Banning gun sales to young American adults under 21 is unconstitutional, judge rules

And yet teenagers don't seem to have a problem getting any of those products. When I was 15 a 16 y/o friend got beer for us. He had a note from his invalid parents that the local grocery store honored allowing him to purchase beer for them along with groceries. We also had no problem getting cigarettes as there were cigarette vending machines everywhere.
straw purchase... just like the guns... lock em up for life

Idiot. He meant that it's all American's birthright to own firearms. That right is granted to every American citizen by was of the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. The right to bear arms has nothing to do with the US military.
2A.JPG

The American citizenry are the militia, not to be confused with government-owned, controlled, and funded branches of the military. And like the Second Amendment read, their right to bear arms will not be infringed.

The term "well-regulated" as it was used during the time the amendment was written, has absolutely nothing to do with the government "controlling" or "regulating" the armed citizenry. It meant functioning in order, as in: “a well-regulated clock.”

why you fascinated with shitting in your hand?

You're the one with a handful of wishes, Cletus, not me. I have plenty of guns and you'll never get to do anything about that, no matter how much you cry about it. Let's face it: You're just impotent and can't change a fucking thing.

:laughing0301:

No need. If you live in a state without backgroud checks and 18 year old can buy a gun in a private sale:

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?​

Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of state or local law. However, if state law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

Yes, 50 years ago what the person talked about existed. I would think that in the deep south it went on longer but not much longer. Today, you need an ID to purchase Tobacco, Booze and firearms. And all have a minimum age to purchase.

No need. If you live in a state without backgroud checks and 18 year old can buy a gun in a private sale:

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?​

Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of state or local law. However, if state law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

We know all about that.. The Kenosha Kid...

There you have it. The state of Virginia would be in violation of federal law if they tried to prohibit adults under 21 from purchasing a firearm. A state enacting their own laws that contradict federal law is a definite violation of the Supremacy Clause.

"Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government's exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government. "

You're really going to ask that while sitting at a computer? You've heard there's no such thing as a dumb question? Well it's not true.

Then why would you even bring up his name, if he was never convicted of a gun crime?

Was that more "wishing in one hand and crapping in the other"?

You're really going to ask that while sitting at a computer? You've heard there's no such thing as a dumb question? Well it's not true.

As much as it pains me, I agree with JGalt on this one. You are playing the MAGA game where you try and disturb the flow with something else.

There you have it. The state of Virginia would be in violation of federal law if they tried to prohibit adults under 21 from purchasing a firearm. A state enacting their own laws that contradict federal law is a definite violation of the Supremacy Clause.

"Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government's exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government. "

A few years ago VA implemented a law that all firearm transfers needed to go thru an FFL so a BC could be done. That meant those 18-20 could not purchase a handgun in a private sale because the FFL could not legally do a background check for a sale to one under 21. I believe that is where this case comes from.

A few years ago VA implemented a law that all firearm transfers needed to go thru an FFL so a BC could be done. That meant those 18-20 could not purchase a handgun in a private sale because the FFL could not legally do a background check for a sale to one under 21. I believe that is where this case comes from.

Laws like that were meant to be broken. If states can ignore federal drug laws about marijuana, which is a Schedule I controlled substance, then fuck idiot and unconstitutional gun laws.

Forum List

Back