Banning gun sales to young American adults under 21 is unconstitutional, judge rules

A few years ago VA implemented a law that all firearm transfers needed to go thru an FFL so a BC could be done. That meant those 18-20 could not purchase a handgun in a private sale because the FFL could not legally do a background check for a sale to one under 21. I believe that is where this case comes from.

I bet BoostedHayabusa hates the fact that FEDERAL LAW allows an 18 year old to buy a shotgun or rifle.

A few years ago VA implemented a law that all firearm transfers needed to go thru an FFL so a BC could be done. That meant those 18-20 could not purchase a handgun in a private sale because the FFL could not legally do a background check for a sale to one under 21. I believe that is where this case comes from.

Except that an 18 year old could do a background check. There is nothing in the Federal Laws that says that any Adult (18 is legally an adult) can be denied the owning of a handgun. And if you do go though a FFL then you Must pass a BG check. Read up on Heller V D.C.. That explains the most recent ruling about 18 year olds being allowed to purchase a handgun. And why the AR can be heavily regulated by the state, province, county or city.

Except that an 18 year old could do a background check. There is nothing in the Federal Laws that says that any Adult (18 is legally an adult) can be denied the owning of a handgun. And if you do go though a FFL then you Must pass a BG check. Read up on Heller V D.C.. That explains the most recent ruling about 18 year olds being allowed to purchase a handgun. And why the AR can be heavily regulated by the state, province, county or city.
Except that an 18 year old could do a background check.

Federal prohibits an FFL from selling a handgun to an 18 year old. That also means that the BC can't be done.

There is nothing in the Federal Laws that says that any Adult (18 is legally an adult) can be denied the owning of a handgun.

I know. I pointed that out. You can't buy one from an FFL.

You're really going to ask that while sitting at a computer? You've heard there's no such thing as a dumb question? Well it's not true.
Hey, whatever happened to the black guy that kicked him in the face and said "get his gun" just before the next 2 caught teh bullets?

il_fullxfull.2038902442_6vku.jpg

Federal prohibits an FFL from selling a handgun to an 18 year old. That also means that the BC can't be done.

I know. I pointed that out. You can't buy one from an FFL.

MOST states ignored that and did it anyway. And it was just a matter of time when a Court were to rule that an 18 year old CAN purchase a handgun. The law you are talking about was a Federal Firearms law adopted in 1968. But the grounds to rewrite that law was done by Heller V DC in 2008. So, technically, that part of the law has not been enforceable since 2008.

All roads for firearms leads back to Heller V DC.

Forum List

Back