Ban Bumpstocks?

Ban the bumpstock or no?

• Total voters
You don't seem to be cognizant of what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment really is.

A well-regulated militia. The right to keep and bear arms.

A well-regulated militia.

A well-regulated ...

Well-regulated ...

The 2nd amendment does not give you the right to have any weapon you damn well please. It gives you the right to bear arms. Not all and any arms, but arms.

Define well regulated.

This will most likely be hilarious!

United States v. Miller

For starters. Interesting stuff.

I should have been more specific. Since you quoted the 2nd Amendment, I thought you understood I want you to define "well regulated" as it was intended when the framers wrote the amendment. I don't give a flying fuck about what some judge said decades later.

We aren't living in 1791, my friend. A few years have passed since then.

Then AMEND the fucking Constitution or shove your fucking feelgoods up you fucking ass,.

Huh. No kidding,

As a Marine, I was trained to use fully automatic weapons (and a grenade launcher) for defensive purposes.

Go figger.

In a military setting? Sure. In your house? Probably not your go-to weapon. At least, I'd be very surprised to hear a marine tell me they need a machine gun for self-defense. Because the marines I know would laugh at the suggestion.

I may not NEED ANY guns for self defense.

Thankfully, my right to own them and even to use them if it comes down to it is not a right that is contingent upon my "need."

It is far better to own a gun and know how to use it than to ever "need" one and not have it and though it is extremely unlikely it will ever happen, that would include having access to the very weapons you shit your pants over the most.

Why are you acting like I'm some 2nd-amendment hating flag-burner dude? I'm just having a conversation here.

You don't seem to be cognizant of what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment really is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- isn't the purpose of the 2nd amendment about target shooting , squirrel hunting , pheasant shooting and pest control eh ??

Finally someone gets it right!

Did I say guns are only for murder? No. I said fully-automatic guns are. Or at least I heavily implied it. Good for clearing a room and suppressing fire and that's about it.

These were not fully automatic weapons, as has been said here several times.

When was the last time a fully automatic weapon was used in a crime in the US?

Why not?

They were modified to act similarly to a fully automatic.

I'm a little worried we might see more attacks like this now, seeing how "successful" it was. Pretty easy to kill a lot of people with a gun like that. Just post up somewhere when people are gathered together and pop as many as you can.

The next time it will probably be a Muslim terrorist. Then all the people here will be outraged even though they are suspiciously quiet about the old white guy.

Did I say guns are only for murder? No. I said fully-automatic guns are. Or at least I heavily implied it. Good for clearing a room and suppressing fire and that's about it.

Why not?

I'm a little worried we might see more attacks like this now, seeing how "successful" it was. Pretty easy to kill a lot of people with a gun like that. Just post up somewhere when people are gathered together and pop as many as you can.

Or, steal a truck and drive right through the middle of em like they din in France killing almost twice as many.

Why not?

Or, steal a truck and drive right through the middle of em like they din in France killing almost twice as many.

That isn't the intended purpose of a truck though. And I think that guy pulled it off because France was completely caught with its pants down. The vehicle attacks since have been nowhere near as successful.

I may not NEED ANY guns for self defense.

Thankfully, my right to own them and even to use them if it comes down to it is not a right that is contingent upon my "need."

It is far better to own a gun and know how to use it than to ever "need" one and not have it and though it is extremely unlikely it will ever happen, that would include having access to the very weapons you shit your pants over the most.

Why are you acting like I'm some 2nd-amendment hating flag-burner dude? I'm just having a conversation here.

A well-regulated ...

Well-regulated ...

The 2nd amendment does not give you the right to have any weapon you damn well please. It gives you the right to bear arms. Not all and any arms, but arms.

Define well regulated.

United States v. Miller

DC vs Heller 2008

"Miller stands only for the proposition that the Second Amendment right, whatever its nature, extends only to certain types of weapons. It is particularly wrongheaded to read Miller for more than what it said, because the case did not even purport to be a thorough examination of the Second Amendment."

Why not?

The next time it will probably be a Muslim terrorist. Then all the people here will be outraged even though they are suspiciously quiet about the old white guy.
---------------------------------------------------------------- might already be a muslim . Probably converted to muslim like 'paddock' MAY have been converted to 'muslim' JShaw .

Last edited:

A well-regulated ...

Well-regulated ...

Define well regulated.

United States v. Miller

DC vs Heller 2008

"Miller stands only for the proposition that the Second Amendment right, whatever its nature, extends only to certain types of weapons. It is particularly wrongheaded to read Miller for more than what it said, because the case did not even purport to be a thorough examination of the Second Amendment."

Sure. I doubt one case is going to settle the issue. Which is why I said "for starters". That implies there is more information out there.

yeah , islamic state 'isis' says that 'paddock' converted to 'islam' months ago JShaw .

Why not?

That isn't the intended purpose of a truck though. And I think that guy pulled it off because France was completely caught with its pants down. The vehicle attacks since have been nowhere near as successful.

I'm sure all those killed by the truck would share your outrage over anyone using a truck for anything other than for it's intended purpose.

What if the truck was painted black first, had a pistol grip shifter, studded tires, twin turbo chargers and sharks teeth painted on the grill....

Surely Then it would be an "assault truck" wouldn't it?

yeah , islamic state 'isis' says that 'paddock' converted to 'islam' months ago JShaw .

Of course they did. They'll say anything to make it look like they aren't falling apart at the seams and getting bent over by the Russians, Syrians, Peshmerga, Iraqis, and US airstrikes.

I think it's very, very unlikely to be the case. Religious zealots usually leave mountains of evidence explaining their motivations. This guy, apparently, left none. Or at least so little that it hasn't yet been disclosed to the public.

Why not?

I'm sure all those killed by the truck would share your outrage over anyone using a truck for anything other than for it's intended purpose.

What if the truck was painted black first, had a pistol grip shifter, studded tires, twin turbo chargers and sharks teeth painted on the grill....

Surely Then it would be an "assault truck" wouldn't it?

What, do you think I'm happy about all the people who were killed by the nutjob in the truck? Of course not. But drawing equivalencies between trucks and guns is just ... well, silly.

Why not?

Well, the intended purpose of a steak knife isn't to perform an abdominal aortic resection either.

Not that it would have made any difference, but a manufactured fully automatic AR-15 would fire 200-300 more rounds per minute. However, the barrel would start to get white or even blue hot. Those are designed for another person, with a glove, to switch barrels very quickly. This shooter had multiple guns instead.

Terrorists are already using automatic weapons so this is no news to them. Street gangs are another thing. In Chicago, gangs are already starting to use rifles instead of handguns.

Of course they did. They'll say anything to make it look like they aren't falling apart at the seams and getting bent over by the Russians, Syrians, Peshmerga, Iraqis, and US airstrikes.

I think it's very, very unlikely to be the case. Religious zealots usually leave mountains of evidence explaining their motivations. This guy, apparently, left none. Or at least so little that it hasn't yet been disclosed to the public.
--------------------------------------------------------- who KNOWS , Sitll 'islamic state' takes credit and that doesn't sound far fetched to me or many others . My only hope is that this 'paddock' was muslim doing his religious work as 'islamic state' claims JShaw .

Forum List

Back