Ban Bumpstocks?

Ban the bumpstock or no?

• Total voters
Apparently the NRA has no objection. Maybe somebody should deal with the corrupt federal agency that sent 3,000 illegal weapons to drug cartels in Mexico.

Why not? They have no real purpose except mass murder. You can't aim for shit with them, but you don't need accuracy when you're firing into a crowd. You certainly wouldn't use them to hunt or for defense, as you're as likely to shoot your neighbor as you are the home invader.

Why not? They have no real purpose except mass murder. You can't aim for shit with them, but you don't need accuracy when you're firing into a crowd. You certainly wouldn't use them to hunt or for defense, as you're as likely to shoot your neighbor as you are the home invader.

No. They should not be banned. (And no, I do not have one)

1). Because ONE person used a car to ram into a crowd would we talk of banning cars? Don't let ONE persons actions dictate the law of the land.

2) The slippery slope syndrome....You allow them to ban ONE thing....and they will smell blood and get on a roll.
It would fuel their anti-Constitutional hysteria. If they acheive this, they will later say...."See? So and so was banned and it's the same thing" (even if it's totally different. They lie).... So NO

3). Bumpstocks scare the freaking SHIT out of Democrats who are already afraid of guns to begin with. If every American had one they'd be less likely to pull the corrupt shit they pull in Washington etc.

4). Statistically, I have ZERO fear of being gunned down by some fool with a bumpstock. Likewise, statistically, I have MUCH more to fear from teenagers texting while driving.

Because ... they are tools of mass murder. Vehicles are tools of transportation. The first serves only one purpose ... well, two if you count dicking around in target practice with a half-assed fully automatic. The second keeps society from falling apart.

Just because you're much more likely to die in a car wreck or from eating too many hamburgers doesn't mean we shouldn't try and shave off that extra 0.00001% chance of being gunned down at a concert by some lunatic spraying hundreds of rounds.

Because ... they are tools of mass murder. Vehicles are tools of transportation. The first serves only one purpose ... well, two if you count dicking around in target practice with a half-assed fully automatic. The second keeps society from falling apart.

Just because you're much more likely to die in a car wreck or from eating too many hamburgers doesn't mean we shouldn't try and shave off that extra 0.00001% chance of being gunned down at a concert by some lunatic spraying hundreds of rounds.

Why do our cops and our military use their guns for public defense if guns are only tools for mass murder?

Why do our cops and our military use their guns for public defense if guns are only tools for MURDER?

Did I say guns are only for murder? No. I said fully-automatic guns are. Or at least I heavily implied it. Good for clearing a room and suppressing fire and that's about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- free country and personal choice is the only reason i support ' slidefires' . Course i think that people should own machine guns if they like JShaw .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- free country and personal choice is the only reason i support ' slidefires' . Course i think that people should own machine guns if they like JShaw .

I suppose people should feel free to mow down crowds of unsuspecting people at concerts. Why did I not think of that? Land of the free man. Land of the free. I'm free to kill you, your family, and as many other people as I can. Yee haw.

I suppose people should feel free to mow down crowds of unsuspecting people at concerts. Why did I not think of that? Land of the free man. Land of the free. I'm free to kill you, your family, and as many other people as I can. Yee haw.
----------------------------------------------- like i said earlier in my last post , i support Americans living in a free country that want to own 'slidefires' JShaw .

----------------------------------------------- like i said earlier in my last post , i support Americans living in a free country that want to own 'slidefires' JShaw .

Out of curiosity, would you also support rocket launchers? What if the neighbor was just casually launching rockets next door, and they occasionally flew a little too close to your house where your kids play? Would that be okay with you as well?

Hyperbolic, I know. I just ask because I'm wondering how far the freedom should go. The freedom to fuck up other peoples' lives, or yours as well.

Cat's out of the bag...anyone can make one.

It would mostly be a ceremonial gesture anyway. There are already tons of these things out there, and like you said, people can just rig their own.
------------------------------------------------------------ shouldn't be a ban , ceremonial or not as its just another law that can be enforced by taxpayer paid public servants on their employers JShaw .

Why do our cops and our military use their guns for public defense if guns are only tools for MURDER?

Did I say guns are only for murder? No. I said fully-automatic guns are. Or at least I heavily implied it. Good for clearing a room and suppressing fire and that's about it.

Huh. No kidding,

As a Marine, I was trained to use fully automatic weapons (and a grenade launcher) for defensive purposes.

Go figger.

and just for the record , i don't own a 'slidefire' , never did and don't want to own one now .

Huh. No kidding,

As a Marine, I was trained to use fully automatic weapons (and a grenade launcher) for defensive purposes.

Go figger.

In a military setting? Sure. In your house? Probably not your go-to weapon. At least, I'd be very surprised to hear a marine tell me they need a machine gun for self-defense. Because the marines I know would laugh at the suggestion.

Forum List

Back