Ban Bumpstocks?

Ban the bumpstock or no?

• Total voters
The rate of fire for a bump stock equipped rifle? 400 to 800 rounds per minute.

Do you know, for example, what the rate of fire for an AK47 on full auto is?

600 rounds per minute.

Now go ahead and convince us that the bump stock is not enabling automatic fire.

Gun laws do not stop crime and they do not stop suicides.

Suicide is a choice and it's not up to you to tell a person he does not have the right to end his own life.

If we banned guns, we'd reduce the suicide rate.

And you have to make the distinction between those who own guns legally and those who don't. The latter are the ones committing most of the crime and murder

Not really. every time we have one of these mass shooting incidents, we find someone who had no problem getting a gun legally even though everyone knew he was crazy.

Did I say guns are only for murder? No. I said fully-automatic guns are. Or at least I heavily implied it. Good for clearing a room and suppressing fire and that's about it.

These were not fully automatic weapons, as has been said here several times.

When was the last time a fully automatic weapon was used in a crime in the US?

Why not?

They were modified to act similarly to a fully automatic.

I'm a little worried we might see more attacks like this now, seeing how "successful" it was. Pretty easy to kill a lot of people with a gun like that. Just post up somewhere when people are gathered together and pop as many as you can.

The next time it will probably be a Muslim terrorist. Then all the people here will be outraged even though they are suspiciously quiet about the old white guy.
No it didn't act like an automatic. The trigger was pulled for every round fired that is by definition a semiautomatic
All the bump stock does is pull the trigger faster

A semi-auto requires you to pull the trigger for each shot. The bump stock pulls the trigger FOR you. That makes it an automatic.

It's interesting how so many rightwing fanatics, on any issue, are attracted to USMB.

That's because you Lefties post so much ignorant shit that requires addressing.

I don't see you ever disproving anything I post.

Yes or no?
No.

Because only the law-abiding will comply with the law.

Then why have laws against ANYTHING?
Here we go again.

We have laws so that we can punish people after they commit an illegal act. Laws do not, have not ever and will not ever prevent anyone from committing a crime.

Laws deter. Anyone with a brain knows that.

No, they don't. Anyone with a brain knows that.

If laws deter, then why hasn't the hundreds on hundreds of laws regarding drugs, prevented a massive overdose epidemic we are currently having?

No, they don't deter. Anyone who looks at the facts, knows this.

Homemade submachine guns – part 1 (Brazil)

Note, all automatic weapons are illegal in Brazil. Apparently all these homemade fully automatic weapons, missed that memo.... or maybe banning stuff doesn't work.

Did I say guns are only for murder? No. I said fully-automatic guns are. Or at least I heavily implied it. Good for clearing a room and suppressing fire and that's about it.

Why not?

I'm a little worried we might see more attacks like this now, seeing how "successful" it was. Pretty easy to kill a lot of people with a gun like that. Just post up somewhere when people are gathered together and pop as many as you can.

The next time it will probably be a Muslim terrorist. Then all the people here will be outraged even though they are suspiciously quiet about the old white guy.
No it didn't act like an automatic. The trigger was pulled for every round fired that is by definition a semiautomatic

The shooter does not PULL the trigger for every shot. The shooter holds his trigger finger IN PLACE.

Yes or no?
No.

Here we go again.

We have laws so that we can punish people after they commit an illegal act. Laws do not, have not ever and will not ever prevent anyone from committing a crime.

If laws deter, then why hasn't the hundreds on hundreds of laws regarding drugs, prevented a massive overdose epidemic we are currently having?

Note, all automatic weapons are illegal in Brazil. Apparently all these homemade fully automatic weapons, missed that memo.... or maybe banning stuff doesn't work.

Laws don't deter?

So if they took all the stop signs out of your city, the frequency of motorists NOT stopping at those intersections would stay exactly the same?

lol, that's the most retarded thing I've heard all week.

Suicide is a choice and it's not up to you to tell a person he does not have the right to end his own life.

And you have to make the distinction between those who own guns legally and those who don't. The latter are the ones committing most of the crime and murder

Not really. every time we have one of these mass shooting incidents, we find someone who had no problem getting a gun legally even though everyone knew he was crazy.

No, it would not reduce the suicide rate.

They would have no problem getting a gun illegally, which happens all the time in countries where getting a gun legally isn't possible.

"The statute improved nothing, and now crime and deaths are up," he said. "The authorities focused on regulating legal purchases to an absurd extent. It can take up to a year to get a license here." He argued that the obstacles to ownership pushed people into buying illegal weapons.

The country's civilians are estimated to own upwards of 18 million guns, with more than half of them believed to be illicit.​

Despite Firearm Restrictions, Gun Violence Kills Five People Every Hour in Brazil | VICE News

Why not?

A semi-auto requires you to pull the trigger for each shot. The bump stock pulls the trigger FOR you. That makes it an automatic.

It's interesting how so many rightwing fanatics, on any issue, are attracted to USMB.

That's because you Lefties post so much ignorant shit that requires addressing.

I don't see you ever disproving anything I post.

Of course you don't. You truly insane prefer the delusion over reality.

No.

Here we go again.

Laws don't deter?

So if they took all the stop signs out of your city, the frequency of motorists NOT stopping at those intersections would stay exactly the same?

Not a comparable example. Not even a logical example.

My original statement is true, and your counter isn't even rational.

What we are talking about, is a person who is willing and able to go on a mass shooting spree.

A person who is willing to commit murder, and then kill himself afterwards, is not going to be deterred in the slightest by a gun law.

That.... what you are saying... is the most retarded thing I've heard all week.

Your position is basically, a guy who is willing to MURDER people.... and KILL HIMSELF...... is going to sit there and think.... "Oh wait... that might violate a gun law.... I better not do it.".

That is absolute STUPIDITY. And anyone who thinks that way, is a brainless moron.

NO... it is not going to be a deterrent. Not even close. Your dumb little gun regulation, and gun ban, and gun control, and gun laws, are not going to deter one single person from doing anything.

No, it would not reduce the suicide rate.

They would have no problem getting a gun illegally, which happens all the time in countries where getting a gun legally isn't possible.

why do you need to compare us to an impoverished third world country to make your point?

Murder and shooting people, isn't different in a rich country, or a poor country.

Why you think it would magically make a difference is beyond me.

If anything, being a rich country, would make the law less effective, because people here are more capable of circumventing the law.

We have people here, who can print out on a 3D printer, a bump stock. I wager those in poor countries have less access to self-fabrication technology.

Yes. Its simple, we have laws regulating fully automatic weapons and this device breaks those laws getting away with it on a technicality. Either grow a pair of balls and change the law, or ban this device. Conservatives can't wave the Constitution with one hand while firing full auto with a bump stock with the other are we for the Constitution and rule of law or not??

Here we go again.

Laws don't deter?

What we are talking about, is a person who is willing and able to go on a mass shooting spree.

A person who is willing to commit murder, and then kill himself afterwards, is not going to be deterred in the slightest by a gun law.

Your position is basically, a guy who is willing to MURDER people.... and KILL HIMSELF...... is going to sit there and think.... "Oh wait... that might violate a gun law.... I better not do it.".

That is absolute STUPIDITY. And anyone who thinks that way, is a brainless moron.

NO... it is not going to be a deterrent. Not even close. Your dumb little gun regulation, and gun ban, and gun control, and gun laws, are not going to deter one single person from doing anything.

This is the statement I replied to:

"Here we go again.

We have laws so that we can punish people after they commit an illegal act. Laws do not, have not ever and will not ever prevent anyone from committing a crime."

Go ahead and prove that isn't wrong..

Yes or no?
No.

Here we go again.

No they don't.
If they did we would have zero crime.

Why not?

Wrong.

If the trigger needs to be pulled for every shot by definition the rifle is a semiauto, All bump firing is is a technique to increase the speed of the trigger pull and FYI anyone can bump fire a semiauto rifle with nothing but their own 2 hands

Here we go again.

Laws don't deter?

This is the statement I replied to:

"Here we go again.

We have laws so that we can punish people after they commit an illegal act. Laws do not, have not ever and will not ever prevent anyone from committing a crime."

Go ahead and prove that isn't wrong..
It is 100% correct.

The laws against murder do not prevent anyone from murdering
The laws against assault do not prevent assaults
The laws against embezzling do not prevent embezzling
and we all know how well the laws against drug use work.

The rate of fire for a bump stock equipped rifle? 400 to 800 rounds per minute.

Do you know, for example, what the rate of fire for an AK47 on full auto is?

600 rounds per minute.

Now go ahead and convince us that the bump stock is not enabling automatic fire.

There is no way a semiauto with a bump stock can fire faster than a full auto

You might not want to get your information about guns from the main stream media

Why not?

The shooter does not PULL the trigger for every shot. The shooter holds his trigger finger IN PLACE.

My god are you dense.

Yes or no?
No.

Here we go again.

No they don't.
If they did we would have zero crime.

That's retarded. Laws deter crime. Not all crime you moron.

Do you honestly believe that no one who's drunk ever uses a designated driver, or calls a cab, because they've been deterred from driving drunk by the LAW?

No one? Ever?

You have no proof that banning guns will reduce the suicide rate

1% of all murders occur in mass shooting events that means that 99% of murders happen outside of mass shooting events

I know you are math challenged but come on.

Forum List

Back