after the initial frenzy.

Nice try:

The lie: "That the Mayor was intentionally giving these violent criminal space to destroy"

Do you believe that was her intent? To give those thugs space to destroy property?

I'm not trying to assess her "intentions"...I listened to what she said.

you can't spin it..there it is in plain english.

Did she not say:
?

What she meant is that unintentionally she gave space to destroy. I have to give this round to BlindBoo, as much as I think he's a moron.

Did she not say:
?

What she meant is that unintentionally she gave space to destroy. I have to give this round to BlindBoo, as much as I think he's a moron.

She meant just what she said....she doesn't need you people to reinterpret or "translate" it..We all know how to read.

She meant just what she said....she doesn't need you people to reinterpret or "translate" it..We all know how to read.

It isnt a spin. It's a correct reading of what she meant. Granted she was pretty inarticulate and the response from the government to the riots was nothing short of criminal.

It isnt a spin. It's a correct reading of what she meant. Granted she was pretty inarticulate and the response from the government to the riots was nothing short of criminal.

Here's the "correct reading" of what she meant..her own words..not your reinterpretation.

Here's the "correct reading" of what she meant..her own words..not your reinterpretation.

What she said means what I say it means. Go look at the video. I had to watch it like 3 times but that is what she meant.

A major tenet of right wing republicans is LESS governmental interference, especially from the federal government when it comes to local matters....

Yet, not one of these dingbats on this forum has the cojones to call out their fellow cretins for "blaming" Obama and the executive branch for not doing "something" (whatever that may be) regarding the Baltimore riots....

I see that you don't get it, that the Leader of our country should make speeches to quell violence across the Nation, not do the blame game and that it was the Mayor of Baltimore and the Governor of Maryland that does the protection of their State cities and counties.

BTW....just as an aside.....I read here that some republican posters refer to Baltimore as a "far-left city"......and I was wondering if anyone can name ANY of our large cities (1.5 million or more) that is not left-leaning....Perhaps some far south cities, but even in Texas during 2012, Obama actually won the largest 4 cities in that state.

Well, it's quite true that when people live in large cities, they do tend to get divorced somewhat from the realities of life, and elect leftist leaders, until such time as they wise up and elect a conservative to repair the damage.

Most of the individual cities that make up the Phoenix metropolitan area are more right-leaning than your average large city, if that helps.

Did she not say:
?

Nice try:

Who knows? She said what she said. She's a professional politician, for God's sake, so I think we should be allowed to assume she knows how to use words to communicate without extensive interpretation.

A major tenet of right wing republicans is LESS governmental interference, especially from the federal government when it comes to local matters....

Yet, not one of these dingbats on this forum has the cojones to call out their fellow cretins for "blaming" Obama and the executive branch for not doing "something" (whatever that may be) regarding the Baltimore riots....

I see that you don't get it, that the Leader of our country should make speeches to quell violence across the Nation, not do the blame game and that it was the Mayor of Baltimore and the Governor of Maryland that does the protection of their State cities and counties.
the gov (correctly) said that he couldn't mobilize the guard until the mayor asked him to...and she didn't right away..."blame whitey" won't work this time...

Then tell us what it means when she said - we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.

Then tell us what it means when she said - we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.

you talking to me?
I think it's self explanatory. negroes are special and they aren't to be held to the rules of civilization....they can do anything they want at any time for any reason..or no reason at all...because of "slavery" and "racism", ya know...LMAO..
a day of reckoning approaches.

I never once blamed Obama for the riots themselves.

What I blame is liberals, and their home party the Dimocrats for the conditions that have led to tragedies like Freddie Gray.
If Dimocrats did not train people by creating incentives, especially in the black community, to have children out of wedlock and collect a government check, you wouldn't have so many people feeling helpless to improve their lot in life and not having any self pride.

Dimocrats own what has happened to black culture, you destroyed their pride and motivations.

Forum List

Back