Barack Obama bombs in Berlin

5000 seats and 4500 show up?

Was there a mad stampede to buy tickets or to get a place on the bleachers?

Lemme guess...

500 seats for diplomats and the press...

1000 seats for deserving government bureaucrats and their families...

1000 seats by mail-order advance sale for interested parties...

2000 seats for Berlin office workers on an extended lunch, using free beer, schnitzel and pomfrittes as a lure

Ol' Angela knows how to pack those seats when she has to...
wink_smile.gif

Here's guessing that the empty 500 seats were mostly diplomats and press who'd heard and seen it all one too many times... that, or office workers who were on a diet and decided to pass on the beer, schnitzel and pomfrittes...

Another person who does not understand invitation only. Do you guys read the posts?

Amazingly he still got 5,000,000 more votes than Mitt Romney. They showed up on election day.

Howd that taste?

332-206

After the IRS scandal it's understandable.
I think what also happened in November 2012 was that a few million Romney voters assumed Romney was gonna win in a 55/45 landslide, therefore voting for Romney wouldn't of affected the count, hey, why waste time voting, Romney has already won. Even I was worried on election night about turnout.

Beg to differ!

The reason that Romney did not win rests partly on the shoulders of so-called Christians, who stayed home by the millions, because they were stupid enough to prefer a Muslim Communist to a Mormon.

Plus the mindless 90% of a certain group of people, those who like living as the unfortunate ghetto dwellers of Detroit.

Plus the 70 or so percent of another group of people, those who endorse breaking the law and feel proud of sneaking into somebody else's country.

Plus those misguided and pathetic nobodies of the group of people who will soon be the minority, who figured that supporting a person who is Hell bent on changing - fundamentally - the country they love to hate, but taking full advantage of the perks and freedoms it provides, as cast their vote for the fraud that history will prove to be the first legitimate replacement of Benedict Arnold as the worst traitor in history.

The above, I am sure adds up to far more than 5,000,000 of misguided lost souls.

The IRS kept the Tea Party from participating in the ground game. That's why Romney lost.

Lemme guess...

2000 seats for Berlin office workers on an extended lunch, using free beer, schnitzel and pomfrittes as a lure

wink_smile.gif

Here's guessing that the empty 500 seats were mostly diplomats and press who'd heard and seen it all one too many times... that, or office workers who were on a diet and decided to pass on the beer, schnitzel and pomfrittes...

Another person who does not understand invitation only. Do you guys read the posts?
Did somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning or something?

I was just having fun with the 'Invitation Only' concept, in this context.

If you want to get friggin' Literal and Serious about it, one could, by stretching the definition of Invitation by only a skosh, vigorously and truthfully defend what constitutes an Invitation under each of those sub-categories...

But, in truth, I was just havin' a little fun with it, 'K?

I'm not gonna let you pee in MY Cheerios this morning with something as niggling and small-change as this.

Have a good one.

Lemme guess...

wink_smile.gif

Did somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning or something?

I was just having fun with the 'Invitation Only' concept, in this context.

If you want to get friggin' Literal and Serious about it, one could, by stretching the definition of Invitation by only a skosh, vigorously and truthfully defend what constitutes an Invitation under each of those sub-categories...

But, in truth, I was just havin' a little fun with it, 'K?

I'm not gonna let you pee in MY Cheerios this morning with something as niggling and small-change as this.

Have a good one.

Yeah right, all if you who did not pick this up were only kidding.

"...Yeah right, all if you who did not pick this up were only kidding."
Lighten up, slick...
teeth_smile.gif
...let's not brawl until we've got a better reason, eh?

"Lighten up slick" -- the whole thread is based on the premise of the audience size, now it's "hey, I was only keedin'"...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ]Run away! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube[/ame]

It's becoming more and more clear...he is just in love with his own rhetoric...no one else is~

When John F. Kennedy delivered his “Ich Bin Ein Berliner” speech in front of the Brandenburg Gate on June 26, 1963, 450,000 people flocked to hear him. Fifty years later a far more subdued invitation-only crowd of 4,500 showed up to hear Barack Obama speak at the same location in Berlin. As The National Journal noted, “he didn’t come away with much, winning just a smattering of applause from a crowd that was one-hundredth the size of JFK’s,” and far smaller than the 200,000 boisterous Germans who had listened to his 2008 address as a presidential candidate. JFK had a clear message when he came to Berlin a half century ago – the free world must stand up to Communist tyranny. 24 years later, President Reagan stood in the same spot famously calling on the Soviets to “tear down this wall.” Reagan’s speech was a seminal moment that ushered in the downfall of an evil empire, and gave hope to tens of millions of people behind the Iron Curtain. It was a display of strength and conviction by the leader of the free world, sending an unequivocal message of solidarity with those who were fighting for freedom in the face of a monstrous totalitarian ideology.

In stark contrast to that of his presidential predecessors, Barack Obama’s message on Wednesday was pure mush, another clichéd “citizens of the world” polemic with little substance. This was a speech big on platitudes and hopeless idealism, while containing much that was counter-productive for the world’s superpower. Ultimately it was little more than a laundry list of Obama’s favourite liberal pet causes, including cutting nuclear weapons, warning about climate change, putting an end to all wars, shutting Guantanamo, ending global poverty, and backing the European Project. It was a combination of staggering naiveté, the appeasement of America’s enemies and strategic adversaries, and the championing of more big government solutions.

Barack Obama bombs in Berlin: a weak, underwhelming address from a floundering president ? Telegraph Blogs

What does invitation only crowd mean to you?

It means that Barry couldn't sell out the arena on his World Tour, so his promoters handed out a bunch of comp tickets to a smaller venue.

Well, it is a just leetle bit ironic how folks are trying to trash Obama's speech in Europe when Bush can't even go there for a public speaking engagement because the local authorities have to fear anti-Bush rioting and calls for him to be arrested and put before the international court for war crimes. As was noted, and ignored, earlier in the thread: Obama has a 70% favorable rating among Europeans, whereas Bush is at 10%.

Last edited:
I think luddy is really, Chris (tingles up his leg for Obama) Matthews

good grief

Well, it is a just leetle bit ironic how folks are trying to trash Obama's speech in Europe when Bush can't even go there for a public speaking engagement because the local authorities have to fear anti-Bush rioting and calls for him to bet arrested and put before the international court for war crimes. As was noted, and ignored, earlier in the thread: Obama has a 70% favorable rating among Europeans, whereas Bush is at 10%.

okey dokey, we'll just take your word on all that...:doubt:
and if they love Obama in Europe so much they can take him and his boring sermons...

It's becoming more and more clear...he is just in love with his own rhetoric...no one else is~

Barack Obama bombs in Berlin: a weak, underwhelming address from a floundering president ? Telegraph Blogs

What does invitation only crowd mean to you?

It means that Barry couldn't sell out the arena on his World Tour, so his promoters handed out a bunch of comp tickets to a smaller venue.

It means the same thing as the speech in Israel where they had to scour the entire country to scrape up 650 college students to go.

In Berlin, they tried to get 6,000 people to go, but only 4,500 showed up.

Bush's unfavorability in Europe stems from the Iraq/Afghanistan war. Europeans generally felt and still feel that the United States should have taken no action after 911. The perpetrators were all dead in the planes that crashed into the twin towers and that should have been the end of it. Bush overreacted and acted like a cowboy.

Bush had no obligation to satisfy European sensibilities. obama gives lip service and promises to those sensibilities then kills as many as he wishes.

Bush's unfavorability in Europe stems from the Iraq/Afghanistan war. Europeans generally felt and still feel that the United States should have taken no action after 911. The perpetrators were all dead in the planes that crashed into the twin towers and that should have been the end of it. Bush overreacted and acted like a cowboy.

Bush had no obligation to satisfy European sensibilities. obama gives lip service and promises to those sensibilities then kills as many as he wishes.

I was wondering what Obama has done for Europe that his favorable ratings are 70%..?
I guess giving them his mere Presence, or they are as shallow as the people here who worship him.

LOL You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. On the one hand, what Europeans think of Bush doesn't matter, they are just Europeans and of no importance. On the other hand, what Europeans think of Obama matters greatly: isn't that the premise of this thread?

Oh, and BTW, what the Europeans think Bush went into Iraq for is oil. War for oil. That is why they loath him so intensely.

Forum List

Back